“Worst customer service experience ever from manager Stacey Adams”

Miami Marriott Dadeland
Ranked #70 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Apart from being a Marriott a Marriott Gold loyalty member and having a Marriott Visa credit card holder, my company travels to Miami about 2 to 3 times a month and for the most part, we stay at this hotel. Frequently we either receive a voucher for the breakfast downstair, sometimes we do pay for it, in which there is no problem at all. This time we were there for two days and we were given a breakfast voucher for both days. On the second day we were there, I gave the hostess our vouchers and proceeded to my table. She then told me that the omelette section wasn't part of our breakfast and if I wanted I had to pay $8. I told her that I have never seen such thing for all these years that we have stayed there. She asked me to talk to the front desk. When I got to the front desk and while explaining the situation to the clerk, this manager STACEY ADAMS, comes out of nowhere with the worst attitude ever and tells me that there is nothing they can do. At this point, I explained to her that it wasn't the $8 charge, it was the principle behind it. And if she was willing to put in jeopardy my relationship with the Marriott. On a very sarcastic way, she said there was nothing she could do. Apart from having zero customer service skills, STACEY ADAMS was extremely unprofessional, very bad attitude and certainly should not be given the title manager. I don't recall the last time I actually wrote a review and I am a very easy going person, but this time I couldn't let it go.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank TRBIG
DadelandMarriottMIA, Miami Marriott Dadeland at Miami Marriott Dadeland, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

TRBIG
Let me start by thanking you for your loyalty to Marriott and for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate your feedback regarding your most recent visit with us. We are glad that you use the Miami Dadeland Marriott and hope that you will continue to do so whenever you are in Miami.
Please accept our most sincere apologies for failing to provide you with the quality of service that you are familiar with from our hotel. As you know, it is our goal to exceed the expectations of our guests as you are our most valuable assets.
Our management team is already working with your comments and you will see the difference on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Miami Marriott Dadeland

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stay in a lot of Marriotts and this one was par for the course. Other than the main level, I thought the common parts were a bit tired and there was no soap in the bathroom area. However, I had requested an early check-in, which they were able to honor at 10:00 am, which was much earlier than I might have expected. We also found all the staff, from check in, restaurant, maids,etc. to be extremely polite and helpful. Service at most Marriotts is never bad but this place really had great staff. There was still a good breakfast buffet available in the restaurant on our arrival.

My biggest complaint was that the elevators were incredibly slow the next morning. We had to wait nearly 25 minutes for an elevator down to the lobby which actually had any room to fit my son and I (+ just 2 pieces of hand luggage). Thank god we had planned to check out with plenty of time to spare or we would have missed our shuttle to the airport. At $10.00 the airport shuttle was very convenient and a fair price.

I would definitely stay there again because of the excellent service but do be aware of the elevator issue!

Room Tip: The elevators were VERY slow in the morning so if you want to make a quick getaway, I'd go for a...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2014

It was just perfect. The buffet breakfast and luch were amazing with so many and different items to pick from.
It is at a walking distance to Dadeland Mall where you can go to eat and of course to shop.
The hotel offered a well priced schenduled shuttle to Dolphin Mall that was perfect for us.
It also provides a complimentary shuttle service from and to airport. You just have to call and confirm the time you are arriving so they pick you up.
The area is pretty quiet and safe.
All the stuff was amazing, really friendly and helpful specially the Colombian lady at the restaurant (whose name I can not rembember). I was a little bit sick and she got me some tea bags really late at night, because I could not go to any pharmacy or grocery store at that time.

Room Tip: Higher floors have amazing views
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Because of the vicinity of the Dadeland Mall, this hotel is quiet busy and can charge the rates they do. We have stayed in this hotel regularly, but every time we go there it is less to expectations.
Arriving there by car, nobody to take over your suitcases.The rooms are not maintained very well.
On the door to the room, the safety hinge nor the extra lock were functioning properly.
One of the bath towels was so thin, you could almost see through it. One piece of soap.
We like to eat fruit with our breakfast, but the variation offered is very limited, water melon,honeydo melon,cantaloupe,pineapple. No bananas or strawberries.If you go for shopping and do not mind the hotel, it is OK.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
DadelandMarriottMIA, Miami Marriott Dadeland at Miami Marriott Dadeland, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

It is wonderful to know that you are a long-time guest of the Miami Marriott Dadeland and we are working to keep you here! We are constantly reviewing our standards but also appreciate feedback from loyal guests such as yourself. The hotel is currently looking into a future renovation project. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

As a Marriott Platinum loyalty card holder I have stayed at many Marriott properties all over the world. I will not return to this property. Check in experience was not good. Rooms feel old. Lounge poor.
Shorty's Bar.B.Q just behind the hotel is a must. Great food and service, well priced. Made up for the disappointing hotel experience.
I was due to return a week later, but I cancelled and stayed at the Marriott Miami airport. Much better choice

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nobinomates
DadelandMarriottMIA, Miami Marriott Dadeland at Miami Marriott Dadeland, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Let me open by thanking you for your loyalty to the Marriott family. We are very concerned with your comments that we did not meet your expectations on this visit. We are reviewing arrival procedures in order to make the necessary adjustments. Renovations of the hotel rooms are being discussed and in our future plans. Our goal is to always meet and exceed your expectations and hope that you will give us the opportunity in the future to prove that we can deliver what we promise. Thank you once again for your valuable time and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Stayed here with a few friends for a night out near by. We live in Miami but it was better than drinking and driving so we stayed here and cabbed it to and from the bars. The hotel was beautiful and the staff was so nice. There was a large fancy party going on but that didnt stop the staff form helping us with anything. The pool area is great and the beds are so comfortable. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have great views
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Meggan M
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I had some wonderful steaks, rare wines, which I ever find in any American hotels, wide selection of cheeses, wide choices of food in the buffet, the location of the hotel in the heart of Miami downtown

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Aloft Miami Dadeland
#5 of 7 in Kendall
Coconut Grove
Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove

Been to Miami Marriott Dadeland? Share your experiences!