Miami Marriott Dadeland
Crowne Plaza Miami Airport(Miami)(Great Value!)
$102
HolidayInn.com
$119
$113
  • Pool
Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay(Miami)(Great Value!)
$159
$189
$159
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Regency Hotel Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
$89
InterContinental Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
$195
$163
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe concierge leveltypical marriottnice business hotelvalet parkingpublix supermarketvalet service iswithin walking distancestayed at the marriottbusiness meetingfitness centercoral gablesup to daterooms are largerooftop poolcoconut grovemarriottsonsite
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Was very pleasantly surprised with this property! Was on concierge level so got hot breakfast included. Rooms were Spacious and well suited for business purposes. Front desk check in was easy and fast! In the evening it was nice to go up to concierge level for appetizers a quiet drink.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We wound up at Marriott after a dismal failure at a downtown hotel. We were happy to find a room. The price of the room wasn't so bad but the price of drinks at the bar will break the bank. Parking is valet only at $19 per night...ouch! If we returned, we would ask for 7th floor, rooms 719 721 & (I think) 723 as they have sliders out to the pool deck. We were on the 8th floor - no balcony. Metrorail is right there so its perfect for anyone arriving at the airport and getting to the hotel without a car. Publix is across the street. We had guests visit us at the hotel and valet parking for the guest was about $10. A FEW drinks with those guests and the bar tab cost more than the room. Service was absolutely great. Breakfast was way too pricey, we went somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!..You will be sorry. Made reservation for four people and was guarantee 1 king bed and a sofa pull out bed. After driving 5 hours we get to the dumpy disgusting room with worn out dirty stained carpet that smelled like old cheese what did we see..1 bed..are you kidding me 1 bed for four adults.What happened to my king and pull out. Went down to the desk and I get sorry sir we overbooked its really busy. One thing is to screw up my reservation but dirty smelly rooms is another. Thanks for the memories Marriott never again

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I was in the Miami area for a medical convention at this hotel. Since the convention was at this property I decided to also stay there for convenience, big mistake. I was also reassured with the Marriot brand reputation. The lobby is large, inviting and definitely up to date. The check-in was without issue and the young lady was quite pleasant but that is where my perception of Marriott as a premium brand ended. My room was 'prepared' at the level of an hourly motel. The water in the toilet was a white cloud. It was probably some cleaning solution which housekeeping neglected to flush which was something minor in my opinion because we all make mistakes, right? Not with this room. The shower wall had some type of sand on the walls which I just rinsed off with water. Again, not an emergency and it was 11pm, I was tired from travelling and it wasn't worth the hassle to go back down to the front desk, complain, get a new room and so on and so forth. Now I noticed these two things after the initial warning which should have been my indication to look for the slot to deposit a few quarters for the vibrating bed. The lamp in the room had the lampshade sitting beside the lamp with the broken, but functioning, bulb still loosely connected. This should have been an obvious sign to the housekeeping staff. In an attempt to be reasonable I can overlook the toilet and shower as a person being in a rush because I am sure that they have plenty of other rooms to clean/service BUT the lampshade being off with a bulb that is broken should have been a clear sign that the room needed attention. Despite all of these things I went to sleep and convinced myself that I would bring the issues to the attention of the front desk staff in the morning because they would be sure to take care of me. The beds were neatly made and comfortable, the view was great and I quickly fell asleep only to have the alarm clock buzzer go off at midnight. At this point I thought I might be on a hidden camera show. First thing in the morning I went to the lobby to inform them of what happened. The clerk was sympathetic and somewhat shocked to the issues I had with the room and consulted with her manager, Monica Strubbia, for a resolution to the issues I had with my room. After what must have been a 10 second conversation I was told that if I signed up for the Marriott Rewards program they could give me some bonus points and that is all that they could do. Seriously? So I have a horrible stay at your property and to appease me I am told to sign up for your membership program for a few points that would not amount to enough for a free/discounted room? Needless to say I was shocked. I settled the room charges as well as valet ($20) charges and checked out. Well, I thought that the required parking charges were settled to my credit card when the clerk asked me if she should place ALL charges to my credit card. When the valet service brought my car to the front they informed me that they couldn't give me my keys because the parking has not been paid. Uhf. Went back to the front desk and the clerk realized that I was getting extremely frustrated and she personally retrieved my keys and handed them to me.

There are several other properties in this area and I would strongly recommend visiting another location. This property is dated and the room has a few power outlets. With the power outlets that are in the room they have installed splitters that are NOT surge protected. Not only can this damage any equipment that you plug into it but it is also a fire hazard.

Room Tip: Stay at another property.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We just flew to Miami from Dominic Republic for week - awesome stay. Maybe this is why we were so disappointed in Marriott. We waited on shuttle over one hour - guess we just missed him the first time - we called three times for pickup and was hot waiting on him. Driver OK - we expected more from Marriott. Then the 18th floor room was well - just OK. Nothing special and the pictures of the pool are far from what it really is. Great lobby facelift but rooms need to be rennovated. Going up looks nice and outside door ok but the lock was hard and stiff, bathroom nothing special - and just a regular room. Marriott can do better or I quit the "club" per say. Nice are with Nice shopping in walking distance. The Shuttle drivers and drive have something to be DESIRED. They should have two...one every 30 minutes leving and going. I think the hotels nearer the airport are nicer. Hilton better. Sorry Marriott but need more to stay and pay the price. Bed was good and TV on the wall but needs help - empty lease area all around block. Mall only attration.

Room Tip: No free breakfast and Shuttle a total miss. Not worth the free shuttle airport service. Mall is great and walking distance. Just to sleep and leave ok.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple