“Don't miss this stop” 5 of 5 stars

La Camaronera Fish Market
Ranked #70 of 4,008 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Seafood, Caribbean, Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Little Havana
Yonkers, New York
“Don't miss this stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We had first seen this restaurant on Diners Drive-ins and made note for our next trip south. We checked on trip advisor and read the excellent reviews so we decided to make the trip. So glad we did! Though some reviews said parking could be difficult we had no problem at all. We did arrive a little later than the normal lunch hour. We were able to get a table though the restaurant was quite full. We were trying to decide on our order when the waiter came over. I told him that it was our first visit and he immediately told us we had to try three entrees, the snapper sandwich, the fried shrimp and the burrito. He sure steered us right. All of the fish was so fresh and moist, the fried shrimp is a must, the best I have ever had. The burrito is something that they seem very proud of with good reason. Definitely will return and highly recommend.

• Visited February 2013

• Polish first
north
“All glowing reviews correct”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I agree with all the previous reviews that rave about the food here. Service was very fast and helpful and although cheaply fitted out seemed clean. Fresh well prepared fish and shellfish and very cheap. I went just before noon and all tables were empty at first but soon filled up. Parking not difficult .

Milton, West Virginia
“Yummy!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We found this place during a google search for seafood in Miami. This place was truly a diamond in the rough. Fast service. Amazing food. Conch fritters to die for! We went twice to have lunch in the 3 days we were in Miami!!!

• Visited December 2012
“You can't go wrong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Ive been coming since I was a kid (over 40 years ago). The shrimp, fish sandwitch, etc are all delicious! You just need to know the process for ordering.
Make sure to try the minuta.
(I moved away -career- 15 years ago but always return home to visit family and eat ... This is top on my list for value and great seafood).

Boone, North Carolina
“Great place, no bull”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've read the reviews - 'best shrimp I've ever had', etc. I don't know about all that, but if you're a blue collar guy like me and have no use for the over-priced fru fru (or chain restaurant garbage) that they're serving in Miami Beach, I definitely recommend coming here. The pan con minuta is fantastic. Sure the neighborhood is a little rough, but it kind of reminded me of Youngstown with a different language. Also, I thought the service was excellent.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank higloid

Been to La Camaronera Fish Market? Share your experiences!