“Good and business friendly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Miami Marriott Dadeland

Miami Marriott Dadeland
Ranked #56 of 121 Hotels in Miami
“Good and business friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I attended a 4 day conference at The Marriott Dadeland. It is a good, business friendly hotel, the conference rooms are nice, service is very good and staff is friendly. The rooms are not tight, there is a small closet for the luggage, plasma tv, tea/coffee maker, iron, clean and comfortable beds and pillows. Bathroom/toilet are also clean and offer good quality toiletries.The minus is the carpet, reaching a point when it should be changed. Although it is not close to Downtown Miami, it has easy access from the airport and there is a Publix store, a Panera coffee shop and some small restaurants and coffee shops around the block. It is very close to Dadeland Mall, one of the biggest malls in Miami, and one rail station away from Dadeland Station, where you can find Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Best Buy and Sports Authority (the train stops at the back entrance of the hotel)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night through my work. The hotel is in Dadeland area of Miami about 30mins drive from Miami airport and south beach. The hotel is located next to Publix supermarket for al lyour needs and 2 mins walk from Dadeland shopping mall that includes multi food court and Macy's along with many other brand names. There are few restaurants in that area.
The rooms were well equipped, very clean and hygienic, has plasma tv, tea/coffee maker, iron, very clean and comfy beds and pillows, hygienic bathroom/toilet and toiletries.
The hotel has wifi, gym, rooftop swimming pool, restaurant , outside lounge for smokers and friendly staff.

1 Thank upg_uk
Pebble Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I probably should have known that this wasn't going to be the best hotel stay when 10 minutes into my visit, the hotel turned off the water for a "small problem." To their credit, the water was restored pretty quickly and the hotel credited me with some loyalty points, but my goodwill towards that issue was quickly erased when I returned to my room to find a maintenance guy painting the room next to mine with a very smelly paint - fumes in the hallway and my room. He agreed to open up some other ventilation routes and the smell dissipated slowly. Then I couldn't turn off a light in the bathroom, which the (next door) maintenance guy said was due to a faulty timer light switch, so he forced it off and I never used it again. And in the morning, using my own hairdryer (because I couldn't find one in the room), I learned that the outlet next to the sink was extremely loose so the dryer would not stay plugged in. Safety issue!

The room itself is unremarkable, with worn carpeting. The single-pane windows let in a lot of street noise - even on the 19th floor! - and the wind whistled through them. On the plus side, I have a lovely view and the bed is very comfortable.

I'm here on a business trip and the meeting facilities are good. The AV support has been excellent, and the buffet dinner was surprisingly tasty.

This is not a hotel I would choose for a return visit if I were making my own travel arrangements. Too many small glitches in an otherwise unremarkable facility have marred my view.

St Johns, NL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We were attending the Taylor Swift concert in Miami, FL. My wife knew of the American Girl store in Miami, and the Marriot Dadeland at 9090 S Dadeland Blvd had an "American Girl" experience.

For a few extra dollars per night, both our girls got a mini-bed for their American Girl dolls to sleep on! (I thought it was a bit over-priced, but on check-in, Sylvania, who was very helpful, advised us the mini-beds were ours to keep and take home after our stay!!) The doll beds were set up and prepped for the dolls when we went in the room, and the girls immediately started playing with the beds and getting their dolls ready to get tucked into their new beds! Very well done!

As well, the next morning, we were leaving on a noon flight. We had a large quantity of luggage, and the bellman helped immensely with the task of getting it all downstairs and stacking it all into the mini-van! He and the Valet Parking staff were very helpful, and I credit them with helping us get off to the airport on time!! Well done and many thanks!!

Breakfast for two was included with our room rate, however in the rush to get packed and off to the airport, we were unable to take advantage of this benefit. Thus, I am unable to comment on the quality of the breakfast/food.

Overall, very pleasant stay. Front desk staff were very helpful with check-in, Sylvania in particular stood out. Very clean, and guest rooms were very clean and bright. The girls will remember the "Hotel where our dolls had beds", and now we have the beds to use for playing in their play-room as well!

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank 902SteveC902
Birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Very clean and Comfortable & Quiet Hotel located 3 blocks from Dadeland Mall. Rocco's Pizza Lounge next door is new wood fired Pizza Place that is as good as it gets. Great High Def TV and WIFI that was "fast enough" and free, Meeting spaces were excellent. Meeting food (Breakfast & Lunch) were slightly less than acceptable, especially for Miami. The hotel lobby is located on a Metro Rail stop which will be a bonus for some. I never heard the train just saw it arrive every few minutes, Pool is on 3rd floor and great for sun bathers. This part of Miami Dadeland is 30 minutes South and way West of the beaches so better be coming here for a specific reason. Getting anywhere (including airport) from this hotel requires getting on a very crowded interstate. The hotel appears modern but is an older part of town. Why meet in Miami and never see the the Ocean or Beaches? There are a lot better airports to congregate to.

Room Tip: All rooms have great View. Why not go for a concierge level .
1 Thank Greg S
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Well located property and good services. Metro Rail right outside the door to take you downtown or even the airport if you are adventuresome. However, their restaurant, Whitneys leave much to be desired. Food at dinner is poor; therefore, I would stay away from all meals there. A great deli is located within walking distance, lots of stores and restaurants to choose from and Dadeland Mall is across the street.

Room Tip: All rooms are good on this property.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ADRIENNE C
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel for a night as I was travelling from New York and had to join work in Miami Port. The Hotel is very plush and elegant as you approach it and is spread over a huge complex of buildings in Dadeland Boulevard. The Marriot Courtyard is just opposite the Hotel. The staff is very friendly and accomodative. The front desk team went out of the way to help me out. i was travelling from India and my Apple chargere did not work because of the socket in US. The Front Desk Representative went out of the way and offered me her own Apple chargere and told me I could keep it to charge my Ipad and give it back to her when I check Out! Wow!

The Dinner was disappointing as they did not have any options except for rice and some meats and stew and desserts in the buffet. The breakfast however was very good and it really made my day as I was in for a long day at work.
The rooms are nice but generally look old and definitely are in need of a little bit of fresh paint and general upkeep. All the staff that I met were excellent and accomodating in every aspect and I did have a great sleep. The beds are comfortable and there is no disturbance.

There is a Publix Store just right across and it was very helpful for some forgotten and last minute shopping.
The views from my floor were great and I could work in peace the night before. Had a nice time and will definitely check in again.
Thank you to the team for making the stay especially memorable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Courtyard Miami Dadeland
Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland
Aloft Miami Dadeland
Aloft Miami Dadeland
#7 of 7 in Kendall
3.5 of 5 stars 81 reviews
Four Points by Sheraton Coral Gables
Holiday Inn Coral Gables - University
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall)

Been to Miami Marriott Dadeland? Share your experiences!