“warm welcome on arrival” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Miami Airport

Residence Inn Miami Airport
Ranked #21 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“warm welcome on arrival”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I got a very warm reception on arrival at the hotel from Mary Diaz and Nathalia Rojas. These two ladies were very nice kind with respect to all the assistance i requested to know as visitor to the city. I like to rate their professionalism to be at extreme best.
Thanks and God bless.

Room Tip: Good experience for travelers that lodge at Residence Inn Marriot Miami Airport to have.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I used Trip Advisor to find this hotel... spending quite a bit of time looking at all available options. If your looking for something close to the airport, this is it. Never heard a plane in room! Buffet was excellent. Room seemed brand new. Regular Marriott across parking lot with great restaurant.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Efjae
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stayed here for two nights while in town to see a Marlins game; it was easy to get to the stadium and back on surface roads avoiding all the traffic on the highway. There are three Marriott hotels on the property that all share one pool but it works well (Marriott, Courtyard, and Residence Inn). We had a two bedroom, two bathroom suite with an adjoining living room/kitchen for less than the cost of two individual rooms, a great deal.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We booked this hotel with a park and fly package. We were taking a 8 night cruise out of the Port Of Miami and did a lot of research for a place to stay and leave our car! This is the best! We arrived right at 3pm and were greeted by Natalia! What a gem she is. She checked us in very fast, answered all of our questions and welcomed us like we were old friends. We parked our car and checked out our beautiful suite for the night. This place is something else! I can see why some business men are very happy staying there. They treat you like royalty. Spoke with several that have stayed there for weeks/months and they said the service is top notch all the time. We asked Natalia about a good place for Cuban and she recommended Latin Cafe which was only 2 block away so we walked there for dinner. Great suggestion. We enjoyed a drink at the bar over at the Courtyard and enjoyed using the pool that is shared by all three hotels. We had a great night sleep and breakfast was included the next morning which was fantastic. They had eggs, sausage, potatoes, waffles, cereals, fruit and much more. What a wonderful spread. We loaded our things we weren't taking on the cruise and Danny was a great help in the morning. I needed a band aid and he gave me several just in case I needed it again. He checked us out and told us how to it worked when we returned. He called us a cab and wished us a wonderful vacation. We had a cab at the front door in 2 minutes! When we return to Miami for any reason, we WILL be staying at the Residence Inn at the Airport! Thank you for a great start to a wonderful vacation. By the way, when we returned, our car was perfect and we gave the attendant our parking pass and were on our way home.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
2 Thank Vidimom
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Vidimom,

Thank you for writing a detailed review about your stay with us before your cruise. WE are delighted you enjoyed a quick visit.

Danny, Nathalia and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel prior to your next cruise.

Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Stayed here for a night on points. Wow the traffic is a bear in this area. Make sure you get here before or after rush hour because it was annoying trying to get here a long time during rush hour but I don't consider that is the hotel's fault. Check-in seemed to take a little longer than I typically like but they were very friendly and nice so no biggie. Please note if you stay less than 6 days there is a 20 dollar per night parking fee. The hotel has a nice modern exterior appearance and modern looking interior. The room is compact and simple to utilize and looks relatively new too. It had essentially a full kitchen with fridge, sink, microwave, and dishwasher and appeared very clean and tidy. There was a single flatscreen TV on a spinning platform so you could use it in the living or bedroom area. This is a novel approach and the TV can follow you. The bathroom smelled like cigarette smoke so that was annoying. I guess that was due to a previous guests smoking. The room also included a couch and chair in the living area. I did notice that the hotel front desk as impossible to reach late night when I had a question to ask like why cant I get on the internet. That issue resolved itself later so no big deal. There a several Marriott properties here in the same area and that provides a couple of restaurants in close proximity including a Champions Sports Bar. The food was acceptable for a quick meal. There are other options in the area that the front desk is happy to clue guests into but they do seem require either walking or driving. The free breakfast was good and plentiful for a good morning start. Eggs, sausage, potatoes, bagels, and french toast were all available as well as a milk and juice to drink. The housekeeping staff was very quiet and did not disturb me earl which is always a plus. Slept very well so taking all this into account I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Odd rooms appear to face the front of the hotel based on my room #.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank erldprl
Dear erldprl,

Thank you for writing a detailed review about our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed our full breakfast buffet.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on a future visit.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

I think Marriott has a very good customer service, so when I booked this hotel I was expecting nothing less than a very good service and a high quality place to stay. I have stayed at more than 10 different Marriott properties in the las 24 months and hands down, Residence Inn Miami Airport has the best customer service! Staff was very warm and always knew how to make our stay more enjoyable. They all did a great job! The facilities are in great shape, free breakfast and dinner included it is absolutely unbeatable!

I would definitely stay here again and again and again! Great job! Don't forget to say hello to Nathalia, she truly goes above and beyond!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Jaime P
Dear Jan Z,

Thank you for writing a detailed review about your stay with us. We are delighted that you found our hotel to be to the standards that you expect with Marriott hotels.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Just wanted to give a shout out for my House Keeper Elena who works at the Residence Inn Miami Airport. I’ve been a road warier for over 30 years staying in hotels for a month or more each time and Elena is by far the best House Keeper I’ve ever had.
While Elena is Latina and speaks little english, we communicate very well and she always ensures my room is fully serviced and stocked with the necessities. I had several family and friends visit during my recent stay and Elena made sure everyone was comfortable and ensured that we all had what we needed.
If you are traveling to Miami and staying at the Residence Inn Miami Airport, do yourself a favor and request a room in Elena’s area.

John Byrum
Residence Inn Miami Airport room 123 July/August 2014

Room Tip: Pick a room serviced by Elena
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Midnight Spook,

Thank you for staying with us and for recognizing our Housekeeper. I am delighted to know that she t is taking great care of you during your stay with us.

Alex Caceres