“Uninspired thai”

Moonchine Asian Bistro
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I popped in here for a late lunch on a whim and ordered Tom Kha Gai and the red curry with chicken. The soup had zero spice...not a single hot pepper flake to be had. In fact, it was so remarkably sweet and creamy that I can't help but wonder if it came from a can. I didn't see any galangal root and that flavor seemed to be missing as well.

The same goes for the red curry...no zing, no zest, just food as function. Perhaps since I came in closer to 2pm it was the main chef's off hour, I'm not sure, but with so many other options, I don't see a reason to return.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Wonderful food and nice setting. The sunday brunch is very good and diverse. Look for happy hour specials on sushi rolls.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Moonchine is a delicious restaurant. They have a beautiful outdoor area that is the perfect place to eat, or just to hang out. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Moonchine is one of my favorites when I have a craving for sushi/Thai/Vietnamese. It is near work, so my office orders frequently. I can't say that I have ever had anything I did not like. If you can make it for happy hour, they do have good specials and creative cocktails. Service when ordering carry out or dining in is good, delivery is slower.

Over time the prices outside of happy hour have gone up while the quantity of food seems to have gone down, so I eat there less frequently than in the past. The design of the place is creative but could be cleaned up a bit - it is dark with a fishy smell.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Eat next door!! I didn't care for it much and would have a dogma hot dog any day over this place. Had some greasy duck, and the rest was below par, sorry not going back.