“There is a line for a reason” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Camaronera Fish Market

La Camaronera Fish Market
1952 W Flagler St, Little Havana, Miami, FL 33135 (Little Havana)
+1 305-642-3322
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #79 of 4,008 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Seafood, Caribbean, Cuban
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Little Havana
Brooklyn, New York
“There is a line for a reason”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This place is ridiculously good...I must admit, at first I was leery, but after I took a bite of my fried shrimp I was SOLD! My taste buds were doing the happy dance in mouth! The batter they used for the shrimp couldn’t be compared to anything I’ve ever tasted before. I am not one to eat fried food BUT this is a winner in my book. The snapper sandwich is also very good, I suggest you try it :)
Be prepared to mingle amongst your counter neighbors since this place is small and there is no seating available (yet…seems like they are expanding). The environment is very friendly and upbeat

TIP: Parking is a pain in the butt, you might have to circle around a few times to get a spot. Don't let this discourage you since it is totally worth it.
Also, this place only takes cash. I did see that they had an ATM machine inside in case you need it.

• Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Dining Room coming soon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Hey, what a lot of fun.

Had the snapper sandwich which was huge for $5.00. The fried shrimps were quite good as well, although together they left me with little room for the tostones.

The dining room expansion can't be far away, and my guess is they start serving beer and wine.

And although they don't sell hats and t-shirts, (they should), one of the managers hooked me up with one of their baseball caps for $20.

Don't expect too, too much, but this place was cool, either for friends, a date, or family.

• 4 of 5 stars
“Great fried sea food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

If you like fresh fried fish or shrip sandwich this is the place. Keep in mind you are going there for the food. Currently there is no sitting area and you must stand but they are finishing an expansion and my understanding is that there will be a sitting area soon. Try the whole fried fish...

1 Thank Alfizspm
herndon
“Great fresh seafood...stand up and eat stall..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My son and husband ate a snapper sandwich and a sweet and sour seafood plate with shrimp, fish and squid. They absolutely loved the food. It took us a few minutes to make eye contact with an english speaking waiter and he helped us through the menu. The sauces they had were to die for. The owner (or manager) checked on us twice and told us about their home made hot sauce. Not your normal sit-down average dine-in restaurant. My son could sit on the counter and eat his food though. Not very far from Miami international airport.

• Visited October 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great Food, Fantastic Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

After seeing this restaurant on the travel channel we decided to take the twenty minute taxi ride from Miami Beach to get some of the Cuban culture. There were only two of us and we order 5 dishes to sample as much as we could. Stand at the counter to eat. The meal was less than our taxi ride and the food was wonderful. If you go to Miami you should not miss this.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank cudati

Been to La Camaronera Fish Market? Share your experiences!