“nice place to land before or after trip....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Miami Airport

Residence Inn Miami Airport
Ranked #20 of 120 Hotels in Miami
san diego
“nice place to land before or after trip....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

which we chose to do from the TA reviews, wanted simple, easy, clean and close to the airport, all of which were fulfilled at this property. Staff, young, very helpful, eager to please and willing to give us tips on where to go for dinner etc. etc. Rooms are basic formula but done with some thought, i.e. colors were nice and complimended bedding, some artwork on the walls and bath clean , towells nice. Windows open which was a pleasure, like to get some "air" into the room when we walk in and get the medicinal smell out! Also had the best overhead reading lights ever..Rooms are suites, again we never use the suite area, but it was clean and we did put some wine in the fridge to have later. Breakfast was done nicely, oatmeal good for formula breakfasts, as was the coffee...sitting area was clean, and one could take things outside which was nice. Airport transportation was efficient and well planned. Minor negative was that the furniture in our room was already showing wear, chair arms worn etc. All in all a good choice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kokosandiego

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Rarely have I met such nice and friendly desk staff as I dealt with at this Residence Inn. They made us feel very welcome and deserve to be commended for how they treat customers. As for the room, it was very spacious and offered a lot for the money--a kitchen, fast internet and a nice sitting area. Bed was reasonably soft but very few hotels (in my opinion) provide soft enough beds--but this one was pretty close. Breakfast was better than I expected. Although VERY crowded the quality was good--particularly the scrambled eggs (which are usually horrible on most hotel buffets). Not exactly cheap but a nice value.

Room Tip: Exercise room is small but equipment is in good shape--mostly treadmills and elliptical machines
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank planktonrules
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

I normally don't write reviews because I have two young kids and really don't have time. However I felt the need to write something about this hotel as it provided such a great hotel for me and my family. We booked the two bedroom suite for 1 night before our cruise. I had originally booked another hotel after the cruise but cancelled it after staying here the one night. First off, as soon as we walked in to this hotel, we were greeted with happy and friendly smiles from the staff Laura S, Nathalia and another girl, which I can't remember her name. I swear, I felt like I was walking into a relatives house where everyone was excited to see us!
The lobby, hotel room was clean and very modern. I loved the fact that the two bedroom suite has a washroom in each bedroom. It helped speed things up in the mornings when all 5 of us had to get ready. The kitchen comes fully equip with a fridge, microwave, sink, dishes and cups. They even provide you with a small liquid detergent to so your dishes or a packet to use the dishwasher! Downstairs on the main floor they have laundry machine and dryers for $2 per use. The free breakfast that is included in your fee is great! We were able to feed the kids breakfast (eggs, sausage, waffles, cereals, toasts etc) before we headed out! Coffee isn't bad either. If you're picky, there's a Starbucks next door too. Parking is $17 a day but the in/out access is easy to do with a swipe of your room key. Also, free internet!!!! This hotel is right by the airport with a free shuttle to the hotel and about 15-20 mins to the port of Miami and 15 mins to south beach. Overall an amazing value for the price!
The only sad part about this stay is that I didn't get to say good bye to the beautiful Laura S before I left.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Mmark8
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I was very impressed by this Residence Inn. Possibly the nicest one we've stayed in. We rented one room and a suite. They were both perfect for our family of six. They have this new " pure air" system which I think is like an air purifying system in each room. They also have a sign stating the mattresses and pillows are encased in allergen free cases. I think this is great for those who have a problem with allergies. I seem to wake up a lot in hotel rooms with a headache and did not here. The customer service was excellent. Upon check in there were about three people ahead of us when we were checking in and there was one attendant at the desk. She promptly lifted her head and said " welcome to the Marriott I will right with you, thank you for your patience". I thought this was not only appropriate, I found it to be excellent customer service skills. This morning upon checking out we had prompt service. I would highly recommend this hotel and stay here again!

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Christine K
Hubert, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Having worked in the customer service field for over 20 years now, I have found that todays version of customer service is not very customer oriented. However, Nathalia, Richard and a few others made my entire group feel nothing short of welcomed at the Residence Inn on NW 42nd Ave in Miami!!! Richard was my first face to face experience with this hotel and he was more than pleasant, cheerful & super helpful. Nathalia - she is a class act! She went above & beyond the call of duty from personal recommendations in the area to directions to helping me locate a package I had sent prior to our arrival. The morning after our arrival I was able to meet Nathalia in person and she is as personable face to face as she is on the phone. She received a huge hug from me because she was so helpful in every situation my group of 12 people threw at her. I highly recommend this hotel or any of the Marriott campus hotels right in that parking lot for award winning customer service, hospitality and updated and clean hotel service. If I ever get back down to Miami, this is the first hotel I will choose. Thank you staff at Residence Inn on NW 42nd Ave for making me & my group feel at home!!

Tina Gillis

Room Tip: We stayed 3 different nights on 3 different floors and had absolutely no noise or issues at all. Th...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank 1TinaG2014
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed one night before a cruise. Enjoyed the room as we had a good sized clean suite, with a good breakfast included. Shuttle from the airport (included) worked well. Taxi to the cruise port was approx $25.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Rick A
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

The staff was delightful. We took the shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Very easy. The staff is really wonderful and very sweet. The room was very nice. I loved that they had extra blankets in the closet. The room was very clean. The accommodations were very good and I really liked them.
The only drawback was that I could not make the wifi work on my iPad. The Internet desk tried helping to no avail., so as many companies are switching from computers to iPads. I would make sure I stayed in a room with good wifi if I only had an iPad.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family