“This place is horrible, it could be better with better service.”
Review of Balan's

Balan's
Reserve with OpenTable
Balan's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #661 of 4,324 Restaurants in Miami
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Called a "staple of Miami dining," with one of the best happy hours in town, it's a savory home to locals for executive lunches, fine dinners, late drinks and hearty breakfasts. Join us in a contemporary setting where the menu shines and the service excels. Stars of the show include Lobster Club Wrap, Thai Shrimp Curry, Truffle Mac & Cheese and more.
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I stopped coming to balans. Let me start by saying that the only good thing about coming here is the outdoors because we get to people watch. Of course if your lucky you will get a table that is,study because nothing is more annoying than a wobbled table. (2) If your lucky to get good service from one of those Serbian servers that work there they all seem cold. (3) Tips is included and you don't get the exsact change when paying the bill. ( warning on that)..(4) The managers which I noticed a few times during my visit as I walked towards the bathroom is walking around texting. (5) yes I will say it again managers texting while walking in the dining room not noticing that we the guest observe everything, because maybe we are also managers at other restaurant and know better not to be on the phone. (6) food isn't as good at night as it is in the morning, perhaps new cooks or perhaps morning is better organized. (7) Host is nice not as friendly as the prior one, which we haven't seen in a while now.(8) I could go on and on about Balans but like I said I stopped coming here for a while. I guess it doesn't meet my expectations.
By the way to all travelers, try Opa Taverns, they have great happy hour and great bar apps.

AubreySwanson, Public Relations Manager at Balan's, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Hi there,

We apologize for your experience with us. We'd love to learn more about your visit. Could you please contact us directly? You can email Aubrey at aubrey@auboommedia.com or call at 515.201.1014. Thanks!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I don't recommend Balans Brickell for dinner that's Buisness related. The outdoor section for small groups is far below underwhelming. 1 star service. Some entrees came in as 30 minutes later to some guest at the table. No apologies/bill reduction was offered.

1  Thank Sven P
AubreySwanson, Public Relations Manager at Balan's, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Hi Sven,

We are very sorry to hear about your underwhelming experience with us. Could you please let us know the details of when you visited us in Brickell? Please feel free to email me directly at aubrey@auboommedia.com. Thank you!

Aubrey Swanson

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Great place for a brunch. Can get very busy but you can have a good time. Fruit salad was great and pretty! Music is good as well! Even alone I had a good time.

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Good bites exc sangria
Nice spot
I highly recommend. Grouper bites have a delicious tartar dip. The tartar could have used some soy sauce. The tostones good but need additional dipping sauce.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Came here for branch and when I read they served crepes,I really craved it but I expected to be disappointed since i'm used to Italian and French crepes but I ordered it anyway and I wasn't disappointed! Delicious thin crepes with Nutella and strawberries. My friends all had egg benedict which was good. Great atmosphere, will return.

Been to Balan's? Share your experiences!