New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel

Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel
Ranked #75 of 120 Hotels in Miami
Brasilia, DF
“Nice choice for low cost”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a shopping/tourism trip, it was part of a very cheap package with airplane ticket and a few nights at this hotel. Because this package was so cheap, I expected this hotel to be a poor choice and to my surprise it wasn't.

Both check in and check out were fast and easy and the staff was kind to me, however, there was some problem with the room key, and EVERY single night we needed to ask at the reception to fix the room key (it was a card actually)

Sleep quality was very good, because te air conditioner was good and the bed was very soft with lots of pillows, perfect combination for me. Al the room was clean, including the bathroom. The room had lots of space, but the only problem is that my room had low wi-fi signal and the internet was only available in the bathroom or close to the door. The breakfast was in a small space, and the choices were limited. Since I love waffles, It was very good for me.

The hotel location is not the best, but you must consider a few things. If you are looking for tourism, this hotel is a bit far from most touristic sites of Miami, and it is probably not a good choice. If you have a car, it is close to highways and almost free of heavy traffic, which tend to be in the opposite direction, which means you can go everywhere. If you want to go shopping in outlets, it is very close to Dolphin mall. Sawgrass Mills is far from everything, but is close to highway, so this hotel has location good for shopping.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Fraianeli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

First, we were pleased with both the hotel (a little run down and noisey but who cares), the breakfast, parking for our trip, and the shuttle to the airport. These were on Oct. 14/15 (shuttle)

Coming back was a different story. We called the office with our luggage ready, and were told where to be. Office said the driver was actually at the airport and looking for us. We then saw him drive past in the outer lane and ignore us. This happened 3 times. Each time, we called the office and were informed he "just left". We also tried to talk to the manager, and were sent to voice box. My husband saw him unloading the van with drop offs, and actually confronted him about not picking us up. He wasn't apologetic at all, just said he would be back. The 4th time, he did pick us up and we all rode in silence back to the hotel. We had been standing on the curb waiting almost 2 hours. Notice to hotel - this was Nov. 30 from around 2-4 and the driver was a short, greasy, rude man about 65. HE IS THE PROBLEM.

Room Tip: Back off street will have less noise
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank shirley c
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on a romantic getaway to the carribean as we past through Miami, not a bad hotel, rooms were clean, comfy, good value and near the airport, there was plenty of parking and it's about 15-20min drive to Miami beach

Only problem people might have is the hotel is directly below the landing stip of the airport, basically planes are flying overhead 24 hours a day and as its the last property before the airport the planes feel like they are only 20feet above the hotel.. So not only do you hear them but you can feel them vibrate in the rooms.. I personally thought it was great, but I understand some people would rather the heads up

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Abaker25
West Palm Beach, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel prior to a trip to Haiti for a medical missions trip. I needed to park my motorcycle for ten days, while in Haiti, so this looked like a good idea. My room was clean, and about average for Quality Inn. At breakfast there was no orange juice, the boiled eggs were not quite cold, but not lukewarm either. The young lady who was taking care of the desk in the morning, spent a good bit of time watching "Married with Children" on the tv in the breakfast room. I didn't watch that drivel when it was on tv, never mind reruns. I would have preferred a news channel. My motorcycle was safe and secure on my return. My pickup at the airport on my return was a disaster. I waited almost an hour and a half for the shuttle. The driver said traffic was the problem, but not from what I could see, as we returned to the hotel in less than 20 minutes. He also said he needed to get fuel, but the fuel gauge showed only half a tank, when he picked me up. Someone is lying!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Geogmth
doralhotelgm, Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
As the general manager of the Quality Inn, I want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the airport shuttle and I have addressed your concerns with our driver and breakfast host. We really appreciate your feedback as comments from customer such as yourself allow us to make improvements.
Thanks,
Jessica Mendez
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I recommend this hotel, well located, clean, well-educated staff, friendly, attentive, breakfast simple but very good, shuttle service hotel / airport and airport / hotel transportation to the Dolphin mall.
It is worthwhile!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rita S
Guayaquil, Ecuador
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Location is good but quality of the hotel does not compensate the price. There are other hotels at same price that provide better quality. Bathroom was too small and the carpet in the bedroom was dirty. If you travel by yourself for just one night is ok but I would not recommend it if you plan to do shopping or if you travel with kids.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Maria M
Natalia F, Manager at Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear Guest,
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to your stay. Here at the Quality in we work hard in keeping the condition of our rooms fresh and clean. Also, we have a company that comes and cleans are carpets twice a month, so I apologies you had to experience a room with dirty carpets but I hope you can understand that people check in and out everyday so its hard to maintain a clean carpet everyday. I would like for you to give us another opportunity to show our improvements.
Thanks,
Jessica Mendez
Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I booked online far in advance and got a really good rate that I couldn't refuse. I was not disappointed. My wife and I went on a cruise and then stayed on in Miami for five days for some shopping. This hotel was just what we wanted. Good price, central location, comfortable room, wifi, pool, wonderful complementary beakfast. One day we got up after breakfast had closed, but the staff still got us somethings to eat, which we appreciated very much. We were out for the day shopping. The front desk staff were very helpful especially Mercedes and Jan Carlos. The phone in the room was not working properly but they changed it. The noise from planes flying overhead was not much of a bother. We had no particular problems and will definitely go back there.

Room Tip: Booking early probably helped
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nzl H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Regency Hotel Miami
#29 of 120 in Miami
4.0 of 5 stars 1,305 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport West

Been to Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!