“Simply the Best!!”

Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Little Havana
“Simply the Best!!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I saw this restaurant on television months before my visit from Georgia & was determined to try it. My friend & I were clearly pleased with EVERYTHING!! I tried the calamari, fried shrimp & this oh so delicious rice with fish combined. I don't recall the dish he ordered but boy did he 'kill it'...lol... He resides in Miami & passes this location often but never thought to stop by; he's been there twice since my visit 2 weeks ago. I look forward to my next visit!!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Danyielle

• Polish first
Cool, CA
“If you found Little Havana underwhelming, eat lunch here. Hunt for it -- it's worth it!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

If you found Little Havana underwhelming, eat lunch here. We went here on a recommendation from Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. It was not a place that we would ever have found without the DDD alert. The place was jumping. It is a small diner set into a nondescript strip mall. You can eat at the counter or be seated at a table. The ambient noise level is very high, raised by animated conversations and meal preparation. For such a small restaurant, it is fully staffed with 10 to 12 servers and prep personnel. The menu is somewhat limited but what you can choose from is first rate. The chef recommended shrimp sandwich has six to eight lightly breaded, plump shrimp nestled on a soft scrumptious bun (with lettuce tomato and special sauce). The red snapper sandwich was also delightfully prepared, it was moist and delicious. The special of the day was a pan-seared sea bass sandwich that was top notch. The conch fritters were a serious hit with many of the locals (although locals dominate the patron demographics, tourists are made to feel welcomed and valued). This is a real find for people who may have been disappointed with Little Havana as a “Thing to Do”. It is worth the search -- the food is outstanding.

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank BruinSeniorTraveler
San Antonio, Texas
“Best I've ever had”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I saw this place on tv, so while visiting Miami I had to try it. The shrimp is the best I've had, and the snapper sandwich is incredible. The guys working were super friendly, and they have a neat history behind the place.

• Visited June 2012
Doral, Florida
“Best Shrimp Sandwiches!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This place is an institution. I am a local and lived just around the corner from this place more than 20 years ago and never knew it was there! Recently a co-worker suggested it and a group of us went there. Everyone was raving about their choice. So from the Camaronera Shrimp Sandwich, Lobster Sandwich, Seafood Enchiladas to their signature Minuta (Snapper) Sandwiches they were all excellent. Make sure to add their house sauce. If your in Miami dont miss this place. Since it was featured on The Food Network its always full of tourists. Their sandwiches are like $6 but you will need 2 if your hungry.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Gladys H
Brooklyn, New York
“Go for the Fried shrimps and famous fish sandwich!!!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We started with the fried shrimps which were super tasty.

Famous fish sandwich was also very good and I ordered he grilled fish filet which was good but I had to send it back because it wasn't cooked enough for me.

I would stick to the famous fish sandwich. Cheap and yummy!

Service was very friendly, too!

• Visited April 2013