“So small!”

and up
Go Miami Card
Ranked #103 of 354 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1996, MAM has been a showcase of international and Western art, including photographs, paintings, sculpture and other mediums, from 1940 to the present.
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was shocked, as for as much money that Miami has, along with the high regard for appearances; this did not translate to a quality investment into the local arts. The art museum is two floors, first floor modern, second floor Latin art. That's it. Perhaps I am spoiled, as I live in a city with a world renowned museum that is free, so having to shell out anything for this sad place was disappointing. I recommend going next door to the History Museum, as there are a lot more interesting things to see.

5  Thank lcommisso04

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We enjoyed our visit. The information provided on the artists was good and the collection of South American art (which we weren't familiar with) was interesting and informative.

We asked about somewhere to have lunch and were directed over to the small Cuban cafe opposite where we had a very good meal and a warm welcome.

1  Thank DurhamAnne100
Reviewed February 9, 2013

we absolutely reccomend to visit the second saturday of the month 'cos it's free, otherwise the price of 8 usd wouldn't be acceptable for what they offer.
at the entrance there is a wonderful huge lobby to entertain kids allowing their art to come out.
there are many tables with scissors, gloves, paper of many colors to let them express themselves.
2 floors show artistic pictures, portraits and modern sculptures .
i probably don't understand modern art so it didn't impress me very much but when it's free you spend a pleasant hour wandering around.
don't forget: visit it the second saturday of each month, if you can.
;-)

3  Thank Mark B
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I recommend a visit Miami Art Museum, the museum's exhibits quite good, There is a focus on local and Latin artists - mainly contemporary - which I've found very interesting.
$5 parking and $8 each to see.

1  Thank karen r
Reviewed September 23, 2012

$5 parking and $8 each to see ONE ROOM of art. I say art but there were NO paintings, just a few photos and a couple of abstract pieces. We were out in 10 minutes. Don't waste your money.

5  Thank Victel

Been to Miami Art Museum? Share your experiences!