“Best Mexican food in Miami Beach!!”
Review of Cheen Huaye

Cheen Huaye
Ranked #158 of 4,322 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for some good Mexican food in MB, read some other views and went for this place, it was so great we went 3 nights out if the 5 we were there! Great Rita's and the tuna / shrimp ceviche is the best I have ever had, enjoy!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

This was my second time at Cheen Huaye. I can honestly say the food was very fresh and the taste was excellent. The chips and salsa were outstanding. We also tried the Tamarind margaritas and they were a treat. I shared the flan and although it was good I thought it was an extremely small portion for the price they charge. I would go again for the quality of the food and the overall taste, however, I must say even though the restaurant was half empty, our group of four got very nasty looks from the servers/managers because we stayed talking after we payed and gave very generous tips at that. I could understand this if there were people waiting to be seated but not on a very slow night like this Saturday night that we went. It is on a strip mall that is kind of solitary so the view is not that great. We sat inside.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I have been to this restaurant several times in the past 3 yrs. today I was disappointed. Their chillie reianios used to be fabulous. Now they just serve a chillie with some melted cheese!! Not good eats.

2  Thank charu s
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Initially, this place looked like nothing special, located in a strip mall, but the food was absolutely excellent - ceviches, salads, tacos - all with subtle but distinct flavours, unlike the overpowering "Tex Mex"-type chains that seem to populate most of Florida, which seem to rely on sugar, tomato and chilli for all their flavouring.

If I could make one comment, it was that the options for postres were a little disappointing, I would have liked to have seen more - but we were very pleased indeed with this place, from the tortillas, salsa and guacamole "amuse bouche" onwards, a great meal.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I've eaten at Cheen Huaye with my family many times since they opened. It is small, family run, with fantastic, authentic Yucatan food. Everything I've eaten there is good, but I especially love their chicken enchaladas (with green sauce)...they are the best! Whenever my kids are in town, that is where they want to go.

Been to Cheen Huaye? Share your experiences!