Upon our arrival at the Residence Inn C.G., I was helping with the luggage & my husband checked us in. When we got to the room, it was not the King Suite with pullout bed we requested. I called downstairs, and they explained that they had given us the wrong room type. I explained that we had booked a King. She replied that she had the reservation and that's not what we booked. I explained that my husband was on speaker bluetooth in the car when we reserved, and we both know what we booked. She explained they don't even have a King room. I said, "How could you offer a King bed if you don't have it?" She replied, "Well, we have a King, but only in a suite with a pullout couch." I said, "But that's what I said we booked!" to which she replied, "No, you didn't. Besides, we can't give you that room anyway. It's booked." After slapping my head, I gave up for now- we were due to meet the family that asked us to stay at this hotel to be close to them. First, my husband called to ask them why we couldn't connect our wireless devices. They connected us to IT who put us on hold for 15 minutes. He them explained that we had too many devices connected. My husband explained that we had only arrived in the room, and had NO devices connected. The IT guy kept telling us we had to disconnect our extra devices. Again my husband tried to explain, a third time, the IT said the same. My husband was in disbelief at this conversation and we gave up, again, for now.
A few hours later, we called the hotel before we went back to try & resolve the room situation. A man named Corey explained to me that I had booked this room. Again I explained that I would not have booked a double, since we only book King. He was so condescending, it was incredible. I finally asked, "Corey…has reservations at Marriott EVER made a booking mistake? I am just curious." He admitted that yes, they had. So I asked him if it was at all possible that they had made a mistake. He admitted yes, it was. So when I tired to ask him to book us into the correct room, his answer was? (drumroll, please…) "WELL, Ma'am…THIS is the room you booked!" *sigh*... fellow Trip Advisors…I was out of there. Not only are they incapable of customer service, the rooms are sad and small, there was hair in the sink I had to clean out, the halls are drab and dim, and besides the incredible location (which is incredible) , do not expect anything from this hotel. They should take a lesson from Marriott Jacksonville at Mayo that I stopped in recently which was stellar on every level. Better yet, they could take a lesson from the wonderful Hyatt Coral Gables that checked us in an hour later with no hassle, and all class.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove is situated in the beautiful and historic village of Coconut Grove, just south of downtown Miami and steps away from Coral Gables and Cocowalk. Each of our sleek and modern suites feature a full kitchen, separate living area with pull-out sofa and balcony with breathtaking views of Coconut Grove. Enjoy complimentary breakfast, weekday evening socials, relaxing swims in our outdoor pool and stay in shape in our fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove Hotel Miami
- Residence Inn Coconut Grove
- Coconut Grove Residence Inn