“Not a place to stay!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #103 of 120 Hotels in Miami
Shady Hills, Florida, United States
“Not a place to stay!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This hotel is very nasty. To start off, we paid for a SMOKING room on hotel.com. When we got there we were put in a NON smoking room. The computer said park and cruise. We called the hotel to make sure. They told us yes, the price you pay includes parking for up to 7 days while we are on our cruise. We also asked about a fridge in the room. They said every room comes with a fridge and microwave. Also the website says each room has a hair dryer and an alarm clock. We got to the hotel. My husband went to get our room and asked about the parking. He was told its $5.00 a day to park. He informed them the person on the phone said what we paid included the parking. The guy at the desk told him "I am the owner and I don't give anyone anything for free".So he paid the parking seeing we had no choice at this time. Then we went up to our room. That is when we found out we had a NON SMOKING room that smelled very nasty like cigarette smoke and mold. There was no alarm clock, fridge or microwave. And hair dryer? There was a hanger for it! But no hair dryer. The air conditioner didn't work. Lucky it wasn't too hot out! And the sheets were dirty Went to take a shower. The caulk around the tub was peeling off and there was no slip guard material in the tub. My husband almost fell from the shampoo being on the tub and making it slippery. Their complimentary continental breakfast was a joke. You get either 4 ounces of coffee or juice (no refills) and a choice of a mini bagel, croissant, or toast and that's it!!! Also it was very noisy. There was an interstate on one side and a major road on the other. We had 11 people total going on the cruise who all stayed here. 3 rooms total. They double charged my mother. And my sister asked for extra pillows 3 times and NEVER got them. My aunt and her family were in a non smoking room with cigarette burns in the comforter. All 3 rooms smelled. The building was very rundown and falling apart. Just an all around NASTY hotel. I DO NOT recommend you stay here unless you have NO choice!! We won't be returning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa J

Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed at this property this week. I have no idea where they got the pictures for this site. It is horrible do not stay there. It is run down, dirty, the service is horrible, the front desk staff is rude. the business center was broken down and apparently has been for a while. A computer (old one) with a piece of paper saying out of order. When I asked about it they said "It don;t work" poor English and all. The free continental breakfast was a joke first you have to wait for the front desk to issue you a ticket and then walk into the "restaurant" and they give you a choice of coffee, small cup no refills, OR a small cup of juice. Then they give you a tiny bagel (size smaller than a donut) served with butter and jelly. No choice in bagels just a plain white. The wait staff rivaled the front desk folks in rudeness. I wiped our table down with a Clorox wipe and actually turned it black!
The stairs were filthy hair and other such stuff wadded in the corner.
The fitness room was locked and you had to go and get someone to unlock it once inside it was as dirty as the rest of the property, no windows that opened and no fans total lack of ventilation. Back to the room there was no flat screen tv, No bathroom fan, carpeting on floor filthy, will turn your socks black on the bottom. Holes in the comforter, pillows had a bad smell, no hair dryer, windows did not open. Do not stay there it is AWFUL.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Santa Barbara, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stopped in today today to ask about monthly rates and received horrible service. Rude, loud, impolite- no class at all. You'd think I was asking them for their left arm or something. There I was prepared to give them 30 nights! The guy who showed me 2 different rooms was the worst salesman ever. He didn't look up from his phone once! Just walked me to the rooms, opened the doors for me to have a look and that's it! No explanation at all. Why would I want to give such a place my business?? Besides the terrible service, the rooms were dirty, smelly, and ugly. It appears that there are some Section 8 guests residing there too.

Room Tip: Keep on driving and stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank U99A
Henderson, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This was the noisest hotel I have ever stayed at.
Right next to the freeway! Road noise was horrible. If you are deaf it is a wonderful deal.
This is a really worn out hotel, not even up to average quality, but they try. No hair dryers in the bathrooms. Of course we did not use the shower, or have the free muffin for breakfast.
Staff was fine, food in the onsite restaurant was pretty good for dinner.
Greek and American food on site.
Happy hour at the bar made for decent prices.

LONG line for the cruise ship transfer in the morning. Not sure if a 1-2 wait in line is worth the wait. Never going to stay at is place again!

Room Tip: BRING EARPLUGS if you plan on sleeping.
Boston, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Looking for an inexpensive hotel while on a south Florida birding trip, I stayed here for one night en route to another location. Overall, the hotel is fairly run-down and uninviting but what was most distressing was the horribly loud freeway traffic noise that persisted through the night. I awoke early to be on my way, and found that the water tap for the shower didn't work properly. What came out was scaldingly hot with no way to adjust the temperature. I would not return, and cannot recommend even at a low price point!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Room was clean and A/C worked. Free parking was available. But, they really don't have a free beakfast. You are given a small piece of paper from the front desk and asked to choose 1 from A which is a food group and one from B which is a beaverage group. The begal my husband received was the fourth of a size of a regualar begal and I receieved a very small muffin. And it was served to you so you are obliged to leave a tip! At about 3 a.m. a cart was pushed down the hall.

Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at the Roadway Inn Airport in Miami one night before taking a cruise. The desk clerk was rude and inhospitable. She did not give any information to us even when asked. An example of the latter is when asked about elevators, her response was "There is one at each end." She made me feel as though I were interrupting her and intruding on her time. The room was clean, except in the corners and the bathroom was in need of repairs. The "free breakfast" is in a restaurant that seems to be a part of the hotel. It consisted of a choice of bagel, muffin or toast and a beverage. I got the bagel and it turned out to be the smallest one I have ever seen. My partner got the muffin which was smaller than those I make at home. The food tasted good, including the coffee but we had expected the same type of breakfast we have had at other Choice Hotels. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here.
1 Thank canuckie_8