“Good Quality for an Airport Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #27 of 120 Hotels in Miami
Kuwait
“Good Quality for an Airport Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We arrived at the hotel exhausted after being on the go for almost 24 hours. We used the free airport shuttle from Miami airport which was very efficient and were greeted by a very friendly receptionist who found us a quiet room away from the highway.

Our room was a King, very well lit, clean and quite and brightly decorated in the usual greens and oranges associated with the chain. We welcomed the 24 hour coffee available in the lobby before spending a comfortable night. The bathroom was very clean and bright and the shower had excellent water pressure.

Breakfast was the only low point of our stay. This was not because of the food or service, but the dining area is just not big enough to cope with the number of people turning up for breakfast. We could not find anywhere to sit and people were standing around the food stations eating their cereals and bagels. Despite this, the food on offer was very good - cereals, yoghurts, bagels, pastries, juice and Jimmy Dean sandwiches as well as waffles. The staff were overwhelmed but they were still pleasant and helpful and they managed to keep the food stocked despite the crowds.

This was one of the better Fairfield Inns we have stayed in recently and an excellent choice for a one night stay in the area. We would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KuwaitGlobetrotters
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Many thanks for your comments, and please come back as the breakfast at Fairfield is only about to get better. We have taken suggestions like yours to increase seating area for breakfast!.
Thanks again.

On the beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed in Fairfield for the weekend (02 - 06 November) and we were pleasantly surprised!! The website pictures are real and really reflect what you get. The rooms are bright and colourful and make you feel like you dropped in on a designer's colour wheel :-) The suite was big, 2 televisions and a lovely sofa. The only negative reviews we would give is we didn't think the hotel was environmentally friendly regarding meals: everything was in a plastic cup or plate. Breakfast was really like an express hotel (basic continental......but free). Also, the rooms don't seem to be well insulated fromt eh traffic and we heard cars passing by and honking horns. But by the time we got home after exploring the florida keys and shopping, the noises were but blurs! We would highly recommend the Latin Cafe which is literally 2 mins walk, lovely food and great breakfast too! This hotel is conveniently located next to the other Marriott hotels (Courtyard and Residence Inn). Free shuttle although you had to call them on arrival. I would recommend this hotel for a short stay!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thanks for your comments. Stay tuned for breakfast upgrades by Marriott standards.
Crofton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Hurricane Sandy caused us to delay our return. One night stay in Miami. Clean larger room that are modern. Free wifi and all day coffee wonderful. We came way early and the front desk staff were very accommodating. Even gave us a great tip for a local car rental so we could enjoy Miami for the day. Free breakfast also very good. Quick short ride to the airport.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Hopefully you can come back soon and this time the weather is not the reason. Thanks for your review.
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed here and used the free shuttle to and from Miami Airport. Just remember you need to call for the shuttle after you pick up your luggage at the arrivals. The shuttle driver was very pleasant and even used a small step stool to assist passengers exit the minibus. The hotel is almost new and is very clean. If you don't have a car there are not many choices for dinner in the area except two Cuban and a Sea Food restaurant. Our airline crew were using this hotel which seemed a good indication. We didn't try the breakfast and opted to go to the Cuban place next door.

Room Tip: Try Kayak...it was cheaper than the hotel's website especially if paying in advance.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank niloc-7
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
At the Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami, we appreciate your comments. Next time you visit, please ask the front desk agent for food recommendations as there are many places you could choose from, that are walking distance, like a steak house, a Cuban place, a Spanish cuisine restaurant and a famous sea food restaurant, besides the restaurant from the Marriott complex.
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had to spend a night in Miami when all American Airlines flights got canceled because of the storm that hit the area. We could choose from all the hotels around including Marriott, Hilton, and chains like that. We picked Fairfield because it was cheaper than others and seemed to offer exactly the same type and quality of service. So we picked it. So for the price of $129 we got a big nice room with a king bed and breakfast we didn’t have time to try. When we were looking for the place online we saw that in Marriott you would get the queen bed room for a little more.

Also the check-out time is 11 am instead of standard 10 am and supposedly they would even let us stay in the hotel a little longer if our flight wasn’t announced by then. So overall we got King Bed, big room, quiet location and free shuttle. It's all we wanted!

I would recommend this place!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear guest I’m happy that we left a good impression on you, and hopefully you will come and visit us again in better circumstances, so you have more time to enjoy the facilities and breakfast!
Grafing, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

They offer free shuttle from and to airport.
To the center and Miami Beach you can get by inexpensive city buses.
Only for Everglades you will need a car.
Not so bad (as for US) breakfast.
Friendly stuff.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your comments. Just wanted to let you know, that we are also in the route of the Dolphin Mall bus. That comes twice a day by the front door of the hotel if next time you would like to go shopping to the outlet mall.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I was staying in room 207 on Thursday, August 23, 2012. Friday the 24th of August was my check out date. At 1 pm I heard a knock on the door and it was the cleaning lady who was asking us when she could clean the room. As my friend was staying upstairs in room 327 we exited the room to allow her to clean. I grabbed what I thought was all my things but since I was only heading upstairs I didn't think to check carefully. We went upstairs, I took a nap and upon waking up at 2 pm I realized I had forgotten my IPad. I checked on my IPhone for it's location and it showed that it was still in the hotel. I called downstairs but was informed they were too busy with people checking out to let me know if the maid had turned in my IPad. Around 4 pm I called once more and was told that no one had turned anything in from my room. I was dumbfounded as I had not even left the building! I walked downstairs to speak to the Assistant General Manager on duty who escorted me back to my old room which was completely empty. I checked my IPhone for it's location and it had been turned off. I explained to the Assistant General Manager that I had gone nowhere except a floor up and that when I initially called the IPad was showing in the hotel and he told me unless I called the police there was nothing he could do. My flight departed in an hour so this was obviously not an option for me. Not only did I pay 2 hotel rooms, I had my $600 item stolen with NO HELP from the staff or management on finding it when I had never even set foot outside the hotel. I was completely dumbfounded and dissapointed. Now I have to fly back to Miami to file a police report so I can have my stolen item retrieved from their staff member. Will NEVER stay there again nor reccommend it to anyone. Stay away!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank ErikaAnai
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Ms Erika B, I am very sorry that you grade all of our services based on the unfortunate fact that you had lost your I Pad. I just have to let you know that we do take very seriously a complaint like the one you had, as it does not happen at this hotel. We not only checked the room and verified the lock reading, but went to the room with you and offered to call the police so that you could file a report, even though we found no proof of any robbery. We did address your concern the first time you called and we even told you that we had found your credit card at the front desk when you had the incident with the taxi driver that brought you to the hotel, but you didn’t care to give us your address, so that we could mail it to you. Please let us know if this is something you are interested in, so that we can proceed to mail the card.