WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel

Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel
Ranked #81 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Montreal
“Stayed here because of the AA system failure”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

American Airlines gave me a voucher for this hotel after their system failure caused me to stay overnight in Miami. I mostly want to mention that the front desk staff did a very good job of processing people quickly and courteously as they arrived in waves from taxis and the shuttle. Our room was adequate for our requirements. Most importantly, it was clean. There is a complimentary breakfast service, but no restaurant. Rooms have a microwave and one can purchase frozen dinners, among other things, next to the front desk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
doralhotelgm, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Good afternnoon i would like to thank you for your comments and I understand that you may have had an uncomforrtable day due to the airlines and feel apreciated that our staff was able to help you receive your room in a correct and quick manner. thank you for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
North Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was our 2nd stay withnthis property. The staff were all very friendly, specially the hotel manager who help made our reservation.
Complimentary breakfast is serving hot & w/ choices.
The room is clean but a little bit out dated.
There is a out door pool to cool you down.
For those light sleeper, the airplanes fly over your head regularly. It located near the end of runway.
We will stay here again when in Miami.
Special thanks to Jessica.

Room Tip: 1st floor room may a little bit less noise from airplanes passing by over your head.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
doralhotelgm, General Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Your welcome! Please visit us again soon and thank you for taking the time to write a review.
San Fernando, Trinidad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel for the past 10 years - before it was the Fairfield Inn. We return here because of the excellent service, affordable rates and good location. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff pleasant and very accommodating. the Manager is always willing to assist in making her guests as comfortable as possible.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor are easier for the not so young traveller.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
doralhotelgm, Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for letting us be your #1 choice. We are always happy to have you stay with us.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good deal for the money. After tax, under $180 for room, breakfast, free ONE-WAY port shuttle, and 7 days' parking, but room was not very clean looking or smelling.

Paint on the entry door was peeling off in sheets from top to bottom. Bathroom looked wiped down but not deep cleaned. Airplanes flew VERY low and LITERALLY EVERY 3-5 MINUTES between the hous of 7:00 am and 11:00 pm. Was NOT as close to port or airport as ideal (about 20 mins). Cost $40 to get back to car.

BUT compared to other options, was the best deal for the money. Others were better accommodations (rooms) but WAY more expensive. Couldn't part with more money than we did for just one night.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your room. We have addressed the issue with the housekeeping department. Thank you for taking the time to post a comment as it is most helpful for improvements.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights for business related purposes. i was checked in by Fatima who is actually very welcoming, friendly and informative. Not only did she provide me with room at such an early time of day, but it was CLEAN & NOT NOISY! I travel alot and have such terrible experience not getting a room at an early check in time, but here it was no hassle here. The room was super clean, the housekeeping staff are very friendly. One of the mornings at breakfast, Jessica the manager greeted me and asked how was my stay. It felt nice. I am away from home time to time and having someone greet me and ask me how was my morning felt like I wasn't far. The breakfast lady made me a waffle and handed it me with a smile. I am advising my colleagues to stay here for our next meeting. For the amount that i paid my stay was very pleasant, It is not a luxury 5 Star hotel but the employees SURE ARE!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Beatriz L
doralhotelgm, Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future. We really appreciate you taking the time to post a comment. Thank You.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Okay, if you just need to stay for a night. Beyond that, look elsewhere. The rooms are dark and feel dirty, mainly from the carpet. I don't think they are as dirty as they feel.

If you have to go to the airport by the free shuttle, beware. The day we checked in we were told we did not need to make a reservation. The next morning we learn that we were not on the reservation list and that we would have to wait another hour or we could take a taxi.

Usually when I pay $185/night for a hotel I have much better service and better rooms. Unfortunately our stay was less than stellar. But at their request I am rating them on this site.

They did call a sister hotel to get an additional shuttle. They say one will come in time for our flight. I have very low confidence at this point...

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Sorry for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to the shuttle and the room. We are currently working on carpet cleaning. We have a company that comes three times a month to maintain the cleanness of the carpet but as you know the hotel is always busy with people coming in and out so the carpets will get dirty especially having exterior corridor rooms. We really appreciate your feedback as it is most useful and allow us to make improvements. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you give us another opportunity to show you we offer an affordable clean and comfortable rooms.
Cambridge, Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel the two nights before our cruise. The hotel is in a great location but is a bit dated and at first I wasn't super impressed and then I remembered that the price was outstanding and it had all of the required amenities (wifi, breakfast, pool and beds.....oh and a free shuttle and parking for the week all for around $150 per night. WOW! After looking at that you might wonder why I didn't give it 4 stars. Well, there were a few minor things that bothered us. We were not bothered by the planes flying over as this is aptly named an "airport" hotel, meaning that it is close to the airport, so we expected that. I'm not sure what some of the other reviewers were expecting there. The issues we had were around the few unsavoury characters booked into the hotel during our stay (not the hotels fault how would they know their guests would get drunk and rowdy?). One early morning we had a woman screaming obscenities below our window and the hotel did what they could. They asked her to stop and then, when she didn't, they called the police. (5 cruisers came and took her away). The other thing that rubbed me the wrong way was at the breakfast....the food was good the seating area was suitable and clean, but they cut the breakfast link sausages into small rounds in an attempt to make them go further. That felt a bit cheap to us. The other morning was ham, which I haven't seen at a hotel breakfast in North America before and it was a nice change from the sausage biscuit thing. A heated pool would have been nice as well. I also would suggest to the hotel that placing a gigantic sign on the window of my truck that advertises when I'm retuning from the cruise might be better changed to a numbered spot, front desk registration instead. It made us a little nervous about break-ins while we were away. As it turned out the hotel parking lot was well protected by security and most of the spots are near the front door of the hotel making it secure. Overall this hotel was great and we would stay there again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
doralhotelgm, Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
We apologize for the night of the screaming person. We don't understand what happen or who she was but we are glad to hear that you understand that the hotels is not at fault for what happen. I have addressed your concerns about the cut up sausage and we are going to make some changes. The parking decal that you put in the car is for every guest that registers so we are able to keep control of whom and how many cars we have parked in our parking lot. We just started with this program so maybe you seen some cars without it. Furthermore, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon. Thank you very much for taking the time to post a comment.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Blue Lagoon
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites
Quality Inn South at the Falls

Been to Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!