WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hotel Urbano

Hotel Urbano
Ranked #50 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Middletown, Delaware
“Customer service is comparable to the Hilton, if not better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

My fiance at the time and myself had our wedding planned on a cruise, and decided to spend an extra day in Miami before and after the cruise. Before the cruise, we were at the Hilton, and after the cruise we stayed at the Hotel Urbano. I was very hesitate about the hotel, since I had never heard of it before. But I will admit that the people on their staff, made my hesitation non existent. I had family that went on the cruise, but were leaving later on the same day. I had offered for them to come to my room and leave their luggage until it was time for them to leave. We arrived early that day, and my room was not ready, for check-in. I did not know what to do. I asked if my family could leave their luggage with ours until check-in, they had no problem with that and had the valet serviceman to help with their bags. They treated my family like royalty, and I had a cousin in a wheelchair, that they over and beyond to help. My father was so impressed, that when he goes back to Miami, there is no other option for a hotel, other than Hotel Urbano. My family were not guests, but they definitely treated them exceptionally well. I will never forget that, and we are so appreciative of their service. I would recommend this Hotel to everyone coming to Miami. We gave the time of departures for my family members, and they made sure that transportation was prompt for their departures. I can not say enough about the great service. Thank you so much, Hotel Urbano for making the end of wedding cruise celebration, simply perfect.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NSelby
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Congratulations on your recent marriage - we could not be more happy to hear that our staff and hotel made your experience a great one. And word of mouth is still and always the best way to promote - so we thank you for passing along your kind words to all your friends! Hopefully we'll see you back in Miami again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
shelton, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We decided to stay here for a couple of night before our cruise. The hotel was perfect. Gorgeous room and pool area. We had a balcony over looking the pool that was nice. Trolley was downstairs right across the street that brought to Bayside. Such a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Trolley was free and took us on a nice tour of the area. Bellman was awesome as well. Actually everyone was terrific. We had breakfast one morning and it was very good. I didn't think the prices were any higher than if you stayed at a different resort. We didn't have a car so the parking surcharge didn't bother us. We asked how to get a taxi and all they did was ask us when we wanted it and they called when it came. Perfect!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lfresa
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us - we're so glad to hear you had a good time! We hope your cruise was fabulous, and look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel was comfortable, clean and the furnishings were nice but it is definitely not accommodating for business people who need a proper desk to work from, the one provided was simply too small. Also, the desk chair is between the bed and the desk, you don't get much space to maneuver and you're constantly needing to push the chair out of the way so you can access that side of the room. I also disliked the double use of the sliding wardrobe/bathroom door, I was constantly sliding that thing back and forth when trying to get dressed in the morning, it was so stupid.

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was large but I was so disappointed to only have a shower and not a bath (I didn't make the booking). However, the hot water was NOT hot enough (and apparently this was worse on the 3rd floor) and she shower floor is a SLIPPING HAZARD. I almost slipped the first time when using it and my boss did slip in his one and hit his head against the door. The shower door arrangement is also really stupid because to turn on the tap you have to either be in the shower with the door shut to reach it (and thereby get briefly showered with cold water) or if you stand outside the shower you need to reach around the door to turn on the tap which requires long arms.

The breakfast was large and nice but we did not appreciate the almost $3 "service fee" for eating there (this was not even room service!). An OJ, coffee and bowl of oatmeal cost almost $20 once the tax and service fee were added on. Ridiculous. Unfortunately for us the hotel was not well located to anything without a car and even waiting for a cab took 15-20mins. So, going elsewhere for breakfast was not an option.

My fridge I had to turn off because it was too noisy and my boss and colleague complained that many of their TV channels didn't work properly. But, the wireless was good (and free). My wake-up call was also late one morning too.

I think this place makes a nice tourist hotel but I won't be staying here again because it was really impractical for my needs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Saffy2
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to review your stay with us - we appreciate your comments and feedback. We are sorry to hear you seemed to not have a great expereince - our business travelers typically love the accomodations, so we're sorry you did not feel the same. Please feel free to conact our General Manager, Joe Bru, directly with your concerns so we can address them before you visit us again joe.bru@hotelurbano.com . Thank you.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

When we went there we had been traveling the states for weeks and didn't know what to expect. This is a newly renovated hotel in a modern style. It's clean, quiet and the restaurant does great food at good prices.

The best part of it was the staff, they were so friendly and lovable and really made our stay a treat. Special mention to Jennifer in the bar and restaurant, Marcia on the front desk and Lairo at the front door. We'll miss them

It's not right in the centre of town but it's only a 10 minute taxi or 30minutes on the free trolley service across the road.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Billzy E
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thanks so very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us - we appreciate it! We love to hear when our staff does a great job - so thanks so much for mentioning Jennifer, Marcia and Jairo - I will pass along the kind words. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have to say that the staff at this hotel went above and beyond for our entire family. We were in town for a wedding and the majority of the grooms side of the family stayed here, while others stayed at a more "upscale" hotel. We had a blast. You all catered to our every whim. You allowed us to take over your lobby, bar and restaurant and have a most memorable time with our family. After the wedding, my dad bacame ill and we had to extend our stay and your staff showed such concern and were such a big help to my mom and I during this time. Again thank you to all of you at Hotel Urbano.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank travelonmimi
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to review our little hotel - it was an absolute pleasure hosting your entire family over the big wedding weekend! We hope that your father is feeling better - and we hope to see you back in Miami soon!
Ionia, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

My family I arrived in Miami during tropical storm Isaac, we were in a bind and needed a room at 10:30 am called the Urbano and told them we needed 2 rooms now if possible they said they had to available and the we could come now, The rooms were clean, nice weight room, beautiful pool area ( didn't get to use it because of Isaac) the staff was wonderful, even when we had to stay past check out time because our cruise was delayed do to Isaac. I would recommend the Urbano to anyone

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kendra-michigan
We're so glad to hear that we were able to accomodate you during TS Isaac - Hopefully your during your next visit to Hotel Urbano and Miami we will have nicer weather so you can fully enjoy the pool area! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review -
Port Aransas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

We were here for a family member's wedding.....staying 4 nights....Professional, thoughtful, attentive staff and excellent service. Yea, Michael! Rooms very clean, quiet,comfortable.
Pool area inviting, fitness room clean and well equipped.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Urbano33129, Director of Sales at Hotel Urbano, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you so very much for your review. We are so thankful and happy that your family decided to stay with us during such a special time! We hope that if you are ever in Miami again you will come back and stay with us - I will pass on your kind words to Michael!