“Excellent historic site!”

Ranked #1 of 344 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Built in 1916 as a winter retreat, this lavish villa is a tribute to the Italian Renaissance. The museum contains much of the original furnishings and artwork, and is surrounded by lush, formal gardens.
“Excellent historic site!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Takes 3-4 hours to really enjoy the place. What a great trip back in time, and a view of how some of the rich lived, although he was a bit eccentric. Very nice garden, every turn brings a new feast for your eyes. We went here for a diversion before a flight out Miami, compare this house to Biltmore in NC, although smaller.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Breathtaking.”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Vizcaya was on my must-do list, and we stayed over an extra night to see it, since it's closed on Tuesday. Well worth it. The home is just incredible, so opulent and thoughtfully planned. And the grounds were an absolute joy. I do wish more of the fountains were actually running, a few were and some were not, but I'd consider this a must-do for any visitor to Miami. Absolutely stunning!

Dalton, Georgia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Vizcaya is a must do in Miami!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

If you love history, architecture and beautiful gardens then you must see Vizcaya. I highly recommend the self-guided audio tour, as we learned so much more about the property than if we would have just taken the pamphlet. It cost a little more but I believe it was still under $20 each, I think it was actually $15. My husband and I spent 6 hours there, ate twice in the delicious cafe and just strolled at our own pace. The place is amazing! My only disappointment with my visit is that visitors are not allowed to take photographs inside the house but we purchased 2 books in the gift shop. Highly recommend this day trip!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

If you don't live in Miami, it's a lovely place to visit. The grounds are amazing. If you live in Miami, you should become a member, wonderful events.

Jakarta, Indonesia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Don't forget to bring your camera...”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I went to this place because of our curiosity of rave reviews on trip advisor.
It's an elegant building with beautiful scenery. A very nice place if you want to take engagement photoshoot. Too bad we aren't allowed to take picture inside the building.
So Miami is not all about beach...

Visited March 2012