“Great Service, Some Flaws, Tiny Pillows” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SAVE UP TO 15%
Ranked #51 of 119 Hotels in Miami
Owings Mills, MD
“Great Service, Some Flaws, Tiny Pillows”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Upon arrival, we were told our room would be ready in 20 minutes, so we went to get lunch. When I returned 90 minutes later, I was told the room would be another 10 minutes. Our room was very nice with a great view from the 18th floor. Our lock was broken, but the team came to fix it promptly. I liked that there was a card where you could select the time for the maid to service the room, or no service or just towels. Wake-up call was automated and worked correctly. Room was clean. We did not sleep well because the pillows were not very comfortable and they were tiny! We had a king room, but not king-sized pillows. Really, they seemed smaller than standard pillows. Of course most of them were the very squishy kind that hotels seem to favor, so we had to have some firmer ones delivered. Parking was valet only and $18 per day. Everyone was very polite and helpful. Pool was nice, but no hot tub. Gym was large and well-equipped. Hotel restaurant was decent, but a little pricey. Plenty of restaurants and large mall within walking distance. Also very convenient to train.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor. Facing northeast will give you views of the Miami skyline.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Very standard business centered Hotel. $19.00/day to valet park your car. Sagging, uneven mattresses. Slow elevators that once in a while requested you to put your key in a slot, or not. Maid service, not up to standards---shampoos were never replaced. TERRIBLE Concierge service. Good location if you're there to shop. We were not. No amenities for children. Nice pool and gym on the 7th floor, very windy.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Copenhagen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in connection to a wedding. The hotel is a quite typical conference hotel placed near the Dadeland Mall, and close to restaurants in a quite newly build district. Further the access from US1 and the Turnpike is very easy. Book this hotel for easy access to the Florida Keys or the Everglades, but not the beaches of Miami Beach.

The reception staff was pleasant and professional and the valet service was quick.

The rooms are of a good size, clean and with good beds. Nothing special in respect to decor. Free wifi is always a plus in my book.

We are right in the middle of a 3 or 4 star rating, but with only 4 elevators the waiting time could be quite long, and at an ordinary rate I would only rate it a 3.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Ithaca, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Spent one night in the hotel recently. Service was super friendly and efficient. The room was clean except that the carpets were just nasty. I did not want to step on them. Free shuttle from the airport was good. Saved me $40.00.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Spent three nights at Marriott Dadeland attending a meeting. Marriotts are generally solid hotels. The lobby and bar are fairly upscale so one would expect a room with a modern plush top hotel bed but this was not the case. The mattress was hard and I mentioned that to the management. Making up for this was an excellent pool area and gym. The front desk were extremely pleasant and one bought me a Cuban dish I was craving when the restaurant she directed me to did not serve that dish. That kind of service went way beyond expectation. The only thing keeping this from being a perfect hotel is a comfortable bed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Quail84
Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

In front of the Dadeland Mall. 10 minutes away of The Falls. Easy access to the 826.Good balance between price and location. Still one of my favorites in Miami.

• Stayed February 2012
Nassau, New Providence Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Upon arriving at this hotel, it was quickly noted that this trip would be one i would not soon forget.
First thing, 7 of my co-workers and myself were pleased with the front desk clerks who helped as much as they could but the hotel policy itself sucked. We all stayed for 7 days and had 14 days charged to our credit cards. All of our rooms were prepaid via company credit card but yet we were charged double, actually tripple. In order to have this reversed the hotel took 10 days to do this. This was a hamper the entire trip.

Secondly, the parking facilities here suck. 20 bucks a day for parking? Must be crazy. Then when we did decide to park 7 different vehicles, 4 didnt make it. There was no space. We had to revert to parking in the Publix across the street and risk being towed.

Thirdly, the hotel staff that manned the floors were very rude. One evening we were comming up the elevators from the mall and asked for assistance. This guy looked us from head to toe and said to us " Im sorry, I cant help your kind." Now, I am not sure what most people take this to mean, but as someone who has traveled around the world, I know what it meant. This was reported and nothing came out of it..........nothing!!!!!!!!

Fourth, Majority of us stayed with little kids in this hotel and you are trying to tell me I cant get a microwave to warm my baby's milk? What makes it even worse, I had to go down to the front desk everytime I wanted to heat a bottle for the kids and get someone to escort me to what I considered to be the "priveliged" floor to heat a bottle.

The only reason we continued to stay here was becasue it was already paid for by our company and they had already screwed up everyone of our credit cards.

The only two things I can say about this hotel that attempted to compensate was the wifi service and it proximity to shopping facilities. other than that, this hotel sucked !!!!!!

I will never stay there again neither will I recommend it to any one else.

BTW, the mini bar in the refidgerator was too expensive. Why should I spend money on a little bottle when I could have walked across the street to the liquor store in Publix and get the same things at a fraction of the price???????

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Miami Dadeland Hotel
#7 of 7 in Kendall
3.5 of 5 stars 79 reviews
Coral Way
Four Points by Sheraton Coral Gables

Been to Miami Marriott Dadeland? Share your experiences!