“Good Food, But Pricey”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 57th Red Road
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We ate here the morning we left for our drive to Key West. We stayed at the Sofitel to try something different. We usually stay across the street when we cruise out of Miami, but there are usually so many kids and in the summer we thought this woulf be a good change. They offer a breakfast buffet, based more on the European style but offered things we really do not care for (salmon, sushi, etc.). We ordered al a carte and spent as much for breakfast as we usually do for lunch.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Sofitel Miami Airport hotel many times and enjoy dining there. However, last week Wednesday night was extremely disappointing. It was our last night in Miami and my husband had said that we would save the best for last- so we went to the restaurant at Sofitel.
My husband and I took the foie gras to start; normally this is served with Melba or small pieces of Brioche toasted, pears poached in wine and a little chutney. It was served with a large rectangular piece of mushy cinnamon French toast (which they called Brioche but was exactly like French toast served at breakfast), the Ballotine styled foie gras was cold and gooey, a bit too rare (this is normally served warm with a slight crisp on the outside and soft on the inside). Then there were warm grapes and cold raspberries on the plate two of which had fungus. My husband called the server who had recognized us from before and complained about the meal and asked her for a piece of baguette to eat the regular foie gras with. She explained to him that there was a new chef who was experimenting with the food pairings. For the entree my husband took the steak and I ordered the duck. His steak was average but my duck tasted a couple days old. My husband was visibly upset and usually enjoys the dessert here but wanted to leave immediately. The server was sympathetic and tried to placate him.

1  Thank Pajeh
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed at the Sofitel hotel back in October 2011 to celebrate our anniversary and decided to dine at the Riviera restaurant for dinner. Our waiter was Diego which was such a great waiter, we wrote to the manager letting him know just how great his service was to us. The food was DELICIOUS! We tried multiple plates from the menu and were pleased with each and every dish. We wanted to enjoy our time and eat slowly and relax and that is exactly what we did. The wine we ordered was incredible and the restaurant atmosphere was very quiet and romantic. I loved the scallops and risotto plate the most and am defiantly looking forward to returning here in the future.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were going out of MIA to France leaving at 8 PM and drove over from Venice, about 3 hours away. So we had some time and there is no better place to relax and unwind for a few hours at the Sofitel. As we hadn't eaten lunch by 3pm when we arrived and the restaurant wasn't open, the bar was a perfect place to order food, take it outside by the pool and feel right at home.

The Art Deco features of the hotel and the quality of the food and service keep bringing us back after more than ten years of visits. While French owned, it has the unique diversity of Miami. If you are parking at the airport, there is a shortcut along Perimeter Road, the same taken by the Sofitel's shuttle vans.

Sometimes when we return from Europe and we're too tired to drive home, we stay the night. This time, we just enjoyed the ambiance of the place with a leisurely lunch as it sure beats any lounge in the airport.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stay at the Sofitel for business and the bar / restaurant is very nice after a long day of work. Food is always good and the prices aren't too bad. The bar service is very consistent and the servers are great.

Been to La Riviera? Share your experiences!