“Friendly Staff but needs updating”

Miami Marriott Dadeland
Ranked #68 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Much like my previous stay here in 2011 I still have to see an improvement in this hotel.

The staff I found very approachable and cheery especially at the front desk however after you have ascended into the lifts to the bedrooms you begin to realise that this is one old style hotel without any charm, just grubby interiors.

The carpet in my room was filthy and unvacuumed. So much so that when I checked in I went into the corridor to ask a maid to give it another vacuum before I could even take my shoes off.

The bathroom flooded when I used the shower.

I found a chicken bone resting on a very tiny ledge by the window.

The A/C was noisy.

Wall paper was curling at the edges.

The yellow chair by the window was filthy.

The blackout curtains didnt meet in the middle flooding the room with light!!!!

Apart from that it was fine. The pool and gym area were very pleasant and the distance from the Dadeland Mall was perfect for a short walk after breakfast. Also the Publix Store across the road was ideal. I didnt use the room service or catering facilities in the hotel on this visit so cannot comment.

A very average stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Irishstandards

Reviewed August 5, 2012

The hotel staff is rude and condescending. I would highly recommend against staying here or hosting any events at this hotel. I have hosted many banquets in the past, and this is by far the worst venue as far as pricing for value and customer service.

Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank vigilfox
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Exactly the consistency you hope for from the brand. We were in town for a wedding over the weekend and found the location good (not perfect as it is a little far from the beach if you are using a taxi), with several things to do and places to eat within walking distance.

The hotel is very clean and the staff more than welcoming. I also found most areas of the hotel very quiet at all times. I would definitely stay here again but do avoid the restaurant on the 2nd floor. You would do much better to venture out to places nearby.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel two nights in June. I have stayed several times on layovers in Miami and I have never had any complaints about this hotel. I have no complaints about this stay either. The room was very clean with all the standard Marriott amenities. The staff were all friendly. There are several restaurants in the area, so you don't have to feel cooped up. The hotel is also within walking distance to the Dadeland Mall but the shuttle is also available for those who would prefer to ride. I have also stayed at the Marriott Airport campus but because I don't drive in Miami I prefer the Dadeland hotel so I can get out for a bit if I want.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My stay at this hotel was very pleasant, it is extremely convenient and near driving distance to Village of Merrick, Coco Grove, The Falls and other US 1 attractions.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2012

for me it was more about with whom rather where, as i live in Miami. The hotel is quite modern, nicely decorated, very, very accommodating staff, and on top of that easy access from the Airport- they even provide a shuttle bus ( i drove but my partner arrived from Texas ). They should have a self parking cause you have to pay for Valet. Other than that fantastic.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I stayed here one evening for business. The hotel is in a business park near the dadeland mall, parking is sparse so be prepared to pay 20 a night to valet.
The common areas of the hotel such as the lobby, halls, elevators, etc are showing some age. Very bland and getting tired. The room was adequate, nice bedding, rather soft beds.
I heard a fair amount of noise from above and from the sides.
Ive been to far better Marriott than this. It is just ok, a bit overpriced for what it is, an aging full service hotel in an area saturated with options. I probably would try something else next time when Im in the area.

Room Tip: rooms may face route 1 (Dixie Road) which may be noisy, ask for a room facing the pool side.