“Disappointed”

Quality Inn Miami Airport
Ranked #93 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We chose this hotel for the "Stay and Cruise" package.
Upon arrival, the room was ok but the carpet was wet outside the bath room door. There was paint missing from the bathroom wall and the bathtub didn't look that clean, but we had showered earlier in the day and were tired, as we arrived late, so didn't bother asking for a room change. To be honest, I just thought they cleaned the carpets earliler in the day and they hadn't dried totally.
In the morning, the carpet was even wetter and I noticed a bubble in the paint in the bathroom. I touched it and some water came out, so obviously there was a leak, which I let them know when we checked out.
Breakfast was ok and cruise parking is on the property, so we felt ok about leaving the car while we were gone.
The shuttle arrived on time and dropped us off in front of the cruise terminal and gave us info on contacting them to get back to the car/hotel after we returned.
Although the hotel is right across the highway from the highway, I really didn't hear any airplane noise or highway noises.
I might stay here again if we take another cruise out of Miami if the price was right, but I would arrive earlier and check out the room and request another if it looked anything like this one did.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, you might want to request a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
doralhotelgm, General Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn Miami Airport for your hotel accommodations in Miami and for taking the time to write your review about your recent stay. On behalf of the Quality Inn staff we would like to apologize for the problems you experienced in your room. I can assure you that the problem has been corrected. Please give us opportunity to demonstrate that provide clean and comfortable rooms. Despite the problem I am glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and transportation to the port.
We appreciate your business and we hope you consider us again in the future
Jessica Mendez

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We chose this hotel based on the free airport shuttle (which we decided not to use) and convenience to the airport on our stop over before heading to Key West. It was less than mediocre, at best.

You access all of the rooms on the first and second floor from the parking lot. This means there is a lot of outside noise and different restaurants would shove their flyers under your door all hours of the night.

There were no ice buckets and the front desk clerk said he would bring us one, but never did. The pillows were so uncomfortable that I didn't get a wink of sleep.

In the future, I would do a little bit more research and make sure I checked out the area before booking a hotel in Miami. There were questionable characters hanging around outside the hotel and no security. I would probably only come here again if I were desperate.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
doralhotelgm, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Good afternoon ,we would like to thank you for staying with us as well as providing comments regarding your stay. I apologize if you didn't feel comfortable during your stay. I do understand that it could be noisy since we are an outdoor hotel for the most and we are close to the airport as well.However our hotel is located in a safe area i we haven't had any issues regarding security cases. We do have security throughout different days of the week and we tend to not have any issues. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and commenting about us.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This hotel was nothing fancy, but just fine for a two night stay. The pool area was nice, and it was actually kind of fun to see the airplanes fly just over our heads. The rooms were clean. Service was fine. No complaints. Felt safe.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed here because of the convenience of a bus pickup to get to the ship for a cruise. The airport shuttle was a bit of a wait, but tolerable, but since it was after 10 when we got to the hotel, there was no place within walking distance to eat and we were starving! We called a number from a takeout menu in the room and ordered some quick food. I realized we were in an unsecure building when the delivery guy said he didn't need to be buzzed in to get to our room! All the floors were accessible from outside, bypassing the front desk! I did not rest easy after that and after a decent breakfast and a nice transfer via bus, we were happy to get to the ship.

Room Tip: Ask if the have updated rooms and secure doors.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
doralhotelgm, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments, I do understand that some of my guest may feel like is an unsecure place since the first and second floor rooms have acces from the outside; however we are located in a safe and secure area as well as we have a security guard on premises from late at night till morning. I will like to thank you for staying with us and apoligize if you didnt feel safe will staying with us.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Shuttle from airport runs hourly. Van needs to be repaired. Lobby smelled of cleaning solution. Hotel has a freezer so you can buy frozen food (at really high prices!) if you don't want to go out at night. Desk cIerk offered me fruit or yogurt in the morning as I left before breakfast.

Room comfortable but lots of outside noise. About 15 minutes from airport. The Sleep Inn was closer and less expensive.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your comments, we do apreciate you taking your time to provide us feedback in our service, we will take your comments and work upon them to improve our service as well as the quality off your stay.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Quality Inn Airport, Miami was convenient and clean. The staff was very friendly.The double room was small and breakfast was marginal but not worse than many similar continental type offerings. I would stay there again if I needed to be in Miami for only a day or two.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
doralhotelgm, Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you. We really appreciate you taking the time to post a comment. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

It has spacious rooms, despite the fact that the room for breakfast not enough for so many guests. 3 days (2+1) we were there, because then we would go for a cruise, so for a stay of only 3 nights it was reasonable. Staff was very nice with the exception of what happened on the disappearance of 5 pieces of my husband’s clothing, good an very expensive clothing (3 pairs of trousers, 2 very expensive, a long sleeve silk shirt, and another short sleeve, plus another pair of trousers ( sportive Type) all in European style, that have disappeared from the inside of the room.
I reported the issue at the front desk to the receptionist, and then without me knowing who was the person next to her who was also listening to my displeasure, it was the Manager, listening, and didn’t make un effort to enter the conversation in order to find out how the clothing have disappeared, nor to apologize for what happened, or for our loss.

Room Tip: Never room 327 because its near a vender ICE machine that makes a lot of noise all night.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
romulovallejo, Regional Vice-President of Operations at Quality Inn Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. First of all, your perception is our reality. I read with concern about the incident you report related to your personal items being lost while staying at our property.

At our hotel we take pride on having a safe environment for our guests and their belongings. We also take pride about our staff and management team taking care of our guests concerns with a professional and caring attitude.

We regret your experience and will do all possible to use your feedback for improving our guests satisfaction in the future.

Again thanks for your feedback.