“Pricey but Wonderfully Delicious Vegan Restaurant”
Review of Plant Miami

Plant Miami
Reserve a Table
Tue, 6/25
8:00 PM
Ranked #195 of 5,015 Restaurants in Miami
Reviewed February 23, 2019

Apparently we did not read the hours of operation as we arrived 15 minutes before they opened so our niece dropped us off so she could find parking. She drove around for 15 minutes and could not find anything so we had to valet park. I'm not holding this against the restaurant but parking is horrible.

The restaurant itself is beautiful--very clean, trendy and stylish. There was 4 of us and we decided to try 4 different dishes to share since this was our first time and couldn't decided what to get on our own. We decided on a burger, "Crab" cakes, lettuce wraps and "meat" lovers pizza. Everything was delicious, but were I to order again on my own, I would get either the burger or the "Crab" cakes. For dessert we had a pie that tasted like banana pudding, which was delicious although the crust was hard as a rock--good thing I brought my machete. LOL.

There were only 2 negatives that we experienced--the price of the food ($230 for 4 people) and the service was SSSSLLLLOOOWWWW!!!; however, the positives outrank the negatives and do not affect the 5-star rating. We certainly plan on visiting Plant Miami again on our next trip to Miami.

Reviewed February 15, 2019 via mobile

If you haven’t experienced plant based/vegan dining at its true freshest, this is the place to start and end! All ingredients are organic, no GF anything, and all the flavors are from fresh ingredient combining, like alchemists! The setting is so clean, like the food...you can see thru to the kitchen and the staff who are busy assembling and putting their magic to the food. We went on Valentine’s Day (with reservations) and every woman in the restaurant received a gift (a little bag with a heart shaped rose or amethyst quartz and a beautiful little saying inside)...what a special surprise! See my photos. I had the Banana leaf tamales (served slightly warm and amazing), my husband had the special: fillets of lions mane, also served slightly warm. We shared tastes of our starters: beet tostadas and Som Tom salad. Everything was a WOW! Even our vodka gimlets were amazing! Only disappointment, we had no room left for dessert! Our server was outstanding. I asked if I could take a photo of the kitchen from across the bar and was invited into the kitchen by the chefs who then asked his staff to surround me for a photo opt! If I was in Heaven before this, I had now been “beamed up to beyond”! Everyone is happy to be there, staff and diners. We had a light sprinkle and they moved us all inside! No attitudes here, just a surrounding of pure joy.

1  Thank lbruna
Reviewed February 4, 2019

I recently stated juicing and wanted to have some actual food so I dragged my carnivore husband with me to try out Plant. We loved the ambiance. There was a lady playing the flute and a DJ and some Bob Marley in the background. Definitely a 5 for ambiance. We ordered two sacred cocktails which were fine, the beet tostada for starters which I enjoyed but my husband couldnt finish. They were a bit bland but again if you are a carnivore it may be too much for you to handle. We also ordered the benedict royale and the cacio di funghi. The meals are all room temp which I didnt mind but my husbnad not so much. The food was good. Then we had the chocolate tart which I really enjoyed. Our bill came out to $123 so not a cheap eat, but I didnt mind paying for trying it out. Probably wont be back unless special vegan friends come to town etc.

1  Thank Diane A
Reviewed February 2, 2019

Everything is sooo good! I have also visited Plant in Venice beach, and I love their food. Very original, tasty.. a bit pricey though but worth it.
Parking is mandatory for 7$, and was just disappointed to be charge 6$ for extra crackers with the cheese plate, while there was not enough at first
Try the dumpling, they are amazing!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 10, 2019

Listen y'all. This place is good. I'm vegan but my husband isn't. He took me here because he could see how frustrating I found it to have to always carefully order my food only to have it arrive with cheese or butter, etc. Can I just tell you that it's awesome to go to a restaurant as a vegan and be able to order any menu item? Moving onl Everything is made fresh here and most items are raw. But don't let that fool you - there are some delicious choices on the menu. Trust me.

We ordered 2 apps, 2 mains and 2 drinks just so we could sample a lot of things. The dumplings on the appetizer menu are simply delicious. The tamale disk was just ok, not amazing. I think it was the wrapper that we didn't love (it's not a flour tortilla). The carnivore thought so too! Also, the cacio de funghi (or something like that) was dee-licious. This was our favorite dish of the evening. The flavors were so good. He got the Old Fashioned drink and I've seriously never had one as good as that one. Our server said he hears that a lot. :)

I think we spent about $130 or so, so not a cheap meal. But it was good nonetheless. We brought our girls but were fairly confident they'd balk at the menu choices so we got them burgers before we arrived. Don't judge me.

Parking is scarce here, but they do offer valet. Also the outdoor area is very nice. Palm trees, a water feature and wood decking surround outdoor tables. And they feature an open kitchen so you can watch the chef prepare your meal if you're into that sort of thing.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank VA_Newlywed_0813

Been to Plant Miami? Share your experiences!