“Great surprise”

Neighborhood: Wynwood - Edgewater
Miami, Florida
“Great surprise”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I live close to Bengal and decided to give it a try for dinner. The decor is not fancy but the service is excellent and the food is delicious. The portions are very good too. We had chicken, shrimp, bread and vegetables. I'm not an expert in Indian food but I found it very tasty and good. I'll go back to try more options of the menu.

Visited June 2014

Sarasota, Florida
“Great Indian cuisine”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I would have liked a little more in the dish like other Indian restaurants, but boy was it delicious! Would definitely go back and recommend. Onion bahjis were great and the lamb vindaloo & chicken rogen josh were incredible.

Visited June 2014
Vienna
“Perfect Indian food in Miami close to Bayside”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We found this indian gem via google when we wanted to have indian dinner during our stay.
Found this one, having the best ratings and did not disappoint.
Location is very close to Bayside and the Hilton on Biscaye Boulevard. Located in a modern loft-style location.

Staff is perfectly friendly and we had various starters and main courses and all of them were just perfect. Good sized portions and great taste.

We will come back for sure, highly recommended for lovers of good indian food.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank ViennaMichael
Fredericton, Canada
“Fresh naan and lassi awaits!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We unfortunately missed the lunch buffet (11am - 3pm), but were pleased to find a comprehensive menu to meet our needs. All sauces were delicious and authentic, and the naan was fresh from the oven! I've enjoyed many indian restaurants in multiple cities - Bengal does not disappoint. The restaurant was nearly empty during out visit, so service was above expectation. Don't forget to wash it all down with a mango lassi!

One final note if you will be driving, there is free parking in the back. There is a sign on the window, but it is nearly impossible to see if you are paying attention to the traffic on Biscayne Blvd.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Jeremy D
Miami, Florida
“good indian food”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I went to Bengal for lunch with a friend. We were planning on going for a while. They offer buffet or a la carte. We went with the menu. I have to say that service was definitely friendly and helpful. Food was definitely on the better side. They offer many options of meats, goat, lamb, chicken, seafood, and great variety of vegetarian dishes. We had chicken kebab, allo bread - delicious, and for main course I had potato/chickpeas curry dish and my friend had spicy Masala chicken dish. As a server said, mild spicy Indian food is extremely spicy American food - so be careful. The only flop were the desserts. Rice pudding was too watery, and I had cheese/nuts dessert that kinda tasted artificial. Still I had great time and if I ever crave Indian food, I am going to be back.

• Visited September 2013