Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South
$200
$193
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay(Miami)(Great Value!)
$259
Marriott Hotels
$326
$309
$424
$359
JW Marriott
  • Pool
Regency Hotel Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
$109
$110
$103
  • Pool
All reviewscatch of the dayone nightfree shuttlefront deskunderground parkingmiami airportroom was cleancomplimentary breakfastshuttle servicepre cruise nighthear planescruise portyogurtcuban restauranthot tubearly flightrental car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed one night pre-cruise at Fairfield. The location is very close to airport so as a result there is noise from jets as one of the flight paths comes close to the hotel. But what do you expect from a hotel near an airport? For other reviewers that complained about noise, suggest you stay at South Beach and pay $500 per night for a 3 star hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The property was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast buffet could be a bit better and the wi-fi seemed slow at times. Although I did not have a rental car I noticed that you had to pay for parking. Personally that would tick me off. Enjoyed my stay here and would stayagain if circumstances dictated.

Room Tip: Call before hand to see if they can maybe waive your parking fee if you are driving there.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

I am happy to hear you enjoy your stay and that we will see you again. Just so you know we are upgrading the breakfast to offer more choices to our guest. Thank you again.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed in this hotel the night before our cruise and booked 3 rooms for our party. The hotel is nice and the rooms were clean, but there was a large group of young girls in the room next to ours and they partied ALL NIGHT LONG. We called the front desk 3 separate times to complain, and while they said they sent security to their room, the noise continued into the morning hours. Even our earplugs were insufficient to drown out the noise. It was not how we wanted to begin our vacation, and at the prices we paid for the rooms we expected to at least be able to sleep!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the pool are smaller in size than the rooms on the other side of the hall.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest, I am sorry that the noise from the room next door didn’t let you sleep. Unfortunately, sometimes it’s difficult to have some guest consider their neighbors, but I will share your comments with the front desk to make sure the follow up on such complaint, is more accurate if we ever have a case like that.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Having stayed at this hotel not too long ago the situation is still fresh. I stayed here for a business trip and my company sent in the information two weeks prior to the stay. However, there was some "confusion" regarding our tax exempt,as I was having to go back in forth for most of my work day to get this situation taken care, I figured the problem had been resolved. Little did I know that was not the end of my woes. I then was charged personally for the stay even though they had my company card on file from when we had sent the information in prior, and from the first mixup. After having to fax, refax, scan and rescan information over a week period, the situation was resolved.

I will say the corporate headquarters was very helpful and understanding. I cannot say the same for the immediate staff at this facility. One female manager, was rude, snide and condescending.

I suggest if you are staying here on business you double check and recheck before any money is transferred. I have learned my lesson.

One mistake, okay everyone makes those, but two over the same stay is unacceptable and I will not be staying at this establishment again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Natalia F, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Ms Gibson, I am sorry you felt that we mistreated you as we only followed the regular procedures on a hotel stay. When you checked in there was no 3rd party credit card authorization letter to pay for your room or note o the reservation, so we had no way to know about it. You informed us days after you had check out about the 3rd party being responsible to pay for your room. When you faxed the proper paperwork for the tax exempt, 4 days after you had checked out, that same day, we issued the $13,65 back to your card as a result of the taxes being exempt. This was an unfortunate incident due to miscommunication and as I have stated before I am sorry that you had to wait the 4 days to see the refund on your card, but we just had no way to know about it.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Room was clean and front office staff were helpful. Our biggest issues was with the van that picked us up at the airport. The front right tired was so bad you could see the cords showing. Friends had checked in two days prior and lost control of the vehicle due to this! The hotel said it would be fixed the next day, we checked in two days later and the tire was still bad!!!! Fairfield....is the safety of your staff and guests not important to you??

** Note: Driver said they have been telling hotel for weeks about the bad tire.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tntdynamite74

Dear guest, I wanted to answer your concern about security of our guests / employees, and yes we do take it very seriously. The van tires are all new and they took couple days to arrive as the shop had to order them to be replaced. At no time was the security of the passengers at risk as we used another van that is also new and tires were in perfect condition.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the night before our cruise. We were arriving in late so we just wanted something close by to the airport. The hotel is a quick 5 minute drive from the airport. There is a free airport shuttle to the hotel. We called the hotel when we landed and the shuttle was outside within 15 minutes or so.

The hotel rooms are nice and spacious and the hotel looks very new as well. There is free wi-fi and free breakfast included. The breakfast room was packed in the morning and had a good enough amount of food to get you started.

There isn't a whole lot in the area around the hotel. There are a few restaurants. We went to a Cuban restaurant a 2 minute walk away. There is a K-Mart and Wal-greens about a 10 minute walk away if you need to pick up anything you left at home.

You have to wait quite a bit to get a taxi to the cruise terminal (20-25 minutes). The staff at the hotel mentionned that it was normal on cruise days. I was thinking if I had to do this again next time I'd just grab the shuttle back to the airport and grab a taxi from there. There are more taxis from the airport and it's a flat rate $24 to the cruise terminals.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gord_Mtl
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear guest, thanks for your response. We appreciatte to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Remember we have also a shuttle that goes to the Port of Miami ($12 pp) at 11:45 am for your next trip.