“Barely adequate”

Rodeway Inn Miami Airport
Ranked #107 of 125 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The time to the hotel from the time I called took one hour. The hotel is located overlooking the Dolphin Highway, so the noise is continuous. No hair dryer, the tub has no drain plug to take a bath, the bed has only a sheet and light spread, no blanket and the water in the shower varies dangerously In temperature from cold to scalding, this in the middle of the afternoon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 5, 2013

where to start! we book on this hotel because we wanted some place close to the airport, and the pictures showed a decent place to stay a few night, but for our surprise the place where completely different, the place looks old, nasty and dirty, the front desk services where not the best (rude), and they gave a room that was just painted, so the smell was so strong to be inside with the door close, inside the beds looks like someone just sleep there, and what to say about the highway noise, we right the way decided to go someplace else i was not able not even to seat on the bed, the best part was when my husband when to say that we wanted to cancel, the woman was rude saying all kind of things, i believe those pictures were taken long time ago, this isnt a hotel i dont have words to describe it. you rather would like to sleep on the car that get in that place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This hotel is very nasty. To start off, we paid for a SMOKING room on hotel.com. When we got there we were put in a NON smoking room. The computer said park and cruise. We called the hotel to make sure. They told us yes, the price you pay includes parking for up to 7 days while we are on our cruise. We also asked about a fridge in the room. They said every room comes with a fridge and microwave. Also the website says each room has a hair dryer and an alarm clock. We got to the hotel. My husband went to get our room and asked about the parking. He was told its $5.00 a day to park. He informed them the person on the phone said what we paid included the parking. The guy at the desk told him "I am the owner and I don't give anyone anything for free".So he paid the parking seeing we had no choice at this time. Then we went up to our room. That is when we found out we had a NON SMOKING room that smelled very nasty like cigarette smoke and mold. There was no alarm clock, fridge or microwave. And hair dryer? There was a hanger for it! But no hair dryer. The air conditioner didn't work. Lucky it wasn't too hot out! And the sheets were dirty Went to take a shower. The caulk around the tub was peeling off and there was no slip guard material in the tub. My husband almost fell from the shampoo being on the tub and making it slippery. Their complimentary continental breakfast was a joke. You get either 4 ounces of coffee or juice (no refills) and a choice of a mini bagel, croissant, or toast and that's it!!! Also it was very noisy. There was an interstate on one side and a major road on the other. We had 11 people total going on the cruise who all stayed here. 3 rooms total. They double charged my mother. And my sister asked for extra pillows 3 times and NEVER got them. My aunt and her family were in a non smoking room with cigarette burns in the comforter. All 3 rooms smelled. The building was very rundown and falling apart. Just an all around NASTY hotel. I DO NOT recommend you stay here unless you have NO choice!! We won't be returning.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa J
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed at this property this week. I have no idea where they got the pictures for this site. It is horrible do not stay there. It is run down, dirty, the service is horrible, the front desk staff is rude. the business center was broken down and apparently has been for a while. A computer (old one) with a piece of paper saying out of order. When I asked about it they said "It don;t work" poor English and all. The free continental breakfast was a joke first you have to wait for the front desk to issue you a ticket and then walk into the "restaurant" and they give you a choice of coffee, small cup no refills, OR a small cup of juice. Then they give you a tiny bagel (size smaller than a donut) served with butter and jelly. No choice in bagels just a plain white. The wait staff rivaled the front desk folks in rudeness. I wiped our table down with a Clorox wipe and actually turned it black!
The stairs were filthy hair and other such stuff wadded in the corner.
The fitness room was locked and you had to go and get someone to unlock it once inside it was as dirty as the rest of the property, no windows that opened and no fans total lack of ventilation. Back to the room there was no flat screen tv, No bathroom fan, carpeting on floor filthy, will turn your socks black on the bottom. Holes in the comforter, pillows had a bad smell, no hair dryer, windows did not open. Do not stay there it is AWFUL.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stopped in today today to ask about monthly rates and received horrible service. Rude, loud, impolite- no class at all. You'd think I was asking them for their left arm or something. There I was prepared to give them 30 nights! The guy who showed me 2 different rooms was the worst salesman ever. He didn't look up from his phone once! Just walked me to the rooms, opened the doors for me to have a look and that's it! No explanation at all. Why would I want to give such a place my business?? Besides the terrible service, the rooms were dirty, smelly, and ugly. It appears that there are some Section 8 guests residing there too.

Room Tip: Keep on driving and stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank U99A
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This was the noisest hotel I have ever stayed at.
Right next to the freeway! Road noise was horrible. If you are deaf it is a wonderful deal.
This is a really worn out hotel, not even up to average quality, but they try. No hair dryers in the bathrooms. Of course we did not use the shower, or have the free muffin for breakfast.
Staff was fine, food in the onsite restaurant was pretty good for dinner.
Greek and American food on site.
Happy hour at the bar made for decent prices.

LONG line for the cruise ship transfer in the morning. Not sure if a 1-2 wait in line is worth the wait. Never going to stay at is place again!

Room Tip: BRING EARPLUGS if you plan on sleeping.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Looking for an inexpensive hotel while on a south Florida birding trip, I stayed here for one night en route to another location. Overall, the hotel is fairly run-down and uninviting but what was most distressing was the horribly loud freeway traffic noise that persisted through the night. I awoke early to be on my way, and found that the water tap for the shower didn't work properly. What came out was scaldingly hot with no way to adjust the temperature. I would not return, and cannot recommend even at a low price point!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo