WINNER WONDERLAND

La Camaronera Fish Market
Ranked #93 of 4,048 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Seafood, Cuban, Caribbean
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Little Havana
Lantana, Florida
“Snapper sandwich”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Little Havana, situated in an uninteresting strip mall is the best snapper sandwich I ever had. The interior of the place is far less intimidating than its surroundings. We also had the fried shrimp and the calamari served with tons of cut up limes. Everything was fresh. I think they would try to prepare the fish anyway you wanted, but I don't speak Spanish. Bring cash, no credit cards.

Visited January 2013

• Polish first
Brasilia, DF
“Wonderful fish joint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

We ended up in La Camaronera, in Little Havana, after the recommendation of a friend. What a great surprise! First of all, forget speaking English there - everyone is latin, including the owner, a smiley Cuban gentlemen who came to all the tables greeting the guests. Food was superb - we had grilled shrimp and stone crabs, which tasted perfectly and cost a fraction of the price of Joe's Famous Stone Crabs... La Camaronera is permanently in my list of best places to eat in Miami.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Danilo P
Regina, Canada
“Get your fried fish/seafood here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Saw this place on the food network one day, and it made me want to come here. Boy, am I glad that I drove out of my way to come here.

After having my breakfast in Naples, 2nd breakfast at Marco Island, elevensies at another restaurant in Miami, I did not think I had room for anything else. But, I was able to fit in a luncheon at La Camaronera, and it was work it. Even though it was only a 1/2 share of a fried conch fritter plate, I left feeling happy inside.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Miami, Florida
“Believe the hype about their fried shrimp!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Juicy and crispy all at the same time, the shrimp is worth to drive all the way down to Little Havana. Hard to find parking but worth to getting a ticket, I swear this place is that good. Don't miss it!

• Visited August 2012
Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan
“OMG”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Best shrimp I ever had! Parking was ok. The restaurant was very clean. Not a lot of seating space. The owner greets you at the entrance and helped around clearing tables. Food was VERY good and service was quick. Love it!!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to La Camaronera Fish Market? Share your experiences!