“Don't Bother” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #104 of 119 Hotels in Miami
Santa Barbara, California
“Don't Bother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stopped in today today to ask about monthly rates and received horrible service. Rude, loud, impolite- no class at all. You'd think I was asking them for their left arm or something. There I was prepared to give them 30 nights! The guy who showed me 2 different rooms was the worst salesman ever. He didn't look up from his phone once! Just walked me to the rooms, opened the doors for me to have a look and that's it! No explanation at all. Why would I want to give such a place my business?? Besides the terrible service, the rooms were dirty, smelly, and ugly. It appears that there are some Section 8 guests residing there too.

Room Tip: Keep on driving and stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank U99A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Henderson, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This was the noisest hotel I have ever stayed at.
Right next to the freeway! Road noise was horrible. If you are deaf it is a wonderful deal.
This is a really worn out hotel, not even up to average quality, but they try. No hair dryers in the bathrooms. Of course we did not use the shower, or have the free muffin for breakfast.
Staff was fine, food in the onsite restaurant was pretty good for dinner.
Greek and American food on site.
Happy hour at the bar made for decent prices.

LONG line for the cruise ship transfer in the morning. Not sure if a 1-2 wait in line is worth the wait. Never going to stay at is place again!

Room Tip: BRING EARPLUGS if you plan on sleeping.
Boston, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Looking for an inexpensive hotel while on a south Florida birding trip, I stayed here for one night en route to another location. Overall, the hotel is fairly run-down and uninviting but what was most distressing was the horribly loud freeway traffic noise that persisted through the night. I awoke early to be on my way, and found that the water tap for the shower didn't work properly. What came out was scaldingly hot with no way to adjust the temperature. I would not return, and cannot recommend even at a low price point!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Room was clean and A/C worked. Free parking was available. But, they really don't have a free beakfast. You are given a small piece of paper from the front desk and asked to choose 1 from A which is a food group and one from B which is a beaverage group. The begal my husband received was the fourth of a size of a regualar begal and I receieved a very small muffin. And it was served to you so you are obliged to leave a tip! At about 3 a.m. a cart was pushed down the hall.

Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at the Roadway Inn Airport in Miami one night before taking a cruise. The desk clerk was rude and inhospitable. She did not give any information to us even when asked. An example of the latter is when asked about elevators, her response was "There is one at each end." She made me feel as though I were interrupting her and intruding on her time. The room was clean, except in the corners and the bathroom was in need of repairs. The "free breakfast" is in a restaurant that seems to be a part of the hotel. It consisted of a choice of bagel, muffin or toast and a beverage. I got the bagel and it turned out to be the smallest one I have ever seen. My partner got the muffin which was smaller than those I make at home. The food tasted good, including the coffee but we had expected the same type of breakfast we have had at other Choice Hotels. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here.
1 Thank canuckie_8
Fort Washington, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Save your money and your sanity and stay someplace else.
The rooms were dark and musty. The unprofessional staff engaged in an argument right in front of the customers. We had to make 3 phone calls to the management to do something about the ROACHE infestation in our room. The in-house phone system only worked on occasion. You are required to pay a $10.00 deposit to use an iron and you can only keep it until you finish ironing....same for hair dryers. This dump needs to be shut down for good.
AWFUL!!!!

Room Tip: No rooms here are good. Stay someplace else. This was the worse mistake ever.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DrGray1
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have booked a room to this hotel and I got a barn stall instead.

The bed was more like a fakir bed with spring pinching my back, and a room that smelled like prostitutes have been here a moment earlier, Air conditioning sound like a diesel truck in a truck stop, and a girl on the front desk look like from an Alfred Hichock movie.

I called the hotel from Toronto to tell them that I will arrive on the flight at 9:25 for a shuttle and they told me that the last shuttle will be there no later than 10Pm I arrived earlier and waited for one hour and forty five minutes ... no shuttle! I took a cab and 32 dollars later I arrived at that whatever hotel name that was the rodeway inn, The front desk girl told me that I have to call early to get the shuttle, which I did few hours earlier, but she told me that I have to be precise with what I wanted????? she was very rude and unprofessional plus showing a great deal of immaturity. What in the world I got myself into???

I am now reading the other post on two web site, Trip Advisor and Hotels.com and, I am now finding all the same experiences from other people. Either each guest had my room or this is the whole hotel like that and not only for one oupsy time, but rather all the time. The room smelled bad, the carpet was filthy there was medical tape over some electrical outlet wondering if there will be a fire soon. The list of horrific things are long, but I had to get some sleep as I got there at midnight because of the shuttle not working, and I had to get up at 5 Am for my flight. I have stayed at so many hotel in my life as I am a pilot and fly in many countries, but this hotel is not in Africa, nor in South America, it is in Miami, and the worst I have seen in over 15 years.

Do not got there you might get some diseased from the bed and the tub. I am very sure that is the kind of hotel that prostitutes use for their business. Discusting and horrific.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business