3,697 results
All reviews wine hour zuma restaurant club level exhale spa downtown miami water view south beach pool area rain shower large balcony whole foods room service city view beautiful hotel junior suite valet parking valet service
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff was super friendly. The place looked nice. The gym was nice. The pool looked amazing, but it was closed for repair. Great location with many places to walk. The bathrooms looked amazing.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Ericka N, General Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

dbahmanou: Thank you so much for the awesome review following your stay! I am so happy you had a great time interacting with our staff, hopefully they gave you some great local spots to walk to. I do apologize about the pool, I hope you were able to utilize one of our sister properties that we offer such as The Surfcomber on South Beach. I hope the next time you visit Miami we see you again for another EPIC stay!

Reviewed June 6, 2018

Beautiful hotel with stunning facilities and rooms. The bathroom was something else. Take your time to navigate the hotel, the terrace bar on the 16th floor is a great spot for an evening drink and offers stunning views of the Miami skyline and harbor.

Breakfast is pricey and be warned that you don't get dinged for the hot buffet when you only participated in the continental buffet. It's confusing because there's a middle island with cheese and meats that's reserved for the hot buffet customers, but it's not clear.

The gym is great, pool is large and surprised to see it unused.

There was some exterior construction going on when we were there which made for some noise but nothing of note.

Comp drinks during cocktail hour in the lobby were a welcome treat.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Ericka N, General Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2018

CaronBee: Thank you so much for your review following your trip, I truly appreciate it. It seems you really had a great time exploring all our amenities on property and made great use of them. I apologize about the confusion in regards to the lack of signs in the buffet. Now that you brought it to my attention I will address this properly. I hope to see you back soon for another EPIC vacation!

Reviewed June 3, 2018

Checking into the hotel for my husbands birthday was very nice. We were warmly greeted by the check in desk and they provided us a nice room with views of the cruise ships that we asked and paid for.

Unfortunately, the TV never worked and they tried on 3 separate occasions to fix it by replacing the box behind the TV. Again after one hour it failed yet again. They provided a $100 credit which was an insulting gesture, since it never resolved the problems of not sleeping & no TV. We originally paid a lot for a premium better room.

Why did we care about the TV to work - primarily to drown out the loud party of young kids next door that went on till 5am. We could not sleep. Felt like I was at a college spring break party... it was memorial day weekend however. We get it - young folks want to party, but should not be at our expense please. Someone from hotel would come, ask them to be quiet, and then 30 minutes later again they would be at it again.

Anyways, really enjoyed Zuma restaurant in the hotel and enjoyed a dinner outside. It was a $1,000 dinner for the 4 of us since we tried the Japanese Wagyu which was amazing! You just need to remember to take your credit card as they dont let you charge your dinner to your room charge which we didnt know till afterwards.

All the hotel staff have great attitudes and the location is ideal for cruise ship passengers.

Room tip: pick the rooms that have views of the waterway and cruise ships
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Lisa S
Ericka N, General Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2018

Lisa S: Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us feedback following your stay with us, I really do appreciate it. First, I would like to apologize for what was a disappointing stay during your time with us which seemed to be all due to other guest. That is not fair nor acceptable for you as a guest staying with us to have your enjoyment compromised due to someone else. Unfortunately, during Memorial Day Weekend Miami is a large destination for a weekend of partying and lively crowds, however, I will certainly be looking further with my team as to why this was not handled properly. The noise level and party should not have continued and for this I sincerely apologize. Additionally, in regards to the TV not working I hope that after multiple attempts someone from the front desk offered to move you to a new room. Typically our engineers are able to fix any issue promptly however this was no easy fix and something they needed to work on once the room was checked out. It seems without the few unfortunate mishaps the rest of your stay was very enjoyable including a night of dinner at Zuma. I am thrilled you were able to enjoy the dining experience that it is Zuma, it really is an incredible restaurant that offers meals incomparable to other establishments. I hope you guys had an incredible voyage at sea and relaxed on the ship, I know I am jealous just thinking about it. I hope the next time you visit Miami we can welcome you back for a chance to show you how EPIC this hotel really is!

Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

Hotel is okay but they blasted music on the pool deck every night. Worst part is there’s nobody at the pool - pathetic. You can tell the hotel is trying to be relevant but simply can’t be.

The rooms are quite nice but I would not recommend staying here. Even if you’re in Miami to go out and have a good time, you would want to stay somewhere where you can have your sanity and not be forced to listen to their terrible music.

Also the valet is the most inefficient operation I’ve ever seen. It’s laughable.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 243rdj4y
Ericka N, General Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2018

Rachael J: Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review following your stay, I really appreciate the feedback. I apologize for what you found to be a disappointing stay, we never want that for a guest. First, in regards to the music we do host a happy hour every Thursday and Friday night on our rooftop at Area 31 which is widely regarded as "The" happy hour spot in the city. Miami is all about having fun and while our music stops at 11pm many other properties in the city go much later. Additionally, valet can be very busy some nights during peak hours, between the restaurants, bars, residents and hotel guest there can be a rush at times which causes a delay, for this I sincerely apologize. I will definitely bring this to the attention of my correct team to find ways to improve on the valet. I hope in the future if you are in Miami again you give us a chance to welcome you back and show you the real EPIC experience.

Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here to attend a business conference in Miami.

The company made a group reservation.

The room was clean, normal size, not small but not big. The decoration was basic, simple, nothing special, it needed something to make it more stylish or cosy, it was neither.

The bathroom was fine, good size. It needed more light.

Room service was fine, too pricey for what it was.

The location was good, although there seems to be a lot of work roads near the hotel.

The highlight of the hotel was the restaurant downstairs, Zuma, which has nothing to do with the hotel.

The swimingpool seems to be going through some renovations.

The cafe where I had breakfast was small, the air conditioning was far too strong.

The buffet was not huge.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business

worthy23: Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review following your stay, I really appreciate it. I apologize for any disappointments you may have faced while with us. This year we turned 10 years old as a property, as a gift we will be remodeling all of our guest rooms and touching up spaces to bring us into the future. I hope once complete we can welcome you back to show you the new EPIC experience.