A good choice if you want to be close to the airport, like if you have an early morning flight and don't want to deal with morning rush traffic. I stayed here for business, after not being allowed to cancel from an internet reservation. I was not at all happy with that as it caused me a bigger commute for business, and I let the manager know this, but ultimately probably didn't care.
That said, being forced to stay here, it was a nice hotel, and I was treated well and professionally, even though I am, admittedly, a weird person.
The room had excellent work space and a sectioned off TV room with desk and internet. Bed was very comfortable, but as is the trend with Fairfields, I had difficulty sleeping with the A/C going on and off at five minute intervals since Fairfields and other associated hotels are disabling constant fan ability on A/C units. I am really not happy about this trend because it's easy to sleep when a constant fan can run and lull you to sleep but when the unit goes on and off all night it keeps waking me up. Hate it, so I am docking this hotel one rating point for that alone. Other people don't mind that, but sleep doesn't come so easy to some of us, and I need the option.
Parking is easy enough and safe and you do get a one-time $10 charge for that, but that's Miami and at least it's not $10 a day tacked on your bill when you check out.
There are two very good restaurants -- seafood, and Cuban -- within walking distance. 20 minute drive to Miami Beach; one hour to West Palm; 25 minutes to Homestead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miami International Airport is a 5-minute drive from this hotel, which has a free airport shuttle service, a fitness center, and full breakfast. Free Wi-Fi, a 32-inch flat-screen cable TV with HBO movie channels, and a desk are featured in each room at Fairfield Inn and Suites Miami Airport South. Guests will be 7 miles from the cruise ships at Port of Miami. Dolphin Mall is a 15-minute drive from the hotel, and a transportation service is available for a fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South Hotel Miami
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Miami Airport South