“Great hotel for the price.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South

Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South
Ranked #28 of 119 Hotels in Miami
Reno, Nevada
“Great hotel for the price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had to spend a night in Miami when all American Airlines flights got canceled because of the storm that hit the area. We could choose from all the hotels around including Marriott, Hilton, and chains like that. We picked Fairfield because it was cheaper than others and seemed to offer exactly the same type and quality of service. So we picked it. So for the price of $129 we got a big nice room with a king bed and breakfast we didn’t have time to try. When we were looking for the place online we saw that in Marriott you would get the queen bed room for a little more.

Also the check-out time is 11 am instead of standard 10 am and supposedly they would even let us stay in the hotel a little longer if our flight wasn’t announced by then. So overall we got King Bed, big room, quiet location and free shuttle. It's all we wanted!

I would recommend this place!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear guest I’m happy that we left a good impression on you, and hopefully you will come and visit us again in better circumstances, so you have more time to enjoy the facilities and breakfast!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Grafing, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

They offer free shuttle from and to airport.
To the center and Miami Beach you can get by inexpensive city buses.
Only for Everglades you will need a car.
Not so bad (as for US) breakfast.
Friendly stuff.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your comments. Just wanted to let you know, that we are also in the route of the Dolphin Mall bus. That comes twice a day by the front door of the hotel if next time you would like to go shopping to the outlet mall.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I was staying in room 207 on Thursday, August 23, 2012. Friday the 24th of August was my check out date. At 1 pm I heard a knock on the door and it was the cleaning lady who was asking us when she could clean the room. As my friend was staying upstairs in room 327 we exited the room to allow her to clean. I grabbed what I thought was all my things but since I was only heading upstairs I didn't think to check carefully. We went upstairs, I took a nap and upon waking up at 2 pm I realized I had forgotten my IPad. I checked on my IPhone for it's location and it showed that it was still in the hotel. I called downstairs but was informed they were too busy with people checking out to let me know if the maid had turned in my IPad. Around 4 pm I called once more and was told that no one had turned anything in from my room. I was dumbfounded as I had not even left the building! I walked downstairs to speak to the Assistant General Manager on duty who escorted me back to my old room which was completely empty. I checked my IPhone for it's location and it had been turned off. I explained to the Assistant General Manager that I had gone nowhere except a floor up and that when I initially called the IPad was showing in the hotel and he told me unless I called the police there was nothing he could do. My flight departed in an hour so this was obviously not an option for me. Not only did I pay 2 hotel rooms, I had my $600 item stolen with NO HELP from the staff or management on finding it when I had never even set foot outside the hotel. I was completely dumbfounded and dissapointed. Now I have to fly back to Miami to file a police report so I can have my stolen item retrieved from their staff member. Will NEVER stay there again nor reccommend it to anyone. Stay away!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank ErikaAnai
Natalia F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Ms Erika B, I am very sorry that you grade all of our services based on the unfortunate fact that you had lost your I Pad. I just have to let you know that we do take very seriously a complaint like the one you had, as it does not happen at this hotel. We not only checked the room and verified the lock reading, but went to the room with you and offered to call the police so that you could file a report, even though we found no proof of any robbery. We did address your concern the first time you called and we even told you that we had found your credit card at the front desk when you had the incident with the taxi driver that brought you to the hotel, but you didn’t care to give us your address, so that we could mail it to you. Please let us know if this is something you are interested in, so that we can proceed to mail the card.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I arrived in miami on schedule ,shuttle was there to pick me up n transport to the hotel ,customer service was excellent ,my stay was awesome ,rooms n housekeeping very clean n friendly ,i stayed for 10 days n I really enjoy my stay ,my only issue was dat it was to far frm any enterainment spent a lot of money on cabs but overall I had da best vacation ever,will I stay again yes I will but not for more than a couple days

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dear guest, thanks for your comments. Hopefully you will be back soon. I wanted to ask you to please see me next time you are here so that I can personally let you know from all the entertainment around the area, so you don’t miss any of the Miami Style life! Also I would make sure you get a good deal on our onsite rent-a-car, which would definitely be a much better deal than paying for taxis in Miami.
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This was the second time I was staying in this Hotel. I was flying out to Europe the following morning and wanted to make sure that I stay around the airport, though I had some activities in downtown Miami and South Beach.
During my search, this Fairfield Inn came up with a very interesting rate, despite the fact that parking was not included; it was still interesting for the rate offered. So I booked a room.
From what I remember, my first experience with this hotel was very satisfactory, but I also remember that I barely slept there, as I went out almost the whole night and only came back to pack and leave in a rush. So I decided to give a real shot this time.
My flight landed in Miami around 11h25 AM, but 12h30 PM, I was out of the airport and decided to go to the hotel to see whether I could at least leave my luggage, go around and come back by 3pm for check-in. I was welcomed and greeted by a very nice staff with a smile on her face and asked her if there was any chance for an early check-in, if not I would just leave my luggage and come back later. I wasn’t even done talking when she told me that there was a room available for me and I could check-in! That alone, made my day!
I rented a car, and I knew parking was not free, but for the rate the room came with, it was Ok for me with an additional parking charge, which was around 11$. In less than 3 min, I was done with the check-in and all other details, and went to my room after parking the car in the underground parking which gives access to the elevator straight to different level of the hotel.
I was happy and so satisfied when I got into my room. It was very large, clean and beautifully colored. I opened up my luggage and placed stuff all over the room, and I still had a lot of space around.
The bathroom was spacious and clean, with the regular amenities. There was a small fridge in the room, an iron, a ironing table but no safe. I didn’t need the safe, so I didn’t bother to ask whether they had one at the reception.
The internet is free of charge, which is always a plus when traveling and holding a laptop, IPad or any device with a wireless option. So I have used it conveniently to stay in touch with folk and update details of my journey.
I needed to go to the nearest post office, on my went out, instead of wasting time to look into my GPS, I asked at the front desk and they gave me in seconds a print out of the nearest post office. I really appreciated it.
The hotel also offers a complimentary breakfast, which I didn’t get to use as I didn’t feel like eating in the morning, But I passed by to have a look of what they have, and I could tell that they had all the basic stuff and more…I would probably give that breakfast moment a shot next time I stay there.
Overall, I had a very satisfactory experience at Fairfield Inn Marriot in MIA, and I would not only recommend it to anyone transiting in Miami, but I would definitely stay there again. With the quality of service I got there compared to the rate, It’s worth it!

Room Tip: If you have a car, park in the underground parking, you have a direct access to the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mot-De-Pass
What can I say?, you took the time to describe so much detail of your stay with us, that on our staff meeting everyone was so motivated, and that alone made my day. It’s for our guests, and to leave a good memory with them, the main reason why all of us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami work the way we do every day. ...Thank You very much!
Lille, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The hotel was very close to the airport, though the planes were not flying directly over it, so we were not bothered by the noise, contrary to other hotels we stayed in next to airports.

The room was very clean and very nice. The breakfast was very good.

The only drawback is that parking is not complimentary : there is a 11$ fee and we didn't feel the area safe enough to park the rental car outside the parking hotel.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for an airport stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nummy2
Thank you for your recommendation and we will be here waiting to see you again.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I had to overnight in Miami due to a missed flight in another city. I went online and did a search, and the Fairfield Inn & Suites came up. I checked out other reviews, and booked it. The shuttle came and got me, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that after I had called the hotel to ask about the shuttle, they had already checked me in. I just took my key and went to the spacious and comfortable room. I didn't spend much time; just one night. However, should I return to Miami, I will definitely stay at this hotel again. Pleasant and helpful staff. Complimentary Wi-Fi. The breakfast is simple, but that's minor. I'm only sad that I didn't get into town much earlier so I could've enjoyed the room a little longer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo