“The best front desk staff ever!”

Residence Inn Miami Airport
Ranked #22 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Vernon Hills, Illinois
“The best front desk staff ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I just recently returned home from a 60+ night stay at the Residence Inn Miami Airport. I was down in Miami for job training for a new job and this is where my company put me.

The hotel is located very close to the MIA airport and has a shuttle bus that runs frequently, so it is convenient for those flying in and out of MIA.

The hotel is very clean and modern. My room was nice and spacious. My room had a small stove, full size fridge, and a dishwasher which is nice if you are planning on staying long term. There are a couple grocery stores nearby, but the front desk staff will go buy your groceries without charge if you need them to. Just give them a list of what you want and they will go get it. There are also a few restaurants, most of them Cuban, within walking distance of the hotel.

The hotel does have complimentary breakfast every morning. Scrambled eggs, sausage or ham, cereal, breads, pastries, fruit, etc. They do have dinner for the guests three nights a week. Dinner varied every week, but inluded tacos, hamburgers, sandwiches, pasta, etc. However, it is a lot of processed food, so keep that in mind if you are a health nut. It's complimentary and a nice gesture on the hotel's part, so I'm certainly not complaining. There is also a gas grill for guests to use on the back patio which is a good option to have. There were several nights that we went to the grocery store and bought steaks, burgers, etc and grilled out.

Finally, the best part of this hotel was the staff. I travel a lot for work and normally stay in several different hotels a month and I can honestly say that the front desk staff at this hotel is proably the friendliest and most helpful staff that I have come across at any hotel, at least as long as I can remember. Special shoutouts to Laura, Nathalia, Pawee, Daniel, and David. Each one of them were awesome and made a long stay away from home much easier to deal with.

Overall, I had a great stay at the Residence Inn MIA. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, no matter wheter it's only for a couple nights or a couple months.

Green Features: This is one area that was lacking. I'm not a tree hugger by any means, but I do try to recycle when I can. Have recycling bins in the room would be nice. I went through a ton of plastic water bottles since I stayed for more than two months.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Sanstorm,

We are delighted you enjoyed your 60 days with us. Thank you so much for writing such a detailed review.
Come back and see us soon,

Alex Caceres

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

It's weird that I'm giving an airport hotel 5 stars, but it was the perfect place for our family. We stopped in Miami for one night before heading to the Caribbean. We chose a 2 bedroom suite for our family of 5. The space was perfect, the beds were comfortable, and the room was well-appointed and clean.

The front desk staff made a huge impression, especially Nathalia. Shortly after checking in, she brought coloring pages and crayons up to our room for the kids. She was also extremely helpful at recommending a local restaurant and calling us a taxi. She is a great asset to this hotel. The other staff members were also extremely helpful and friendly. Almost makes me wish we had stayed longer!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank LisaSecula
Dear LisaSecula,

Thank you for your review about our hotel and our front desk staff Nathalia. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Super nice desk staff!! Bed, pillows so comfortable! Had full kitchen, living room, free wi-fi, huge screen tv, beautiful bathroom, and quiet room. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!! Also has free shuttle service from and to airport. Just can't say enough.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Norma R
Dear Norma R,

Thank you for writing about our nice desk staff. We are delighted that you enjoyed all that our rooms have to offer.

We look forward to your return with us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Six of us stayed here (in a two bedroom suite and a separate one bedroom room) and had a lovely pre-cruise stay. The campus of hotels is incredibly convenient providing several restaurant and bar options, a Starbucks , fitness center and pool between the the properties. The staff was lovely, particularly manager Alex and front desk staff Nathalia. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Leslie P,

Thank you for writing such a detail review about the hotel, we are delighted to know that everyone enjoyed their stay with us.

Nathalia and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!

Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

We had an 8 hour layover in MIA from 10AM to 6PM, so looked for a "day stay" contacting hotels very close to the airport. The idea was to minimize getting to a place to swim at the pool and relax. Day stays are not usually offered on the web sites and so you need to contact hotels directly as I am guessing they offer it based on space (since cleaning crews usually finish up regular hours a day stay seems to block two days -this is another guess). Two responded the Sheraton and the RI. While the Sheraton also seemed a nice option we went with RI for about 15$ more to get the one bedroom suite (so I could sleep while the kids played) and were quite happy. They were very accommodating and asked since we would miss the breakfast time if we would like them to keep some of the breakfast for when we arrived, which we gratefully accepted. The service was very pleasant and everyone friendly, which is nice for a traveling family. Another positive is that the shuttle bus is for the CY and the Marriott and so runs every 15 minutes. The only minor negative was that the pool is next to the Marriott --a 2 minute walk but not right next to the building.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Pasqualinho,

Thank you for writing such a detail review. We are delighted that you chose our hotel and enjoyed all the facilities that we have to offer.

We look forward to seeing you back soon,

Kind regards,
Alexandra Caceres
Powell, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

Good location, great staff, especially the front desk. Great breakfast. Great value for your money. No need for executive apartment if u plan long term stay. Try the Cuban restaurants around. Residence Inn never disappoints me.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Boscini,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your next graduation!

Alexandra Caceres
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed last week for 2 nights top high floor, beautiful view of the city... A few things I recommend: currently they are three properties on site from the Marriott with two restaurants on site- it would be nice if they can have a menu on each room vs a single copy at the front desk. Also please provide a map or explain to your guest the room order, my room was #3608 on the 6th FLOOR!! No one bother to let us know our room was on the last floor and here I was w/all my lodge going crazy looking for our rm on the 3rd floor. They should handout a map to guest,specially when their are all mixed up! Other then that it was a good stay, breakfast was good. The room it self (bed was awesome) was great. Which they did charge so high for the parking, but it has security so I guess is ok! Enjoy your stay!!

• Stayed June 2014
awelc147, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Babycom,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us. I am delighted that you found our beds to be awesome!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.