WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Miami Marriott Dadeland

Miami Marriott Dadeland
Ranked #64 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Florida
“Nice, But Needs Updating”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Just spent the weekend at the Miami Marriott Dadeland and enjoyed the location close to Dadeland Mall. What I noticed about the hotel: gold faucets and the wear and tear shows the age of the property. Our room on the 21st floor had 2 tears in the carpet and the heat lamp bulb had been replaced with a florescent bulb. Shower worked well and drained well and the view was fantastic. Super large wall mounted flat screen TV was neat but it doesn't swivel so if you want to watch from the desk or side chair the view is restricted. The bed was comfortable, as were the pillows, but the duvet was lumpy and too heavy. Breakfast was buffet with a good selection ($19.50 if you have to pay for it) but the parking (valet only) at $19 per night was ridiculous. The staff were all nice and helpful especially in the restaurant.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GallivantersGal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Went to Miami for a day and decided to stay here. As soon as I got there the valet took my car and welcomed me to the front desk for check-in. They have computers and a printer for boarding passes or any other documents. When I got to my room there was a cheese tray and a fruit basket. The hotel is close to the Dadeland mall which is great and has options for eating and shopping. My only complaint is the air conditioning in the room, at the middle of the night I woke up and the room was hot, while the A/C made a loud noise.

• Stayed July 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed as part of a week long business conference, with a couple of extra days tagged along to the end for fun. The hotel is perfectly nice - the room was plenty large enough, clean, security box, and decent view. I'm really not sure what the other complaints were. The pool was really nice, as was the gym - plenty of cardio & weights equipment. The hotel is well situation - right next to a large high end mall, there's also a TJ Maxx round the corner, Publix (in case you don't want to use the expensive mini-bar), and also a nice bakery called DonPan. I really have no complaints other than the valet being so expensive at $19 per day. The bed was very comfortable, however some additional power-points and extra lighting especially int he bathroom area would have been greatly appreciated. Free wifi was nice, but the signal could have been a bit stronger. Overall I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high up room (floors 15-20), away from the ice machine.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Biagi
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Was very pleasantly surprised with this property! Was on concierge level so got hot breakfast included. Rooms were Spacious and well suited for business purposes. Front desk check in was easy and fast! In the evening it was nice to go up to concierge level for appetizers a quiet drink.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Crystal Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

We wound up at Marriott after a dismal failure at a downtown hotel. We were happy to find a room. The price of the room wasn't so bad but the price of drinks at the bar will break the bank. Parking is valet only at $19 per night...ouch! If we returned, we would ask for 7th floor, rooms 719 721 & (I think) 723 as they have sliders out to the pool deck. We were on the 8th floor - no balcony. Metrorail is right there so its perfect for anyone arriving at the airport and getting to the hotel without a car. Publix is across the street. We had guests visit us at the hotel and valet parking for the guest was about $10. A FEW drinks with those guests and the bar tab cost more than the room. Service was absolutely great. Breakfast was way too pricey, we went somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Westfield, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!..You will be sorry. Made reservation for four people and was guarantee 1 king bed and a sofa pull out bed. After driving 5 hours we get to the dumpy disgusting room with worn out dirty stained carpet that smelled like old cheese what did we see..1 bed..are you kidding me 1 bed for four adults.What happened to my king and pull out. Went down to the desk and I get sorry sir we overbooked its really busy. One thing is to screw up my reservation but dirty smelly rooms is another. Thanks for the memories Marriott never again

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lincoln, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I was in the Miami area for a medical convention at this hotel. Since the convention was at this property I decided to also stay there for convenience, big mistake. I was also reassured with the Marriot brand reputation. The lobby is large, inviting and definitely up to date. The check-in was without issue and the young lady was quite pleasant but that is where my perception of Marriott as a premium brand ended. My room was 'prepared' at the level of an hourly motel. The water in the toilet was a white cloud. It was probably some cleaning solution which housekeeping neglected to flush which was something minor in my opinion because we all make mistakes, right? Not with this room. The shower wall had some type of sand on the walls which I just rinsed off with water. Again, not an emergency and it was 11pm, I was tired from travelling and it wasn't worth the hassle to go back down to the front desk, complain, get a new room and so on and so forth. Now I noticed these two things after the initial warning which should have been my indication to look for the slot to deposit a few quarters for the vibrating bed. The lamp in the room had the lampshade sitting beside the lamp with the broken, but functioning, bulb still loosely connected. This should have been an obvious sign to the housekeeping staff. In an attempt to be reasonable I can overlook the toilet and shower as a person being in a rush because I am sure that they have plenty of other rooms to clean/service BUT the lampshade being off with a bulb that is broken should have been a clear sign that the room needed attention. Despite all of these things I went to sleep and convinced myself that I would bring the issues to the attention of the front desk staff in the morning because they would be sure to take care of me. The beds were neatly made and comfortable, the view was great and I quickly fell asleep only to have the alarm clock buzzer go off at midnight. At this point I thought I might be on a hidden camera show. First thing in the morning I went to the lobby to inform them of what happened. The clerk was sympathetic and somewhat shocked to the issues I had with the room and consulted with her manager, Monica Strubbia, for a resolution to the issues I had with my room. After what must have been a 10 second conversation I was told that if I signed up for the Marriott Rewards program they could give me some bonus points and that is all that they could do. Seriously? So I have a horrible stay at your property and to appease me I am told to sign up for your membership program for a few points that would not amount to enough for a free/discounted room? Needless to say I was shocked. I settled the room charges as well as valet ($20) charges and checked out. Well, I thought that the required parking charges were settled to my credit card when the clerk asked me if she should place ALL charges to my credit card. When the valet service brought my car to the front they informed me that they couldn't give me my keys because the parking has not been paid. Uhf. Went back to the front desk and the clerk realized that I was getting extremely frustrated and she personally retrieved my keys and handed them to me.

There are several other properties in this area and I would strongly recommend visiting another location. This property is dated and the room has a few power outlets. With the power outlets that are in the room they have installed splitters that are NOT surge protected. Not only can this damage any equipment that you plug into it but it is also a fire hazard.

Room Tip: Stay at another property.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Courtyard Miami Dadeland
Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland
Aloft Miami Dadeland
Aloft Miami Dadeland
#6 of 7 in Kendall
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall)
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kendall East Miami
Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University

Been to Miami Marriott Dadeland? Share your experiences!