“FABULOUS VISIT!!”

Ranked #1 of 356 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Built in 1916 as a winter retreat, this lavish villa is a tribute to the Italian Renaissance. The museum contains much of the original furnishings and artwork, and is surrounded by lush, formal gardens.
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Loved this place, we had such a great time strolling the gardens and viewing this historical gem! You could spend an hour or spend a half a day learning about this home. Make sure to get the head phones as part of your solo tour

1  Thank magsmom
Write a ReviewReviews (5,636)

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Anyone that had been to Miami recommended Vizcaya Museum for us. I was able to find a $3 off coupon for admission, making it $12. There were several other coupons for $1 or $2 off at various hotels and the welcome center. The parking is on site and free.

We all enjoyed the museum and it had information cards explaining each room. The best part about this was outside and the view overlooking Biscayne Bay. While we were visiting, we saw 4 groups taking professional photos and one group filming something. This was a bit distracting as they expected you to move around them, but I can see why they want to use that location!

The grounds are expansive and we spent about 3 hours total here.

2  Thank Mrdate88
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I think I prefer the gardens to the Villa. The Gardens are magical and it is so special being so close to downtown Miami. I think it is worth going to! Such a beautiful place.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Spent a couple of hours there on a Sunday lunch time. Easy to get there on the Metro rail if you don't have a car. Long queue to get in as the salesperson seemed to have 3 jobs to do by himself, tickets, brochures and audio guides.
Its a great house but not to my taste. Everything seemed to be overdone with lots of styles clashing. Perhaps I'm just used to traditional stately homes and Palaces!
Great gardens although the maze was non existent. The view from the rear terrace out to sea was what made the trip worthwhile for me. Stunning.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Very nice palace. I enjoyed the history and the beautiful rooms. The guides are amazing and tell you very interesting stories. The gardens are great as well.