“The Best!!!”
Review of Area 31

Area 31
Reserve with OpenTable
Area 31 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 4,431 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Brickell Ave
Transit: Miami Metro Mover drop off two blocks from restaurant.
Description: Chef Driven. Ocean Inspired. Local flavor. We have a unique perspective here on the 16th floor, allowing us to see everything that makes Miami famous. Then we hand it to Executive Chef Wolfgang Birk to make into something even more remarkable. Area 31's panoramic vistas provide the wow factor, but Chef Birk's elegant yet approchable cuisine draws full attention to the plate, as avid diners anticipate what his worldly influences and fresh inspiration will cook up next. Keeping it fresh is a big part of Area 31, and that includes sourcing ingredients from our favorite local vendors. While it's preferable to come here hungry, we're always happy to share the view with you over cocktails and people-watching from our spectacular outdoor Terrace Lounge. Habitually innovative, often breathtaking and always welcoming, Area 31 is here to make sure you're never more than an elevator ride from a singular Miami experience.
Reviewed February 8, 2013

January 26 2013, was our 7 year Anniversary. I had no idea that it would become our Engagement! My fiance' had it all planned out and everything went according to his awesome suprise with the help of the Area 31 staff especially the 3 women that helped him out the most Sheena, Christina and Natalee. Because of the help of these three women my 7 year Anniversary/ Engagement will be a night I will never ever forget! And i got to give it up to our waitress Sheena! This woman was exceptional!!! She knew the menu inside out, was able to suggest All the best dishes and was right about All of them, the food was fabulous!!! The best dishes I have eaten. Not only that but her personality was so fun, inviting and professional!! This woman deserves a raise!! And the other two women as well. I will forever reccomend Area 31 and the waitress we had to Everyone I know in Miami and out of it that will be visiting. Thank u so much for making January 26 the best of my memories!

Megan R, General Manager at Area 31, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Hi Nicole! What a heartwarming post your was! It was such a joy to share your joy with Shina, Christina and Natalee as well. Making memories like this are why we love what we do! We hope to see you again very soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,059)

Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Nice athmosphere, very trendy! Service was somewhat poor and slow! The food... Not bad, definitely lacking a Wow factor! Wound not return!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

As locals, we dine here as often as possible.

We find the staff to be consistently well trained and extremely courteous. Much has been said about the view from the 16th floor and it IS quite dramatic. If the view isn't enough to give you great "vibes", I don't know what is !!

In the last couple of years, they have found an amazing chef who specializes in the most unique and delicate preparation of fish and seafood. Using seafood from sustainable sources, we have found it to be consistently presented at the perfect temperature, moist and full of subtle flavors. And beautiful to look at as well. Chef Reidt is an artist on many levels.

On Saturday evening, I started with the ceviche. I was quite surprised when it was presented on a plate instead of the traditional presentation in a glass. It was so pretty to look at, I hated to disturb it with my fork. My husband started with the roasted root vegetables, something I would usually only think of as a side dish. But it made a great starter.

For mains, I had the Covina. As I listened to our waiter describe it, I knew it would be something I just had to taste! I was not disappointed. My husband enjoyed the Tilefish as well.

The kitchen really shows their expertise with fish.

We enjoyed the desserts very much as well.

As locals, we've tried so many restaurants in Miami but because we hate to end up with an expensive mistake, we have come to limit our restaurant choices to only Miami's best. And Area 31 is definitely one of the handful I would return to. While it's true that you are paying "Cadillac prices", it's a classy place in a classy location. Ingredients are of the finest quality. Service is tops.

And we can't wait to return.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

great food. We ate at this place a bunch of times and the food is really good but the service is usually slow. If you are in a rush then this is not the place for you. Everytime we go we need to wait a long time for a server and a long time for the food. On the weekends it's a great place to go and hang out for drinks.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I ate here as soon as I arrived before heading off to work. The food was fast and delicious. I ordered the Crispy Chicken Tacos and they were superb. I later ate dinner there as well and had the Epic Sunset drink...absolutely wonderful Ahmed was my bartender and did a great job on keeping the drinks coming!!!

Been to Area 31? Share your experiences!