WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Warm and friendly ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Miami Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Miami Guest House
Ranked #1 of 20 Miami B&B and Inns
Eureka
“Warm and friendly ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here as a transit before and after our cruise. Tomas was the sweetest person and so was Louis. They go over and above to treat you well. Definitely a good place to stay! The rates are extremely reasonable and well connected with bus transport to go about.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mommasheeta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

A very nice place in a quiet area. The bedroom was nice and clean, bed very confortable. Kitchen had everything what you need for breakfast.

I really appreciated that Tomas gave me a lift from/to the airport and showed me bus station, restaurant, supermarket before checkin.

A excellent option in Miami.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Jean-Christophe B
Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

We had just a short one night visit but we felt so much at home due to the warm welcome from Tomas and Luis. We greatly appreciated all the time that Tomas spent with us, informing us about Miami's history, options for things to do during our stay, and advice re getting around the city.
The bed was comfortable and our room and ensuite bath were immaculate. We had use of a tiny kitchen, and breakfast magically appeared overnight for us!
Tomas drove us to the airport for our flight home. We wish we could have stayed longer at this homey guest house.
It is clear that Tomas and Luis enjoy hosting travelers. They are very good at it, and I hope to make a return trip to see them again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JESEdmonton
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

When first walking in I was greeted with a very friendly gentleman named Luis. He was so kind showing me my room and giving me a guide of many things to do here in Miami. The room is cute and cozy. The bed is so comfortable and the living area is just beautiful. The shared bathroom is extremely clean and organized. They have shampoo conditioner and shower gel ready for you to use and towels with a wash cloth as well.

He also lets you know that you can have breakfast in the morning which I did and there's complimentary soda with snacks available in the fridge for you too. For breakfast there's toast, muffins, croissants, cereal, yogurt, milk, and orange juice. They have plastic microwavable bowls and plates with silverware for you to use. The fridge is a good size and there's space for each person staying. He will let you know which space is yours.

I can tell you I was never too hot in this place ever. Also they give you keys for the gate the front door and your room but the gate is usually open for your convenience. Speaking of keys I actually lost my keys, but they were so helpful! They had an extra set waiting for me in the combination lock hanging on the door. Tomas is the one I contacted the most, but I would only see Luis. I assume these are very busy people. They are so patient and incredibly helpful.

If you need a place to stay, come here! They also have a small closet space a chest of drawers two mirrors and a little television set and free wifi in the Sunrise room that I stayed in. A/C of course and you can let them know if you want it higher or lower and also the water heater can be arranged if it's not working. The shower is great especially after a long day out getting lost. I forgot to mention the little lamp and the blinds to open to see the beautiful sun outside your windows. They have some little games to play in the living area as well. I never used it because I spent most my time out but it's always available.

Forget the expensive hotel or the not worth it low budget motel and come to this beautiful bed and breakfast if you're staying Miami. It's homey and I love it. Couldn't ask for anything better with a good nights rest in the quiet neighborhood they are located in.

Room Tip: Sorry to add that there's actually no pool I was too excited and rated excellent for the pool, b...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Groot V
Warkworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Our short stay in Miami got off to a poor start with our flight being cancelled due to threatened hurricane in south of England. Tomas (Fernandez) who runs the place with Luis had agreed to pick us up at Miami International around 8pm. There ensued urgent e-mail traffic to inform Tomas of our day's delay. Due to a three and a half hour delay leaving Heathrow the following day we did not emerge from the MIA until close to midnight. This did not faze Tomas who swiftly drove out to pick us up....no charge. The accommodation was compact and contained all the facilities that could be expected. And everything drunk, eaten, used was replaced daily. And the coffee was superb. When we came to settle up Tomas refused to charge for the booked 'missing' day. If it was possible to add a sixth green circle, we would.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Colin H
MiamiGuestHouse, Owner at Miami Guest House, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Heathcote family,

How could we charge for a night you were not able to spend in Miami due to reasons beyond your control? Here in Miami we know hurricanes, so we understand. What matters is that you made it in time for the beautiful wedding in Key West you were coming to. We are glad you enjoy the time spent in our place. We hope we can host you again next time you want to enjoy the Sunset at Mallory Square!

Yours trully,

Tomas & Luis
Guilford, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We found this charming home on Tripadvisor and what a success! The hostess greeted us with Cuban coffee and a tour of our quarters. She had great information about where to eat close to home and places to visit during our trip. It was private though in her home. Private patio, entrance, and kitchen. She was available when we needed help but not intrusive. She did our laundry for free. She made a nice breakfast each morning, leaving cold water in the fridge for us to travel each day with. The beds were comfortable and I wish I could order the sheets, so soft. We had the main part of the bedroom and our teenage son had a little cubby in the room with a pull curtain so he felt some sense of personal space. Close to the freeway, close to food and shopping and safe. It was a different experience for us, normally we stay in a hotel, so a risk but it payed off in a big way. If we go back to Miami we WILL stay here again-great way to see the Keys, the Glades and Miami. Happy travels!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

This apartment is located in the Royal Hotel. The hotel is small but fairly clean and easy to find. It's location is great! The room is a converted studio and has all the amenities. Beach towels, umbrellas, sunblock if you needed it.... coffee maker, refridgerator, and microwave. The room smelled a little damp but was very clean, except for th shower head which seemed to be forgotten for a while and had some mildew on it. The view from the window is beautiful with the palm trees, solarium and a little portion of Washington Ave. The noise level was fine, except for when loud people talk down the hallway. We would definitely stay here again. Great value!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple