I stayed at the Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove for more than two weeks on business, so I got to know the property pretty well.
The location is very convenient, and my room was clean, quiet and roomy - although decorated in standard nondescript hotel style.
The staff is great at this location. Helpful, polite and responsive. The 'business center' is two computers and a printer, but if you need anything else, they are glad to provide it.
I saw a lot of families during my stay, and this strikes me as a great hotel for a family trip. It's inexpensive, clean, has all the necessary amenities (diy waffle maker at breakfast) and is within walking distance of a bunch of restaurants, and activities (a rarity in Miami). There is a (very) small gym, two (very) small pools, and a laundry room on the premises.
Things to keep in mind:
There is NO room service. Not a big deal because of the full kitchens in the rooms, but when you are working long hours, you need to plan ahead. Some local restaurants deliver, but the selection is limited.
The hotel is pet-friendly. I saw absolutely no evidence of pet hair in my room, but if you have allergies, you might want to contact the hotel ahead of time to double check your accommodations.
The W-Fi is free, but like most hotels it goes through some sort of gateway. In my case, my gmail accounts did not like the application that you must use to access the internet and I was locked out of my email due to "suspicious activity" until I got to a wired connection and re-set my accounts.
The elevator is THE SLOWEST in history. It's almost funny. I try to stay on the top floor of hotels when I can because it's usually quieter, but waiting for the elevator became an item in my daily itinerary so I could be sure that I left enough time for it. And why is it that hotel TVs never have an on-screen guide?
This is not a romantic hotel to sleep in late. The mornings tend to be noisy between cleaning staff in the corridors, doors slamming and trucks outside, but for business or family travel, it's a gem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Coconut Grove is situated in the beautiful and historic village of Coconut Grove, just south of downtown Miami and steps away from Coral Gables and Cocowalk. Each of the sleek and modern suites at our Coconut Grove hotel in Miami, Florida features a full kitchen, separate living area with pull-out sofa and balcony with breathtaking views of Coconut Grove. Enjoy complimentary breakfast, weekday evening socials, relaxing swims in our outdoor pool and stay in shape in our fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Coconut Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove Hotel Miami
- Residence Inn Coconut Grove
- Coconut Grove Residence Inn