“Good Food in Oldest Bar in Miami” 4 of 5 stars

Owner description: Miami's Oldest Bar, Restaurant & Cabaret, est. 1912
Dania Beach, FL
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Good Food in Oldest Bar in Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

As many of you may know, Tobacco Road is the oldest bar in Miami. For visitors is a must (not every time you get to go to the oldest anything when visiting a city), and for locals is a laid back place for drinks, music, and food. Last time I was there I decided to try the food. People recommended the quesadilla and the burgers and that was exactly what we ordered. I have to say that both were delicious!! The burger patty was fresh and with great taste. The quesadilla was a ride to the taste buds. And I loved that Tobacco Road has reasonable prices aligned with the quality of their food.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank TrudieA

Varazdin, Croatia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Alterative place with great food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

We checked this restaurant last evening. Very cheap place in all aspectcs but nice to see. Food was delicious. We had lobster and stake and both were fine. No. automatic gratitude, but staff deserved the tip. We didnt stay long enough to hear the band... But I think you shouldn't miss this authentic place :)

Worldwide
324 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 694 helpful votes
“Lots of atmosphere, but no local microbrews.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Went here at lunch time to check the vibe and the offerings. Of course, it wasn't late night with an event going on - but rather a quiet, historic tavern with just the right atmosphere and service for that time of day.

Unfortunately, the beer selection didn't include microbrews, local or from anywhere else. So I had a Guinness draught, which I like as a backup. The disappointment in not featuring at least a couple of local microbrews certainly subtracts from the atmosphere. Maybe this is why Tobacco Road doesn't rate a mention on RateBeer.com? I hope the mgmt picks up on this apparent lost opportunity

Visited June 2012
1 Thank EarthlingOnline
Miami, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“The Friday bar for $1 drinks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

T-Road has been my go-to spot on Fridays since I moved to Miami over a year ago. It's packed inside and outside on Friday for happy hour...good music, good drinks, and even better drink prices for select beer & liquor (usually vodka or rum)! You can't go wrong here but make sure to go between 6-7:39pm for happy hour prices. If you're wondering about the time, it's 99 cents for 99 minutes for 99 years of business!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank alda8
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“My weekly Friday Happy Hour Fix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

The oldest bar in Miami. To say that I'm a regular is cutting it short. I consider myself an honorary ambassador of this place. My friends and I go at least, every Friday (unless it's raining) for their awesome legendary Happy Hour: 6:00pm-7:39pm Drinks are $1 $2 (well liquor, designated beer).
They have 3 full bars (2 outside, 1 inside), a good variety of beers (some in draft), good food and a DJ spinning hits. Some Fridays they have bands playing. The place is a big, open space were people can mingle with their own friends as well as with new people. Yes, you can go inside, where there's A/C... but I like being outside.
Some of the things I like about this place is that it's very laid back, and you don't have dress up (unless of course, you want to). You can go straight from the beach, from the office, or wherever.
LOVE THIS PLACE & I'll continue to go as long as I live in Miami :)

Visited May 2011