I have to start out by stating that we travel a lot and prefer to stay at Marriott brand hotels. We have stayed at a lot of different Residence Inn hotels over the past 5 years, but this one was a major disappointment. When I walked in the door to check in, the guy at the front desk just kind of looked at me, he didn't ask "Hi, how may I help you?. He just looked at me. I told him we had reservations. Being Gold members, I would have thought he would have been a little friendlier once he looked up our reservation. But this was not the case. I figured he must be having a bad day and I wasn't going to let it ruin the beginning of my vacation. We booked a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite because we had 5 adults. Let's just say this wasn't a typical 2 br/2bath suite at a Residence Inn. The building is very old and the doors open to the outside, kind of like a motel. The living room was very small, definately not big enough for the 5 of us to sit around. The kitchen was nice, the bathrooms were small. The room had a stale smell, almost like it hadn't been rented for a while. About 30 minutes after we checked in, we discovered that there was feces on the outside of the toilet. I immediately called the front desk and housekeeping arrived within 3 minutes of my call. They were very apologetic. I wasn't too upset because the bathroom was very small and I don't think they would have seen it unless they stood out in the hallway and looked at the toilet. The breakfast was very good. My main complaint was that the carpets were very worn, the room smelled closed up and the bedding was not the usual Marriott quality. The pull out couch was very bad. I don't recommend anyone to use this as a bed. We paid over $300 for this room, it wasn't worth over $150 a night. We only spent one night here, if we had reservations for more than one night I would have seriously reconsidered staying the second night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Coconut Grove is situated in the beautiful and historic village of Coconut Grove, just south of downtown Miami and steps away from Coral Gables and Cocowalk. Each of the sleek and modern suites at our Coconut Grove hotel in Miami, Florida features a full kitchen, separate living area with pull-out sofa and balcony with breathtaking views of Coconut Grove. Enjoy complimentary breakfast, weekday evening socials, relaxing swims in our outdoor pool and stay in shape in our fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA and Agoda so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Coconut Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Miami Coconut Grove Hotel Miami
- Residence Inn Coconut Grove
- Coconut Grove Residence Inn