“Great hospitality and service above & beyond the call”

La Camaronera Fish Market
Ranked #76 of 4,326 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Little Havana
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We arrived at closing time. I guess it helped that my wife speaks Spanish, as she bonded with the owner -- who kept the place open for a full 20 minutes beyond their usual shuttering of the doors....

So delicious, everything was extremely fresh and satisfying. The owner brought out samples of some of their signature dishes, which of course was completely unexpected.

This is a must-stop on anyone's visit to the Miami area!

1  Thank Matt C

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We had first seen this restaurant on Diners Drive-ins and made note for our next trip south. We checked on trip advisor and read the excellent reviews so we decided to make the trip. So glad we did! Though some reviews said parking could be difficult we had no problem at all. We did arrive a little later than the normal lunch hour. We were able to get a table though the restaurant was quite full. We were trying to decide on our order when the waiter came over. I told him that it was our first visit and he immediately told us we had to try three entrees, the snapper sandwich, the fried shrimp and the burrito. He sure steered us right. All of the fish was so fresh and moist, the fried shrimp is a must, the best I have ever had. The burrito is something that they seem very proud of with good reason. Definitely will return and highly recommend.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I agree with all the previous reviews that rave about the food here. Service was very fast and helpful and although cheaply fitted out seemed clean. Fresh well prepared fish and shellfish and very cheap. I went just before noon and all tables were empty at first but soon filled up. Parking not difficult .

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We found this place during a google search for seafood in Miami. This place was truly a diamond in the rough. Fast service. Amazing food. Conch fritters to die for! We went twice to have lunch in the 3 days we were in Miami!!!

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Ive been coming since I was a kid (over 40 years ago). The shrimp, fish sandwitch, etc are all delicious! You just need to know the process for ordering.
Make sure to try the minuta.
(I moved away -career- 15 years ago but always return home to visit family and eat ... This is top on my list for value and great seafood).