“Good stay, good location, nice hotel”

Residence Inn Miami Airport
Ranked #25 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Northwich, United Kingdom
“Good stay, good location, nice hotel”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in late may with my girlfriend and her parents, so we booked the two bedroom suite. Room was great, clean and with quiet a/c (don't often get that in Fla.). Although near to the airport the rooms are very well sound insulated and you couldn't hear the planes until you went outside.

Swannet on reception was very good at her job and a credit to Marriott.

We wanted to stay near the airport so that we had an easier start for our early flight, but ventured out to South Beach (10 mins), Fort Lauderdale (30 mins) and Coral Gables (5 mins).

Have been to Miami dozens of times over the last 15 years and each time I have a great time. This time however, it was quite clear that some parts of Miami are not what they once were. South Beach in particular really shocked me as previous stays here have been fantastic. It was a mess, rubbish everywhere, loads of police, and a real undertone of trouble. Really shocking to see. Decided to go someplace else.

Hotel is great though and if you are staying in the area, stay here, you won't be disappointed.

(Don't bother visiting South Beach though)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dolphinjames
Shalaka McFarla... M, Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn Miami Airport.

Zuanet is one of our super stars at the desk and we are glad to know she made your stay comfortable.
South Beach does get a bit busy over the Memorial weekend. If you are ever in the area again, please stop by the desk and we can recommend some other options.

We look forward to your return.

Best Regards,
Residence Inn Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
UK
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Big rooms, free breakfast, friendly staff and recently returned (I assume). Could not hear the planes until I went outside. Would gladly stay again if in the area. Think you have access to gym in courtyard next door too.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Miami Airport.

We strive for each of our guests to have a pleasant experience with us.
We are elated to know that you enjoyed the friendliness of our staff, spacious rooms and complimentary breakfast.

Please do not hessitate to contact us should you be in the Miami area and require reservations.

Fort Pierce, Florida
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The room was GREAT! We would have preferred to stay on the first floor, by an exit door, because we have a dog. But, the room would not be ready until 5:00. That was disappointing. So, we were given a room on the 2nd floor. The room was terrific! It was very clean and spacious. There were plenty of dog walk areas around the hotel which was very nice. The complex contained 3 different Marriot hotels that shared one pool. We also took advantage of the Order To Go menu.....we placed an order at one of the complex rest. and we picked it up 20 min. later. The food was tasty and it was nice not to have to get back in the car to go out for dinner. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the 2 bedroom/2 bath suite. They offer plenty of room if traveling with pets and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Good Day,

Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Miami Airport.

We are elated to know you enjoyed your stay with us; especially the convenience of being a pet friendly hotel and the spacious suites.

We look forward to your next trip to the Miami area.
Please do not hessitate to contact us should you rquire future reservations.

Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed April 30, 2013

After researching seemingly a zillion hotels for a girls weekend in Miami, we decided to book here. The hotel offered a 2 bedroom suite and it seemed the best value we could get for a decent hotel near South Beach. This hotel is in a "group" of Marriott properties located on one campus where you had to drive through a "gate" to get onto. The grounds were pretty clean and the parking lot seemed safe although I didn't walk the entire property. We rented a car and each time we left and came back there was always a space available. Was pleasantly surprised when I entered the suite; to me, the outside doesn't match the inside of the hotel. The lobby was nicely decorated and very modern. Our room was clean and very cutely decorated. There was a kitchen and a living room with a flatscreen tv that separated our bedrooms. Didn't make use of the kitchen since we ate out the entire time but it's fully stocked and functional if you're looking for that. I had the king bed and it was extremely comfortable. Bathroom was clean with the shower having nice water pressure, and the room had a nice sized closet with a view of the parking lot, adjacent neighborhood and the airport. We stayed in room 5320 and I swear we saw one person on the floor our entire stay; it was extremely quiet although we did spend the majority of our trip in South Beach. Maid service was good, after we came back from the beach on the second day our room had been turned over nicely. On to the not so great things. The breakfast buffet. First let me say that coming from a family that likes to cook and eat out, I'm kind of a food snob so its hard to impress me when it comes to food. That being said I think the average person would enjoy the breakfast. There's eggs, sausage patties, potatoes, biscuits & gravy, assorted bagels & bread, oatmeal, cereals and a waffle maker. If you want to get full you definitely can. I didn't think the breakfast was the best but it was enough to keep me satisfied until lunch on the two days I ate it. Next, airport noise. You WILL hear planes landing due to being by the airport however, it truly wasn't so bad to the point where you can't get any rest. The fee of $14 per day to park was pretty wack also. It wasn't like we were parked in a garage or anything, but what can you do. This was a pretty nice hotel and I would definitely stay here again, hopefully for a cheaper price though.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank RaveyBaby
Shalaka McFarla... M, Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for staying with us for you recent Miami trip.

We always enjoy getting feedback from our guests for improvement.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us; expecially the comfort of the beds and hospitable staff.

The breakfast served is standard throughout Residence Inns. We do recommend you try our evening socials on your next trip as we serve an array of food; barbeque nights, Italian Nights and Comfort Foods are just some for mention.

We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Miami.

Best Regards from the Residence Inn family.
York Beach, Maine
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My wife and I were heading to So america on vacation and decided to break up the trip with a stopover in Miami.The residence inn was very nice.The room was comfortable and spatious.The separate bedroom is always a plus.Even though the inn is next to the airport we didn't notice planes taking off and landing.The breakfast and dinner were quite good.One night there was meatloaf dinner that was great.There is a shared pool as there are three Marriott properties next to each other.This was not a problem as the pool was close.I would definitely stay here again.The only problem I have with the residence inns is the couches are usually uncomfortable.This seems to be consistent with all couches that are convertables.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mainelytravel
Good Day,

Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Miami Airport.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us; especially the comfort of our rooms and the food offered for breakfast and evening socials.

We regreat to hear that the sofabeds were not comfortable. In order to ensure this does not happen to our future guest; a check will be done of all sofabeds in the hotel.

Please do not hessitate to contact me should you require future reservations for your Miami stay.

The Residence Inn Staff
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport the night before our cruise. When booking it, the cost of this hotel is comparable to the Marriott next door. But we booked this one since it has one bed room suit and includes breakfast. When we take the shuttle and pass by the Marriott, the lobby looks amazing!
When we arrived at the residence inn, the lobby is meh. Then we were told that because we are silver member, they gave us an upgrade. Great, I though. But when we arrived at the room, we were actually be downgraded to a King studio from King one bedroom suit! Well, since it is just one night and it's late, we didn't do anything about it.
Next time I will book the Marriott next door.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Shalaka McFarla... M, Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Miami Airport.

I apologize that your stay seemed short of what was expected; expecially for an elite member.
If you would be son kind as to email me the details of your reservation so I could look into the reason behind your room change,

I assure you this is not a Marriott practice and would love to have the opportunity to host you in the future.

The Residence Inn Miami Airport
Pittsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Please read my profile for my biases.

My wife and I stayed here for one night on our way home from a trip abroad. As I was using Marriott points for the stay, I had many options, but I wanted something close to the airport (i.e. with a free shuttle). There are three Marriott properties grouped into their "Airport Campus": a Marriott, a Courtyard and this one.

I chose the Residence Inn for a number of reasons. First, the suites are usually nicer than the rooms at a Courtyard. Second, free breakfast. Third, and I'll never quite understand this, the concierge lounges at many hotels are closed on weekends. so there was no real reason to stay at the Marriott. While I've never stayed there, it looked a little tired from the outside, whereas the Residence Inn looked much newer.

I wasn't disappointed.

We were give a "Pur" room, a hypoallergenic room with an air filter unit. I didn't notice much of a difference as newer Residence Inn rooms tend to be extremely clean, but it was a nice touch. Breakfast was decent as well, with more hot food than you might expect and enough fruit to keep me happy.

It is located in the "Little Havana" section of Miami, so there are numerous good Latin restaurants nearby.

Overall, I would stay here again given the same circumstances, but if it were mid-week I'd check out the Marriott just for comparison.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sortova
Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Miami Airport.

Although you only spent one night we us, we are delighted to know that you enjoyed the amenities. From the large suites, to the breakfast variety and Pure room upgrade.

We also welcome you to stay for an extended time.

We look forward to your visit in the future.

Best Regards,