Kimpton EPIC Hotel
$113
$108
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Miami Downtown(Miami)(Great Value!)
$118
Hilton.com
$119
Hampton.com
$179
$159
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Miami Airport(Miami)(Great Value!)
$98
$93
  • Pool
Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay(Miami)(Great Value!)
$179
$119
$105
Priceline
  • Pool
Regency Hotel Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
$122
$105
Cancelon
3,554 results
All reviewswine hourzuma restaurantclub levelexhale spadowntown miamisouth beachwater viewrain showerpool areapool staffroom servicelarge balconycity viewbeautiful hoteljunior suitewhole foodsvalet service
Reviewed February 18, 2011

I stayed at the Epic while attending a conference. The rooms are decorated in a simple, modern style and are lovely. Mine (on the 27th floor) had a generously sized balcony with a beautiful view of the bay and the hotel's pools below. Improving on a few "little things" would take a good hotel to great: put a coffee maker in the room; audit the room before a guest checks in--mine was missing a luggage rack and I had to ask them to bring one; when someone orders a $45 room service dinner, don't make them beg for a glass of ice water, then bring them a tiny 4 oz. bottle of water; when you know your hotel is sold out, hire enough valets so the place isn't chaos, with your guests' cars sitting there completely unattended with the keys in and cars running (when I brought this to the manager's attention, he took care of it immediately and comped my parking charge, which I appreciated); perhaps most importantly, when a guest smokes near someone else who is eating in your restaurant, in violation of Miami's anti-smoking ordinance, MAKE THEM STOP.

This really is a lovely hotel and it would be very easy to fix these things.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2011

DomFrancon:
Thank you for taking a few moments to denote your experience with us.
We are so happy that you enjoyed the modern style of our property.
We will follow up on the opportunities of your stay immediately regarding an in room coffee maker (available upon request), luggage rack, water not served with your In Room Dining meal, our valet service and have all remedied immediately.
We look forward to your return with us.

Reviewed February 17, 2011

I was in Epic for 4 days when I was traveling back from New York. The hotel is very clean and well organized. I got a room on 30th floor, what allowed me to get to the Club Lounge, where they have a simple but nice breakfast, nice treats during the day and some fresh fruits after 09:00 pm.
The view from my room was not so nice as I was facing the city, but the noise isolation in my room was very good, making it a very silent room.
The gym is well equipped also and works 24 hours, what was important for me as well.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family

Levy_Abud:
Thank you for taking a few moments to post your very nice contribution.
Thank you also for mentioning that the hotel is clean, well organized and that you enjoyed your stay on the club lounge level. We look forward to your return with us.

Reviewed February 13, 2011

We stayed in a corner suite on the club level. The suite was fabulous, decorated in a tasteful minimalist modern fashion. Its main balcony overlooked the Miami river estuary and Biscayne bay. There was always some activity on the water to capture your attention.

Without exception, the hotel staff were warmly friendly and eager to do our bidding. The club lounge supplied five separate feedings each day, which were ample to provide breakfast and a light lunch. The open bar was kept well-stocked evenings with premium brands such as Hennesy cognac and Glynfiddich whiskey.

We ate several times at the Area 31 restaurant in the hotel. The food was tasty and nicely presented, but we felt the menu was way too heavy on fish and lacking on other entrees. The Marriott across the street and the Hyatt a block away had decent restaurants within easy walking distance.

One major problem arose: When I initially called to make our reservation, the person at the Kimpton reservation center refused to honor the "3rd day free" promotion advertised on the hotel's web site, and I had to email the Epic's manager to get that rate. Then, the person making the actual reservation asked for my credit card number via unsecured email. I declined, attempted to call her without success and finally completed the reservation with the Eic's front desk staff. Weeks later, I called to add a room for guests of ours, and discovered that our reservation had been cancelled! Fortunately, a very pleasant manager at the reservations center reinstated the reservation and all went well afterwards.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Epic and are making plans to return. A suggestion for the hotel, though: Put in a sundries shop (magazines, candy, etc) . Currently there is none, and the only alternative is to walk to a nearby hotel for what you need.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank khaug1
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2011

khaug1:
Thank you for taking a few moments to post your experience with us.
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay on the club level and the employees were friendly and eager to provide the service you expect. Thank you also for your suggestions regarding the sundry outlet and we will further review your reservations opportunities for a more seamless experience. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 7, 2011

From start to finish, my stay at the Epic was nothing less than sensational! Check-in was friendly and super fast. From the time we pulled up in a cab, we were poolside in about 20 minutes. It would have been faster if I wasn't busy gawking at the spectacular views from the balcony when we got in the room.

The hotel itself is gorgeous. Rooms are immaculate and huge. The balcony is a great perk. The entire staff was incredible. We had most dealings with the pool staff, who were amazing. They could not do enough for you and were extremely pleasant. Special mention must be made of Brooke and Yuki. They greeted us every morning like we were family. They absolutely went the extra step in providing outstanding customer service.

Food offerings were diverse and good. We tried room service, pool menu and Area 31. All were very good and rather reasonably priced. There was enough diversity that in staying there for 4 days we were able to find several new options to try.

The surrounding neighborhood doesn't offer much but with a place like this, there is no reason to really ever leave the property.

The crowd was mixed, but all seemed to co-exist perfectly. Families, singles, couples, old, young, etc., etc.

The entire vibe of this place was just perfect for what I was looking for - relaxation in luxurious accommodations. I got home last night and already miss the place. I'm already looking forward to my return!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mkgesq
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2011

mkgesq:
Thank you for taking a few moments of your day to post your experience with us.
Thank you for praising the team and the accommodations.
We look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 6, 2011

We picked the Epic because of its #1 rating, and we weren't disappointed in the least. We found the hotel staff very pleasant, the hotel had a cool design vibe. They gave us an upgrade. The bath was amazing with separate shower and bath, and separate commode room. We loved the sliding doors and spaciousness. At breakfast, Juan was welcoming each day of our stay. Jose the manager was a great host. Traveled with husband and young adult daughter. Also the location was convenient although the parking was expensive. In and out valet was fast and courteous; there was no rush & we had time to arrange our car for nature excursions to Everglades, beach and shopping.

• Stayed: December 2010
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2011

olive11:
Thank you for taking a few moments to post your experience with us.
Thank you also for mentioning a few of our employees by name.
We look forward to your return.