“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 123 Hotels in Miami
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

After researching seemingly a zillion hotels for a girls weekend in Miami, we decided to book here. The hotel offered a 2 bedroom suite and it seemed the best value we could get for a decent hotel near South Beach. This hotel is in a "group" of Marriott properties located on one campus where you had to drive through a "gate" to get onto. The grounds were pretty clean and the parking lot seemed safe although I didn't walk the entire property. We rented a car and each time we left and came back there was always a space available. Was pleasantly surprised when I entered the suite; to me, the outside doesn't match the inside of the hotel. The lobby was nicely decorated and very modern. Our room was clean and very cutely decorated. There was a kitchen and a living room with a flatscreen tv that separated our bedrooms. Didn't make use of the kitchen since we ate out the entire time but it's fully stocked and functional if you're looking for that. I had the king bed and it was extremely comfortable. Bathroom was clean with the shower having nice water pressure, and the room had a nice sized closet with a view of the parking lot, adjacent neighborhood and the airport. We stayed in room 5320 and I swear we saw one person on the floor our entire stay; it was extremely quiet although we did spend the majority of our trip in South Beach. Maid service was good, after we came back from the beach on the second day our room had been turned over nicely. On to the not so great things. The breakfast buffet. First let me say that coming from a family that likes to cook and eat out, I'm kind of a food snob so its hard to impress me when it comes to food. That being said I think the average person would enjoy the breakfast. There's eggs, sausage patties, potatoes, biscuits & gravy, assorted bagels & bread, oatmeal, cereals and a waffle maker. If you want to get full you definitely can. I didn't think the breakfast was the best but it was enough to keep me satisfied until lunch on the two days I ate it. Next, airport noise. You WILL hear planes landing due to being by the airport however, it truly wasn't so bad to the point where you can't get any rest. The fee of $14 per day to park was pretty wack also. It wasn't like we were parked in a garage or anything, but what can you do. This was a pretty nice hotel and I would definitely stay here again, hopefully for a cheaper price though.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank RaveyBaby
Shalaka McFarla... M, Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for staying with us for you recent Miami trip.

We always enjoy getting feedback from our guests for improvement.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us; expecially the comfort of the beds and hospitable staff.

The breakfast served is standard throughout Residence Inns. We do recommend you try our evening socials on your next trip as we serve an array of food; barbeque nights, Italian Nights and Comfort Foods are just some for mention.

We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Miami.

Best Regards from the Residence Inn family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
York Beach, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

My wife and I were heading to So america on vacation and decided to break up the trip with a stopover in Miami.The residence inn was very nice.The room was comfortable and spatious.The separate bedroom is always a plus.Even though the inn is next to the airport we didn't notice planes taking off and landing.The breakfast and dinner were quite good.One night there was meatloaf dinner that was great.There is a shared pool as there are three Marriott properties next to each other.This was not a problem as the pool was close.I would definitely stay here again.The only problem I have with the residence inns is the couches are usually uncomfortable.This seems to be consistent with all couches that are convertables.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mainelytravel
Good Day,

Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Miami Airport.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us; especially the comfort of our rooms and the food offered for breakfast and evening socials.

We regreat to hear that the sofabeds were not comfortable. In order to ensure this does not happen to our future guest; a check will be done of all sofabeds in the hotel.

Please do not hessitate to contact me should you require future reservations for your Miami stay.

The Residence Inn Staff
Rockville, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Airport the night before our cruise. When booking it, the cost of this hotel is comparable to the Marriott next door. But we booked this one since it has one bed room suit and includes breakfast. When we take the shuttle and pass by the Marriott, the lobby looks amazing!
When we arrived at the residence inn, the lobby is meh. Then we were told that because we are silver member, they gave us an upgrade. Great, I though. But when we arrived at the room, we were actually be downgraded to a King studio from King one bedroom suit! Well, since it is just one night and it's late, we didn't do anything about it.
Next time I will book the Marriott next door.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Shalaka McFarla... M, Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Miami Airport.

I apologize that your stay seemed short of what was expected; expecially for an elite member.
If you would be son kind as to email me the details of your reservation so I could look into the reason behind your room change,

I assure you this is not a Marriott practice and would love to have the opportunity to host you in the future.

The Residence Inn Miami Airport
Pittsboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Please read my profile for my biases.

My wife and I stayed here for one night on our way home from a trip abroad. As I was using Marriott points for the stay, I had many options, but I wanted something close to the airport (i.e. with a free shuttle). There are three Marriott properties grouped into their "Airport Campus": a Marriott, a Courtyard and this one.

I chose the Residence Inn for a number of reasons. First, the suites are usually nicer than the rooms at a Courtyard. Second, free breakfast. Third, and I'll never quite understand this, the concierge lounges at many hotels are closed on weekends. so there was no real reason to stay at the Marriott. While I've never stayed there, it looked a little tired from the outside, whereas the Residence Inn looked much newer.

I wasn't disappointed.

We were give a "Pur" room, a hypoallergenic room with an air filter unit. I didn't notice much of a difference as newer Residence Inn rooms tend to be extremely clean, but it was a nice touch. Breakfast was decent as well, with more hot food than you might expect and enough fruit to keep me happy.

It is located in the "Little Havana" section of Miami, so there are numerous good Latin restaurants nearby.

Overall, I would stay here again given the same circumstances, but if it were mid-week I'd check out the Marriott just for comparison.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sortova
Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Miami Airport.

Although you only spent one night we us, we are delighted to know that you enjoyed the amenities. From the large suites, to the breakfast variety and Pure room upgrade.

We also welcome you to stay for an extended time.

We look forward to your visit in the future.

Best Regards,
Residence Inn Staff
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights during the Sony Open Tennis tournament in late March. This is our 8th trip to the tournament and have now stayed at 7 different hotels while attending the tournament. We have usually been happy with the accomodations in Miami but usually been less than thrilled with service levels at Miami hotels.

Our overall experience at this hotel was very good with the rooms being very spacious and comfortable. Our contact with hotel staff was limited but the front desk was very thorough at check-in. Breakfast was good but seating was a little tight and the food area was a bit cramped as well.

The location of the hotel was surprisingly good for the tournament as we were able to navigate to Key Biscayne with relative ease. There are places to eat near by and a Publix Supermarket is not very far away. Better choices for food are available with a short drive to Coral Gables.

If you like the Residence Inn concept and we do, you will find this one better than most. The location is better than expected and secured parking at a resonable cost is probably not a bad option in Miami. We are already making plans to return in 2014.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Miami Airport.
We are elated that we were able to bring a positive experience to your time in Miami and are looking forward t your return next year.

We strive for our guests to enjoy their stays and amenities such as the spacious suites, security and breakfast variety.

Should you need assistance with reservations for your future stay, please do not hessitate to contact me.

We look forward to 2014.
Best Regards,
Harrogate, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was ideal for a first night stay having flown in from the UK and arriving early evening. After having to wait well over an hour in line to clear The US immigration and customs I walked out of the arrivals door to see the Marriott hotel bus. Transfer was quick and easy to the complex of three Marriott hotels near to the airport.
I was given a nice welcome to the Residence Inn by a very friendly and helpful lady on reception who gave me an upgrade to a Pure room which had a comfortable bed, shower and small kitchen area. I did not notice too much aircraft noise when in the room.
An evening meal was enjoyed in the sports bar in one the other Marriott hotels in this complex, the Residence provided a very adequate complimentary buffet breakfast in the downstairs lounge.
I was impressed by the hotel and would use it again for a stay before or after a flight, however as there is nothing much to do in the area I would not consider staying for more than one night .

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Nooosey10
Shalaka McFarla... M, Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Miami Airport.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the features of our hotel suach as; the complimentary shuttle service and daily breakfast and the upgrade to the hypo-allergenic PURE room.

If you are in the Miami area for a future visit, please do not hessitate to contact us.

The Staff at the Residence Inn Miami Airport
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed here three nights before our cruise. It was very clean and was part of the Marriott complex of four hotels. It included breakfast in the morning. The staff was very friendly and our rooms were cleaned daily by 9am. There is not a lot to do so plan on needing a car. The restaurant on site could use a kids menu. It was not kid friendly at all in terms of food. The bed in the master bedroom squeaked and it made it hard to sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Miami Airport Marriott.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the prompt housekeeping service and the friendliness of our staff.

I would like to have the bed checked in the room which you stayed. If possible, please email me your room information to shalaka.mcfarlane@marriott.com. That way, we can ensure that future guests do not encounter the same issues.

I look forward to your response.

The Residence Inn Staff