Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South
$179
$159
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Miami Airport(Miami)(Great Value!)
$93
$113
  • Pool
Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay(Miami)(Great Value!)
$179
$135
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Regency Hotel Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
$122
$105
Cancelon
All reviewscatch of the dayone nightfree shuttlefront deskunderground parkingmiami airportcomplimentary breakfastshuttle servicepre cruise nighthear planescruise portyogurtclean hotelhot tubearly flightbetween flightsrental car
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My sister and I stayed here for one night prior to leaving for a cruise. Upon checking in (through Kayay) the lady who checked me in could not find my reservation. (mind you I had called prior to checking in and was confirmed) I also had brought my confirmation letter with me. After several minutes of searching the computer, talking with a co-worker and running to the back of office I was given a room key with apologies. (I have read comments about this hotel losing reservations) I also want to note the lady who was helping me seemed to have to force a smile and it seemed to pain her to do so. (she must have been talked to about being polite to the customes. I have read about the attitide problem of the staff before too)
Onec my sister and I found our room on the third floor we both thought the room we stayed in was very clean and comfortable. There was a slight musty odor, but once we turned on the A/C all was fine.
The next morning we had a nice breakfast (nice spread) and rode the hotel shuttle ($12.00 each)
to the port. This hotel is great for a cheap one night stay. Though I would like to say (and this goes for the other nearby hotel in the area) this area is not a place you would want to walk around at night. I did not get a good vibe from it at all.
The review of the hotel would have been better if the front staff had been nicer.

Room Tip: Great continental breakfast, especially for the price we paid for the room. a steal!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank hockeyfan3144
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear guest I’m sorry you felt the staff was not genuine, as we do strive on providing the best customer service possible. Please rest assure that we do not loose reservations as they do not disappear once they are in the system. Thanks for taking the time to send your comment.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

The room was clean and comfortable, just as pictured. The staff was really friendly and helpful, especially for Victor. There was a free breakfast offered until 10am, the wi-fi was working well in my room and there were also computer and printer available for guests, all free of charge. Unfortunately, the parking wasn't included, but it was a fair price (11,50 plus taxes) and I felt it was very secure. Overall, the hotel exceed my expectations and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JuMCL

Thank you very much for the review! We would love to have you back !

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We arrived at the hotel exhausted after being on the go for almost 24 hours. We used the free airport shuttle from Miami airport which was very efficient and were greeted by a very friendly receptionist who found us a quiet room away from the highway.

Our room was a King, very well lit, clean and quite and brightly decorated in the usual greens and oranges associated with the chain. We welcomed the 24 hour coffee available in the lobby before spending a comfortable night. The bathroom was very clean and bright and the shower had excellent water pressure.

Breakfast was the only low point of our stay. This was not because of the food or service, but the dining area is just not big enough to cope with the number of people turning up for breakfast. We could not find anywhere to sit and people were standing around the food stations eating their cereals and bagels. Despite this, the food on offer was very good - cereals, yoghurts, bagels, pastries, juice and Jimmy Dean sandwiches as well as waffles. The staff were overwhelmed but they were still pleasant and helpful and they managed to keep the food stocked despite the crowds.

This was one of the better Fairfield Inns we have stayed in recently and an excellent choice for a one night stay in the area. We would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KuwaitGlobetrotters

Many thanks for your comments, and please come back as the breakfast at Fairfield is only about to get better. We have taken suggestions like yours to increase seating area for breakfast!.
Thanks again.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed in Fairfield for the weekend (02 - 06 November) and we were pleasantly surprised!! The website pictures are real and really reflect what you get. The rooms are bright and colourful and make you feel like you dropped in on a designer's colour wheel :-) The suite was big, 2 televisions and a lovely sofa. The only negative reviews we would give is we didn't think the hotel was environmentally friendly regarding meals: everything was in a plastic cup or plate. Breakfast was really like an express hotel (basic continental......but free). Also, the rooms don't seem to be well insulated fromt eh traffic and we heard cars passing by and honking horns. But by the time we got home after exploring the florida keys and shopping, the noises were but blurs! We would highly recommend the Latin Cafe which is literally 2 mins walk, lovely food and great breakfast too! This hotel is conveniently located next to the other Marriott hotels (Courtyard and Residence Inn). Free shuttle although you had to call them on arrival. I would recommend this hotel for a short stay!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your comments. Stay tuned for breakfast upgrades by Marriott standards.

Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Hurricane Sandy caused us to delay our return. One night stay in Miami. Clean larger room that are modern. Free wifi and all day coffee wonderful. We came way early and the front desk staff were very accommodating. Even gave us a great tip for a local car rental so we could enjoy Miami for the day. Free breakfast also very good. Quick short ride to the airport.

• Stayed: October 2012
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Hopefully you can come back soon and this time the weather is not the reason. Thanks for your review.