“Almost good...”

Quality Inn Miami Airport
Ranked #93 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This hotel is just O.K. if you are just staying for one night waiting for a flight, cruise or something like that. It is not as close to the airport terminal as you would expect, but for sure you will hear airplanes landing. If you arrive driving, the entrance is a little hard to find, there is a very small sign on the street, and you can get confused with the entrance to a Marriot. Rooms are clean, service is average, but you have breakfast and a shuttle to the airport if you need it included in the price.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
doralhotelgm, General Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback as it is most useful in our pursuit of total guest satisfaction and comment from costumer such as yourself allow us to make improvements. Also, I see you said that service is average and I would like know why the service was not excellent to you? Please send me an email to doralhotelgm@baywoodhotels.com.
Best Regards,
Jessica Mendez

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This "airport" hotel has all the noise you'd expect from such a location with none of the convenience. It is located at the back side of MIA, far from the entrance to the airport, at least a 20 minute drive with no traffic.
We got into MIA at night, headed to the spot where all the shuttles come by, then began to wait. We waited and waited, feeling more and more worried as all the other airport shuttles passed us and our children by repeatedly. Some of them even stopped to ask if we were okay after they'd seen us for the 3rd time.
I tried to get ahold of information through the Quality Inn phone customer service, but was told to go check the website after having me hold for 20 minutes.
I headed back out to wait and saw that the shuttle had finally shown up. After being yelled at to hurry up, we headed on our way. We drove and drove, heading into a shady neighborhood about 20 minutes from the airport entrance.
At the check-in desk we found out that the shuttle only shows up every hour or so, and that it also did not start running until 7:00 a.m., making it worthless for anyone catching an early flight. We dealt with the rude employees, then headed to our room to fall asleep to the noise of landing flights and the itching from an unknown bug's bites.
In short, everything looked right at first, but the quality, location and service were really terrible.
The highlight of our stay was catching a cab and leaving that place, since the shuttle wasn't running early enough. The cabby was super nice, so hey, at least we got to meet a cool person.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
doralhotelgm, General Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Sorry for the inconvience you encounter during your recent stay at the Quality Inn. I wish you would have stated in your comment via what booking source you booked your reservation, as they all disclose our phone number and web-site where you could have seen that our shuttle runs on demand. Meaning to call the hotel for a shuttle pick-up and our hotel is only 6 miles from Miami International Aiport in the City of Doral. Our shuttle runs daily from 6 am to 12 midnight and leaves on the hour every hour to the airport. I wish you would have reach out to me, during your stay. Once again I apologize for the inconviences

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Don't compromise your health and waste your money here! I usually like staying at Quality Inns. I found a deal on line for a room that would let us keep our car at the hotel and transport us to the cruise terminal at a great rate. The hotel was behind a nice Marriott Courtyard which was confusing at first. At first glance the building looked ok, but as we walked up the stairs to our room the wall supporting the stairs was crumbling away showing the supports and frame under it. The hall to the room was freezing, the carpets were filthy with cigarette butts on the ground and smelled musty and damp. The room was a little better, but not much and when we tried to sign into the free internet with our wireless it was too weak to connect. I spent 20 mins on the phone with their internet support trouble shooting the problem to find out that the router on our floor was broken and that the office staff would have to fix it, which never happened. The next morning I didn't make it down to breakfast but was told it was not impressive. While we waited over 45 min to get our shuttle to the cruise terminal 2 other services to other places came and left and 2 taxis came through for other clients waiting all without our shuttle even showing up. We spent $37 on a taxi to the cruise terminal and were very glad we did. The others who were waiting with us showed up over an hour after we were on our cruise ship. The amount of money waisted at this hotel we could've stayed at a nice hotel parked at the cruise terminal and had a nicer experience!

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Guest On behalf of Quality Inn, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay. We strive to ensure our guest experience the best visits possible during their travels and for that reason were are currently renovating the exterior part of the hotel. Also, I have addressed your concerns about the seaport transportation and considering in changing the company we are currently using. To prove to you that we take every complaint seriously, we would like to refund the $37 you paid for the taxi. We hope you will come again to see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please contact me or send an email to doralhotelgm@baywoodhotels.com for the refund. Thank you. Sincerely, Jessica Mendez

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I checked in late around 2 am. The hotel is in a hard to find location and in a very sketchy part of town. The front desk staff was sitting in a different room with her, I'm assuming boyfriend, on the couch watching a movie. I had to ask for help in order to check in to my room. I asked for information about if they had luggage carts available and she answered with, "Yeah, I'm sure they are around here I don't know where though." The next day they were extremely rude at check out. No one was in uniforms or had name tags on. Overall a terrible experience! I would not stay here ever again and I will make sure to let people know how bad this place is.

1  Thank WyoTravler13
doralhotelgm, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Good afternoon I definitely would like to apologize if you experienced such a situation while staying with us, I will make sure to speak to my front desk staff and making sure that they do their job the way they were taught. regarding the uniform that’s a violation of our work code so I definitely appreciate the comments and ill make sure to get this aspects solved, I would like to apologize for all the inconveniences you might have experienced and we would definitely would like to thank you for having to choose to stay with us and even though you had a bad stay your information provided will help us improve our aspects, sorry and thank you again.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Last minute changes to our plans had us looking for a hotel for 1 night pre-cruise in Miami. Found a good value in the Quality Inn at Miami International Airport. Clean room, good parking, lots of restuarants nearby. Easily booked online.

Room Tip: Within walking distance, lots of restuarants nearby.
1  Thank BarbeeAL
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

I was there just one night and it was absolutely awful never considered to stay in this hotel. Smelly rooms, bad service, dirty rugs and sheets, dirty bathroom, expensive (145 per night) never will consider it an option.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Good stay. Clean and comfy room - fridge and microwave included. Complimentary breakfast more than filled us up, to get our day off right - plus round the clock coffee was a treat. Shuttle to and from the airport. Now worries. Staff very very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends