“wonderful food”

Miami Marriott Dadeland
Ranked #70 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I had some wonderful steaks, rare wines, which I ever find in any American hotels, wide selection of cheeses, wide choices of food in the buffet, the location of the hotel in the heart of Miami downtown

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Miami Marriott Dadeland

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on business in October and found it to be one of the best ‘regular’ Marriott hotels I have stayed in for some years.

Location: In the Dadeland area, 5 minutes’ walk from a large mall, Publix supermarket and a great restaurant area. Close to a local train station and within walking distance of a Target store.

Reception: The first surprise was the ability to check-in online through the Marriott app, so all I had to do at check-in was pick up the key. The staff were very friendly and professional, welcoming and recognised my Marriott Rewards status.

Room: Large and spacious, modern flat screen TV, coffee machine, espresso machine and computer. A large wardrobe with plenty of hangers, modern iron and board. In room safe. Excellent aircon, which was quiet.

Bathroom: Large bathroom area, with toilet and bath tub/shower in a separate room. Basin not in separate room, good if two people share as access to sink still available when bathroom is occupied.

Minibar: Well stocked. Tea and coffee available in room with an espresso machine and a coffee maker

Internet: Free wired connection in the room. Free WIFI also available in the room and public areas of the hotel, fast and keeps connected.

Restaurants: Plenty of choice, but I did not use as hotel situated near a large restaurant area so went there instead.

Gym: Available with modern equipment and an outside swimming pool.

Staff: All very friendly and helpful

Transport: Courtesy bus available to MIA airport and other local places of interest.

Laundry: In room laundry bags available for use. Also there is a Marriott Courtyard opposite, which has a laundry room, with coin operated machines. You can use this service free of charge, you just need to get a key for the lift from the reception at the Courtyard.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Speedbird_238_Heavy
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I stayed here overnight on business and did not spend much time here. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. I accidentally left my cell phone in the car and the valet raced through the lobby to get it back to me.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We had a definite need to stay in this area for just one night. We needed to be close to a group home for a visit and The Falls for a meal with old friends who still live in the city where we once lived. We booked the cheapest room and our gold elite upgrade was automatic and appreciated. We were in placed in room 2305 on the concierge floor. Both reception and the concierge lounge had polite and friendly service.

Our bed was king sized and very comfortable. I liked the pillows. My husband didn't. We had extra towels already in the room as the request is noted on my account.

The bathroom is standard/small but nicely separated into a toilet/shower room with the sink outside and sufficient counter space. The lighting is very good although the room with the shower has a florescent bulb that takes a few minutes to light up fully - nice for middle of the night or first thing in the morning.

Not only did we have a standard coffee machine but we also had a Nespresso machine - GREAT - I don't know if this is supplied in standard rooms or just concierge level. There was also coffee available at all times in the concierge room. The food offerings in the concierge room was basic but all we needed. The concierge honor bar was a bit too pricey for us so we opted out. There was a huge supply of free soft drinks or bottled water. Even diet Sierra Mist (no caffeine) was available which was nice rather than just diet cola as is usually the case in many places.

The AC worked well and the wifi was fast and easy to log on. Both are big pluses.

The valet can be very busy at times so patience is required. The elevators might be the second slowest I've experienced (I'll never forget the slowest one elsewhere :) ) There is a nice large HD television but oddly no HD programing. The screen setting makes the people have the wide look in standard definition - you know the look. I don't use the TV much but this might be an issue for some people.

I didn't find the hotel to be old fashioned but certainly not modern either other than the granite bathroom counter. It's just very traditional and also very clean. Yes, I would definitely stay here again when the need arises and if the price is right which it certainly was this time.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mommabean
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Im not rating any value/benefit from.this hotel since the company I work for pay the bills..

Facilities 2/5: The smallest pool I have seen at a courtyard, Gym pretty basic.

Breakfast 3/5: Eggs, bacon, juice, bread.. average.

Location 4/5: close to dadeland mall, bramdsmart, south dadeland metro station and plenty places to eat.

Rooms 2/5: NO blackout curtains on most of the rooms I have stayed, and belive me it matters a lot.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Luis3333
Reviewed November 21, 2013

a very ineteresting two days of shopping and trasit for me through Miami.

good hotel, excellent service and good food. i did have my evening filled with shopping at the dadeland mall and was easily able to transit around with the metro being just beside. so the location is a great plus.

will be going next January 2014.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Ajit_mathew19
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I was quite shocked when I arrived at the hotel during my last business trip to be told at 7:15 pm there were no rooms available. Apparently, the manager made a very poor decision (in my opinion obviously) to let a rather large group extend their stay and check out extremely late, knowing that the hotel would be full later that day and rooms would not be available until very late in the evening. In fact, I really thought the front desk staff were joking when they informed me I would have to wait an hour for my room. My co-worker waited almost 2 hours. My company spends a lot of money at this hotel every year so I was very disappointed in how we were treated. There was no excuse for this inconsiderate decision. I would not ever stay there again if I wasn't forced to stay there by my company.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank WickedIvy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Aloft Miami Dadeland
#5 of 7 in Kendall
Coconut Grove
Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove

Been to Miami Marriott Dadeland? Share your experiences!