“Okay stay.”

Quality Inn Miami Airport
Ranked #91 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Me and my best friend wouldn't really stay here again. The stay was pretty okay. We have to switch rooms because the toilet wasn't working. We went down to the front desk to let them know the situation. Once we got back the toilet still wasn't fixed, & it was suppose to while we were out. The new room was better where we stayed for those two nights. Except the handle always came off the bathroom door. But the stay wasn't that bad and next to restaurtants and not far from the airport or Miami Springs.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Catiana B
Eduardo S, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2014

Reviewed August 5, 2014

While not having high expectations for this hotel when I booked, I was a bit disappointed when I got there. Since I was there for two nights and wasn't planning on being on premises for most of that time, I overlooked a lot of things (which I probably should not have).

The room had a damp and mouldy smell and the carpet was damp to the touch. The room had no ventilation and I had to prop the door open a few times to allow fresh air in and out. The toilet in the room had a broken handle and sometimes the water would be running until you shake the handle. There was water on the corridors which seems to be coming from some of the rooms.

I will give credit where credit is due, the staff is friendly and very helpful. The shuttle for the airport pick up came within a reasonable time of being called from the airport and getting to the airport was a breeze. They do contract out the service of taking guests to the mall, but that service too was not as bad as I expected. The bus was delayed one day due to mechanical difficulties but that can happen to any motor vehicle.

The hotel seems to be undergoing renovations, so I am hoping that these issues would be fixed in good order.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Shelldon
Eduardo S, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

greetings as mentioned in your comments the hotel is currently working in renovations to improve the quality of our guest stay. It is sadly to hear that you didnt have th pleasent stay you may have required and for taht we would defenetily would like to apoligize, I thank you for your comments as they help us improve for better. We hope that you may give us another opportunity in the future to have the stay you deserve.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

The name is a bit pretentious considering the condition of the hotel. Looks OK downstairs but the room leaves something to be desired. Issues - initially door would not open with key card, once it did, was tough to open. Room was a bit dingy, nothing fancy but acceptable for an overnight stay. The tub leaked and we could not get it to stop - results in lots of wasted water. The elevator worked on arrival and promptly broke down soon afterwards. Goods - well service was friendly and efficient and helpful. The breakfast was quite fine, in fact better than expected (eggs, bacon, toast, cereal, juice and much more). The shuttle was punctual although one might question some of the driving habits on the way to the hotel - the return trip to the airport was with a different driver and done much more appropriately. The distance from the airport is deceptive as I suspect they measure from the far side of the airport, not from the terminal exit - even so, it only took about 15 to 20 minutes either way. Overall, not a hotel I would return to but the price was right for the one night's experiment. Oh and wear shoes or sandals as the carpeting is rather dirty - time for a bit more housekeeping.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Jessica M, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Ray

I apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay. We did had a problem with the elevator that we did fix unfortunatly it was during your stay. We are renovating all the bathrooms and we are shampoing the carpets in order for this to not be an issue no more. Thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience.

Best Regards

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We booked a package deal with Stay123.com that included our pre-cruise night, 22 nights of parking in the hotel lot, and the shuttle to the cruise port. We were very pleasantly surprised with the room we were assigned which was the closest one on the bottom floor to the office area. We had no noise problems.. Our non-smoking room was was clean and well-equipped with a microwave and coffee maker with coffee and tea supplies. My husband enjoyed the included breakfast buffet while I slept in and just had some hot tea he brought back for me, although i made my second cup of tea with the machine in the room. When we talked to the front desk clerk we found out that the hotel is under new management and they are are no longer offering more than 7 nights included parking, but they honored our pre-paid deal. We felt we had received an excellent value. When we returned from our transatlantic cruise and time in Europe, the hotel van picked us up at the airport after we called them. Then the driver dropped us off right by our car which was just as we left it. If circumstances could be duplicated we would stay at this hotel again before a cruise. The staff was very friendly and helpful!

Room Tip: Our room faced the freeway and was the closest one on the first floor to the office area, but was ve...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lambs2

Dear Guest,

On behalf of our entire staff we would like to thank you for all the excellent feedbacks regarding your stay and for taking the time to write them down. Hope to see you soon in the future and to make a better impact on your next stay with us.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

This hotel was not anything special but it was a great room for our needs. We booked the cruise package which included free parking for a week and transportation to the port. The hotel is right next to the airport so you will hear lots of planes overhead. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. I can not say enough how NOT to use the transportation they recommend using coming back from the cruise. The company is DORAL Tours and they were not professional and lacked any type of urgency.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Alicia,
Thank you for your feedback regarding the shuttle coming back from the Port. I will like to apologize for the inconvenience you had with them and I will defenetly talk to them for better results. Since we are nect to the Airport you are going to hear during the day a liitle noise from airplanes.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We booked this hotel because they allow you to park there while cruising, and offer shuttle service. It isn't worth it. If you do research, there are safe and trustworthy parking options that are better.

When we first booked the room, we were told it was $5 each for the shuttle each way. We called a few days before arrival to ask follow-up questions and were told it was $10 each way. They said they contract with a shuttle company and don't control prices. Finally they agreed to honor the $5 price to get us to the port, but couldn't do anything about the return trip. Then, when we arrived we were told it was $12 each for the shuttle. We did get the $5 per person to get there, after some discussion. On the return trip we found a different shuttle that was less than $12 each.

The rooms are overpriced and not very nice. The a/c never got our room cold, it just barely kept us from sweating. The ATM in the hotel was broken and they didn't seem to care. They told me I'd have to just go find another one and they couldn't do anything about it.

We found a rusty fish hook stuck in the carpet of our room. Thankfully I was able to dig it out before someone stepped on it, but not before it stuck my finger.

Breakfast was mediocre. We made waffles but the syrup tasted so bad we had to throw them out. The other food was just ok, the bacon was soggy and the eggs were bland.

There are better rooms in Miami for the money. Safecruiseparking.com has good rates and free shuttles for the Port of Miami. This was far from what I expected for a Quality Inn. The next time we cruise out of Miami, we will not stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank BarryIrish

Dear Mr. Barry,

I apologize for all the inconveniences you had during your stay. I will mention your complaint to all the departments for a better resolution to all the problems. We are remodeling the bathrooms of all the rooms. for a better appereance. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay and hope you give us a second chance.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This hotel is seriously outdated. I would not recommend staying here. Walls and doors were grimy. Bathrooms had mould around tiles. Garbage on floor, water was dingy. Lights didn't work. This hotel is way overpriced. Don't stay here.

Room Tip: There isn't one good room here.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Jamieson5
doralhotelgm, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you for your comment and I apologize for the inconvenience that you had during your stay. I will talk to my staff about your inconvenience and I appreciate your feedback.

Best Regards