“Ok for a post-cruise overnight stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South

Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South
Ranked #46 of 121 Hotels in Miami
california
“Ok for a post-cruise overnight stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night after our cruise to relax and see Miami for a day. The reason we chose this hotel because they offer free shuttle to the airport plus a good breakfast. When we checked in, our room was spacious but the carpet was a little dirty. Maybe because of the dark color you can easily tell if it wasn't vacuumed. One of the towels smelled bad so we have to request for a fresh one. The toilet seat has pee stain on it, not sure if someone used it prior to our stay. The beds and pillows were comfy though. Unfortunately, we couldn't sleep because of noise next door to us (3rd floor). They were so obnoxiously loud at 1:30 - 4:00 am like they were having a party?? My husband complained to the front desk 3 times, but they didn't do anything about it. Shuttle service to the airport was prompt, no problem. Breakfast was good, waffles, eggs, sausage etc. Coffees, teas, milk available 24 hrs. at the lobby. Inspite of some issues, over-all, it was good.

Room Tip: Room 337 is facing the gas station. Not a good view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pinkcottage88
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
As the GM of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami, I appreciate your feedback as it only helps me to retrain my staff, so that next time, we respond promptly to any noise complaint. Though, I wanted to explain that the color on the water for your toilet is the chemical we used to use and for this reason is that we are switching to a new one that would not leave any color on it. Please come back to visit us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had booked this through one of the travel sites.

I called the hotel before leaving home for the airport, and asked about the shuttle, as we would be arriving late. Was told just call from airport on arrival. When i called at 11:30, as ,of course the flight was late, was told the shuttle stops at 11:00 PM.
Room and breakfast were very nice. Would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
On behalf of the staff of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami, I wanted to thank you for your review of our services and facility. I also apologize for the van not being able to pick you up at the airport as the driver was gone for the day. Please come and visit us again, and if you arrive after midnight let me know so that I can arrange something for you.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed the night there after mu connection flight was cancelled. Spent only a few hours there but had a ver comfortable room. The staff was very friendly and helpful arranging my early airport transfer. If you are staying in Miami it is definitely a good place to be at close to the airport.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank galapag1
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your experience in our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us.
Tunis, Tunisia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

We hadn't planned on spending the night in Miami, but American Airlines' tardiness with luggage delivery decreed otherwise. It was getting late and we were tired and hungry and wanted to find ourselves a bed. Everywhere seemed full but Fairfield Inn was not though they only had suites left.
It did what it was meant to - friendly, prompt service; excellent wifi; their suites meant extra space; it was all very clean; there was a jolly good breakfast the next morning; and it was a short walk to the restaurants.
We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rashmeeroshanlall
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review. I'm glad to see that we are keeping our promises. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
South Haven, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Not even here for 12 hours, but a pleasant welcome and near some good restaurants. Very fresh looking, colorful. Good coffee 24 hrs, Comfortable bed, fridge, coffee maker and nice bath. Quiet room.

Easy access to electrical outlets.

Really excellent shuttle drivers who gave an excellent recommendation for supper.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Jeffrey D
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Our goal is to satisfy our guests needs and exceed your expectations. I hope we'll have the opportunity to host you again in the near future.
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I came in for a meeting and stayed one night. I had a very nice stay at the Fairfield. The airport is abit confusing because MIA has only one place to drop off and pick up hotel customers so I was relieved when the free shuttle arrived for me (I thought I was in the wrong place waiting). The friendly driver shared that because my meeting was within their policy 2 mile range the shuttle driver could take me and pick me up. How nice!

The room was very comfortable and although the outdoor whirlpool area was finishing some construction work, they arranged for me to sit in the sun on a lounger while I waited for my 5pm meeting.

The location is 1 mile from the airport and across the street from Catch of The Day Seafood Bar & Grill. I ate there twice, and down the street is a Latin Café. I had a delicious Cortadito coffee and a large salad.

My stay included breakfast, and although I only ate light, there was a very wide range of food to keep everyone satisfied.
Next time I come to Miami and am not staying in South Beach, I would stay here!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Cheryl W
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience during your last stay in our hotel. We appreciate our guests feedback in order for us to improve our facilities and satisfy our guests needs. Our pool renovation in completed and I'm sure you will enjoy it.
edinburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed after a cruise and prior to returning home. It's near the airport and the surrounding area isn't brilliant but fine for one or two night stay as there are good Cuban restaurants that are within a 2 minute walk.

There is a shuttle bus that does the hotel run and for $10 will take you to dolphin mall for some retail therapy. The hotel also offers a free shuttle to the airport that runs every 30 minutes - just make sure you make the reception staff aware. If you want to go downtown then get to the metro station and its $4 return - great value or approx $25 dollar taxi one way

There is free wifi throughout the hotel and the rooms have large flat screen televisions. Rooms are spacious and with free breakfast and friendly staff not much more you can ask for

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jambo43
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear guest, you do know how to resume the facts that are important to the traveler. We thank you very much for your comments and hope to see you back very soon.