All reviewswet deckcomplimentary bottle of champagnerooftop poolbrickell areaamazing roomnice balconycorner suitewalking distancefantastic hotela wonderful stayhotel guestswhole foodson south beachcity viewwater pressurebusiness hotelroom service
Reviewed July 4, 2016 via mobile

the last time I stayed at this hotel is when it was the Viceroy, which was about 3 years ago, but I was very skeptical about staying again because after looking at all the reviews that the hotel has recently received. I decided to book anyway, because how awesome it actually was when I stayed 3 years ago. The staff was amazing! I called the day before to book a bigger room, but they were completely booked for the weekend; but the same day I got a call to let me know that they changed my reservation and moved me to the room I asked for COMPLIMENTARY! I was beyond happy and so thankful. The front desk was so friendly and so accomadating! The reviews that I have read are definitely not matching up because my stay was amazing! Can't wait to go back and enjoy more :)

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
Hotel-WMiami, General Manager at W Miami, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2016

Dear Blake M,

Thank you for sharing some feedback about your recent W Miami experience.

I hope you enjoyed the Bieber concert! Many of our guests often love the location of our downtown property and enjoy the many perks of being in the heart of Brickell; just walking distance of the American Airlines Arena or even Mary Brickell Village.

I am glad that you decided to return with us and it was a pleasure to read that our front desk team was friendly and accommodating which in all helped to ensure you had a most memorable and enjoyable experience. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our guests’ experience is seamless and we certainly achieved this goal with you.

From all of us at W Miami, we thank you for your wonderful recommendation and look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 4, 2016

We stayed one night from July 2.-3. 2016. We arrived alredy at 1000 hrs, but the front desk checked us in and even upgraded us to one of their condos at the 19th floor. The condo was held in modern, white colors with large, shiny tiles that gave a luxurious feeling to the rooms. Separate bedroom with a fantastic bed and separate telvision.. Full kitchen facilties. Very little noise from the traffic. Free w-fi. As a keen photographer I got som very nice cityscape shots from the large balcony, facing North. Further, the day after, we had a late flight out of Miami and spent the afternoon at the pool at the 15th floor. Very nice view. We will definitely og back

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple

Dear roru1000,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your review on TripAdvisor.

It was certainly a delight to read your review from beginning to end. I was proud to see that our front desk team managed to get you checked in right away into the residences and it was a pleasure to see that you enjoyed the hotel amenities and facilities.

Thank you for coming all the way from Norway and choosing to stay with us! We definitely can’t wait to have you visit again soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

As of June 2016 The Viceroy miami has now become the new W in Brickell miami. Beautiful hotel, well appointed rooms, luxurious water lounge/spa, perfect location, but the standard "W" level of service has not been mastered yet by the Viceroy staff. As a SPG I live by "whenever whatever". I understand they are currently going through the rebranding stage, however the viceroy was still considered a 4/5 star hotel. I guess my biggest gripe was with house keeping... had to call the front desk everyday for basics like... refills on coffee and condiments, clean glasses, My daily complimentary bottles of water were not replenished, wasnt properly replenished with bliss toiletries as well.
The service from Miguel the door and valet attendant was top notch. Miguel was so helpful as well as the front desk concierge

Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
Hotel-WMiami, General Manager at W Miami, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2016

Dear Crystal G,

Thank you for sharing your comments from your recent stay and I thank you for your patience throughout this transition.

It was a pleasure to learn that the service that you received from our superstar Miguel was top notch as well as the helpful service you received from the front desk concierge. We pride ourselves on achieving this level of feedback from our guests and I will be sure to share this with their teams as I know they will certainly appreciate it.

I was disappointed to learn about the service rendered unto you by housekeeping. This is no way represents the level of service that we strive to give our guests. Rest assured I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping Director to ensure that this does not occur with guests in the future.

I hope that you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back to W Miami in the not too distant future. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly so I may personally ensure that your next stay with us will be as comfortable and enjoyable as it can possibly be.

Reviewed July 1, 2016

Excited to have the W Miami as a new addition to the Starwood portfolio down in South Florida. Enjoyed a great one-night staycation and amazing hospitality from Giancarlo (Welcome Desk), Jorge (Concierge) and Hannika (Welcome)!

The pool is what made it for me. We checked in late and only got to spend some time down there, but WOW. Definitely look forward to coming back and spending more time on a sunny Miami day.

Ate dinner at 15th and Vine - restaurant wasn't too busy, but the food was great. Excited to see how this property transitions as a W!

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with friends

Dear Guillermo A,

Thank you for your wonderful review!

Our 300ft infinity pool often leaves our guests speechless and has been known to create wonderful memories long after our guests have checked out. I am glad that you got to experience this.

Thank you for publicly recognizing our talent! Giancarlo, Jorge and Hannika are just a few of the superstars we have at W Miami, who will be delighted and proud of your comments. We are always excited to see our guests give recognition to our staff for their hard work and passion.

We are glad that you are excited for the new W in Miami and we can’t wait to have you back for more memories in the near future.

Reviewed July 1, 2016 via mobile

Negative : Room noisy, not sound proof Windows , room not clean, ( never had that in this category hotels ) uncomfortable bed looking like hospital bed with rubber under sheet, several little things like water tap not functioning, penny pitching on soap or water etc....
Not really smiling staff looking like unhappy to work for this brand.
Positive : swimming pool , location.
I slept in many others hotels in this area, all 5 stars, this one is far under, and really doubting on W hotels quality.
I gave my comments when I left to the manager, very polite answers but not really adapted to the situation and complaining with a hard music sound in the hall to cover the renovation going on was not necessary.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled on business

Dear gervaisi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I am glad that our location shed a positive light on your stay with us. Our location has been known to be a good home base for anyone who wants to have the full Miami experience: South Beach nightlife, Bal Harbor or Coral Gables high end shopping, new and exciting dining experiences – now available by Brickell and in the Design District, etc.

I was disappointed with the inconveniences you received as this is certainly not the level of service that we pride ourselves on achieving at W Miami. The missed opportunity to provide you with a seamless experience is one that we can never abide by.

I understand that given your recent experience, you may chose not to come back to W Miami but I do hope that we can change your mind at some point in the future! Should you give us the opportunity to regain your confidence; I ask that you reach out to me directly at gm.wmiami@starwoodhotels.com. It would be my pleasure to personally assist in providing you with a most comfortable and enjoyable W experience.